Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 14)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that pic with Kirk falling into the snow, could that be a 'TOS' escape pod...?

Also, the uniforms, seem to have an ENT style "stripe" of fabric on the shoulders and upper torso area. I like it. Still don't like Kirk in Black though. I like the shot of the Kelvin. Looks like they have messed with the registry scheme again...if the ship is supposed to be older than the 1701, and the regs go chronologically, than NCC (something)0514, then it would have been made in the 2300's. But, they probably changed the whole thing anyways...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope the registry's not NCC-0514, with a placeholder zero.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
look beautiful.... me has high hopes?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That bridge is positively atrocious.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kelvin's registry is indeed NCC-0514. There's a full view of the ship on the TrekBBS. It's a saucer with two nacelles, one above and one below the saucer.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think those are two nacelles. It looks more like a deflector dish above and most likely a nacelle below, although you can't see much of it. I suppose it works as an older ship, though I think the flatness of the saucer makes it quite ugly.

That bridge is really gonna take some getting used to, but it's not terrible. I quite like the panel going along the top with a graphic displaying star systems. At least they've taken elements from the original bridge and maintained a fairly similar layout, rather than doing something completely new. The only thing I don't like is the station where the lady in the skirt is standing. It's probably Uhura's station, brought out from the back of the bridge so she isn't turning around all the time, but to me it looks like a reception desk in a futuristic restaurant.

Scotty steps onto the bridge "table for one, lassie."

The uniforms are great over all, but I'm not fond of Kirk wearing black. Kirk's gold uniform is iconic.. now he looks like he's gonna rob a bank.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm seeing only one nacelle (barely).
USS Kelvin

And the bridge reminds me a lot of the TMP version.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me, there are two nacelles.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20233502,00.html?cnn=yes&iref=werecommend

That would seem to suggest that in at least one part of the film they're using the Cage/WNMHGB laser pistol, which had a revolving barrel.

EDIT: Ahh! That nacelle-eye, it follows you around the room!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

SPOILERS
$
$
$
$

$
$
$

$
$

$
$
$

quote:
Aboard a monstrous and gloomy interstellar cruiser — part Death Star, part Mordor
I'm taking this description to mean the Romulan ship. Weird, huh?

So the Kelvin is destroyed by Romulans. 23rd century Romulans, or 24th?

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda get the impression that the Kelvin is supposed to be an older ship, and that it's destroyed in 23rd century.

And as for that shiney white iStore bridge. Wow. What, are they fighting Romulans or selling mobiles?

So what's happening here? The crew escapes from playschool and save the day from a bunch of baddies that look like biker-Vulcans (but we know that they are realy Romulans, but the goodies in the film don't know that) in the shiney new Steve-Jobs-a-prise?

Oh, and Kirk has to shovel out the lawn, and at some point Sylar takes Kirks power.

Did I miss anything?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, where did you see the two nacells Dukhat? I can only make out the one in the pics I've found (mind you, trekmovie site seems to be overloaded by other geeks trying to get a look at new trek stuff).

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Someone months ago who had seen a portion of the footage by JJ himself stated that he saw a Starfleet ship with a saucer and two nacelles, one above and below. Fan speculation was that it was the Kelvin, which has turned out to be correct.

However, now that I'm looking at the larger picture, I wonder if it's actually one nacelle under the ship (with a red Bussard collector), and the engineering section above the ship, since the blue glow could be a deflector instead of a Bussard collector. Either that, or there's one red and one blue collector for some reason.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Dukhat the Kelvin has two nacelles as well and maybe the bottom one is damaged, hence it being fiery red.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo...the trailer comes out on November 14, attached to the new James Bond movie. Now I really have to go see it.

That looks like a second nacelle instead of a deflector dish/eng. hull. Maybe they're just meant to be different colors...maybe showing some improvement in technology with the Enterprise, that will hopefully have two red/orange bussards.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps