Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 25)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a while, but here's some new ones.
 -
 -
 -
I know I said I wouldn't but...well it was so easy I thought I might as well.
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you back on this thread Rev and very nice work.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some pics of the Constitution-class U.S.S. Defiant's insignia. (Minor spoilers for ENT "In A Mirror, Darkly").

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Rev!

I suspect that BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) might still be around in a few hundred years.

Re MMoM's link: That's an interesting uniform variant on T'Pol.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pass, I just adapted that sign from a screen grab from...I forget, either the "Harry was never on Voyager episode" or the one with the Bell Riots.

I presumed it had something to do with the white structures that seams to have replaced the roads on the Golden Gate Bridge by the 23rd Century.

The caps from the new ENT episode looks promising, in terms of logos and midriffs [Wink] .
A shame they didn't pull their finger out on that show earlier.

Interestingly, it looks like Okuda himself based the "new" Defiant logo on both Jefferies & FJ's versions of the boomerang.
link

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Guardian 2000 post a link to his page in the Okuda thread on TrekBBS?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok, I don't like getting into this kind of thing but this thread over on Art Asylum has been brought to my attention.
I assume this is the same "Odysious" that just complimented my on my work so it becomes quite obvious where he's sourcing some of these logos.
Now I know my own work when I see it, so I'm afraid it looks like we have a plagiarist in our midst.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He included his version of the Columbia patch which he posted here.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Ok, I don't like getting into this kind of thing but this thread over on Art Asylum has been brought to my attention.
I assume this is the same "Odysious" that just complimented my on my work so it becomes quite obvious where he's sourcing some of these logos.
Now I know my own work when I see it, so I'm afraid it looks like we have a plagiarist in our midst.

Hey Rev. I ment no disrespect Rev please beleive that. And if I have caused offence, I am sorry. I love the logos you have designed I think they are great and it has inspired me to try my hand at it.

There are couple of image there that I re-created based on your designs. More specifically the ECS Southern Cross and the ECS North Star. The others are re-created based on screen captures found on the net. If some of the other logos happen to look like yours it maybe because we used similar screen captures.

Again, I am sorry if I caused offence, it was not my intent. I will remove the thread from the AA board to eliminate any further issues this may bring up. Sorry!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Hey, Rev!

I suspect that BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) might still be around in a few hundred years.

Re MMoM's link: That's an interesting uniform variant on T'Pol.

Actually, some of Andrew Probert's design sketches for the air tram from TMP included the BART logo on the exterior. I always thought that was a nice touch and wish it would have been kept for the film. As someone (and more specifically a dork) who rides BART from time to time, I enjoy looking out the windows and pretending I'm Kirk on the air tram to SFHQ. Nerd cred!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Someone's probably already mentioned this, but as long as I was doing screencaps from "Errand of Mercy" (TOS)...

Emblem of the Klingon Empire - 2267 (on groovy Imperial stationary, no less!)
Wall decoration

At least, I think it was intended to be the symbol of the Empire at the time. I suppose it could be re-interpreted now (in view of the more classically-remebered, three-bladed version introduced in season 3 of TOS and used pretty much universally thereafter, including on ENT) as Kor's house emblem. (It also appeared on his sash.) But it was seen on Kang in "Day of the Dove" (TOS) and even on Worf in early TNG. (The same costume piece was used.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ March 31, 2005, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Wow. This thread is dead. But I remain in denial of this fact.

Anywho, the first closeup of the actual official Columbia NX-02 patch that I've seen can be found here. Same with the Cold Station 12 patch. Perhaps people would like to fine-tune their renditions accordingly?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, there is more detail there then I thought
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Klingon stationary has an oddly Victorian feel to it. I guess typesetting is also an honorable profession.
Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Wow. This thread is dead. But I remain in denial of this fact.

Anywho, the first closeup of the actual official Columbia NX-02 patch that I've seen can be found here. Same with the Cold Station 12 patch. Perhaps people would like to fine-tune their renditions accordingly?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

What a sneaky script... I hate div layers... but after all it is not too difficult to save the image [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps