Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 24)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, if only.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here's a few new ones and one not so new one.
 -
 -
 -

The "OPSEC" logo was made at the request of Hobbes. I think he wanted something more original but I'm under serious time constraints with my DKA work (15 pages in as many days!) so I took the lazy option.

And yes, the DI letterhead is from an onscreen source. In this case that trusty Picard family album.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPDATE
updated the OPSEC logo with something a little more elaborate.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Personally I think that the update looks way too busy. There's too many overlapping elements in there. And I think you need to fix the fill on the gold arrowhead. That radial fill as it is just doesn't look right.

B.J.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, sorry for asking Rev, didn't know you were that busy. Although it wasn't a rush request that I needed today, tomorrow, or even next week.

Anyway, for everyone else, this is what I originally had, even though the text is wrong. It should be more like: Department of Starfleet Intelligence - Operations Section.

After watching shows like Alias, La Femme Nikita, 24 the idea of a Star Trek based covert anti-terrorist intelligence group seemed like it could be a cool idea.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Another update. Scroll up to view.^
I'm not a big fan of having all Americanized logos for the Federation or Starfleet, so I'll try and avoid too many direct correlation with the CIA or NSA or whatever secret agency logos.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
After watching shows like Alias, La Femme Nikita, 24 the idea of a Star Trek based covert anti-terrorist intelligence group seemed like it could be a cool idea.

Team Federation??

*sings* Federation, fuck yeah...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give it another shot. I really like the silvery metallic look like on the olive branch. I'm not sure how to accomplish that with Photoshop.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know no ones posted on this thread for a while. But with the latest Enterprise episode we got a pretty good look at the patch for the NX-01.

Here is my receation of it.

-

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad at all! Actually looks pretty close to me. Only two things: you're missing a star near the U in COLUMBIA, and your border needs some anti-aliasing.

See here.

B.J.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

As long as I'm here, I might as well post these. I lifted them straight off of startrek.com yesterday. So they're not my artwork, OK?

$$$$$WARNING - SPOILER ALERT for "In a Mirror, Darkly"$$$$$$$
Mirror Empire
Mirror MACO
Mirror NX
Mirror NX-09

B.J.

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the comments B.J. The star was there before but I must have deleted it accidentaly when working on it. I also added the anti-aliasing I usually have this on but .... I don't know.

Hope you all like.

--------------------
Odysious

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NX-09!?!?!?
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And? Who's to say the mirror universe couldn't be up to their 9th NX class ship? It's quite possible their class was started much sooner and the ships were built simultaneously. Besides, with an empire to control, you've got to have the ships and you certainly have the people to force around.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vulcan, along with its industrial capacity, is under Terran control at this point, isn't it? So there's an easy explanation for Mirror Earth's ship surplus.
  This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps