Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 27)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Idle hands breeds more logos...apparently.
 -
 -
 -
 -
Anyone who wants to draw a big organisational chart of starfleet in logo form, I think I almost have a complete set!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost?! Good grief, after taking into account pretty much every branch, including their changes over time, what's left?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DEEP BREATH...Starfleet R&D, Federation Security Council, Starfleet Medical Academy, Starfleet Sciences Division, Federation Diplomatic Corps (23rd & 24th C), Advanced Technologies Division, Starfleet Bureau of Information, Starfleet Exploratory Division, Starfleet Materiel Supply Command, Starfleet Command School and of course Starfleet Tactical Operations (where all the Marines, Grunts, Gropos & Squaddies live).

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you do JAG? Exploration Command? Terraforming Command? Colonization Command? What about a logo just for the Admiralty or the Joint Chiefs?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's done JAG. I think I was the one who questioned him initially on it. And would there really be a Joint Chiefs? It's pretty much a bunch of admirals in one service organization.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know he's done Intelligence, too, but can't find it, and I know want to use it (not for republishing). Could anyone point me to it?
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

The most recent version I saved to my hard drive.

-

Starfleet JAG that's already been done.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see new logos!

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Did you do JAG? Exploration Command? Terraforming Command? Colonization Command? What about a logo just for the Admiralty or the Joint Chiefs?

Starfleet Exploratory Division is on the list already, I doubt there is such a thing as Terraforming Command. Most likely Terraforming falls under Federation Colonial Administration's authority and where (if) Starfleet gets involved it probably falls to the Planetary Sciences Division.

Speaking of which, I have already done Colonial Administration.
 -

As for the "Joint Chiefs", I don't think they exist either. If you recall ST:VI the President was briefed by the Starfleet "Commander in Chief", Cartwright - whom I assume is Chief of Staff for Starfleet Command - and West - presumably representing Starfleet Tactical Operations.

Remember that in Star Trek the Federation President is NOT the Commander in Chief like the US President is.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking "Joint Chiefs" in terms of the heads of all the departments, but whtvr.

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I doubt there is such a thing as Terraforming Command. Most likely Terraforming falls under Federation Colonial Administration's authority and where (if) Starfleet gets involved it probably falls to the Planetary Sciences Division.

Behold.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Bah! Bah, I say!

I still think it sounds silly calling it Terraforming COMMAND. Next thing it'll be Weather Control COMMAND, Flower Arranging COMMAND and Chicken Soup Nozzle Repair COMMAND.

Ok, maybe that's a little harsh, but still, I find it hard to believe that there's a whole branch dedicated to Terraforming. So no logo for them.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...Not exactly anyway.
 -

--------------------

Babaloo
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for Babaloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend, you do some fantastic work. I'm new to this forum, but what I've seen so far interms of graphics is great. Are you involved in graphics for work, or do you just dabble on your own?

Also, may I ask what software you use to create these wonders?. Maybe I can try my hand at creating something.

Keeps those great creations coming.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about the Vulcan Science Academy?

A Logo for Mars?

Starfleet Corps of Engineers?

Is that a lirpa in the middle of those scales?

Federation Archaeology?

Anthropological studies?

Stellar Cartography?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Reverend, you do some fantastic work. I'm new to this forum, but what I've seen so far interms of graphics is great. Are you involved in graphics for work, or do you just dabble on your own?

Also, may I ask what software you use to create these wonders?. Maybe I can try my hand at creating something.

Keeps those great creations coming.

Cheers Babaloo. To answer your questions, no I don't do this sort of thing for a living (yet) and I use Paint Shop Pro X. Though to be honest programs like Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Freehand are just as good for this sort of work.

quote:
What about the Vulcan Science Academy?

A Logo for Mars?

Starfleet Corps of Engineers?

Is that a lirpa in the middle of those scales?

Federation Archaeology?

Anthropological studies?

Stellar Cartography?

1 - I've been thinking about that, but have yet to think of an appropriate design.

2 - As in the Colony? Again, I've thought of that but I've yet to get a good look at that painting on DS9 that it's flag was supposedly based on.

3 - Already done two versions of the corp of engineers, though Dan only has one of them up there, as far as I can see.
Anyway, here's the other one.
 -

4 - If a Lirpa is what you call that Vulcan weapon from Amok Time, then yes. If not, then no.

5 - Possible, I do have an ENT era logo from which to extrapolate. Dose anyone know if a specific organisation, museum or institute was mentioned in relation to Xeno-Archaeology? Probably one of the ones Vash was kicked out of. I can only assume that it's have to deal primarily in dead or abandoned worlds since I'm sure most local planetary government would have the right to study their past, or not. Either way I'm sure the Prime Directive extends to the sanctity of a race's right to decide what happens on their own soil.

6 - That's a tricky one. I would have thought Anthropological studies would be done by the various Universities of the Federation (including SF Academy) so it's more of a study subject or profession, not what I'd call a government institution.

7 - Again, that more of a department on a ship...though I suppose there must be some central Starfleet Agency responsible for cataloguing the thousands of survey reports and compiling them into the definitive starmaps of the Federation.
Like the Ordinance Survey in the UK, or USGS in the states...Maybe that's exactly what UESPA is doing by the 24th Century? Why else would they still be around?

--------------------

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps