Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Honda Curse.... or is it just me? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Honda Curse.... or is it just me?
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My car was stolen last night sometime between 11pm and 12:20 am. I know this, because it was stolen from my place of work, and I didn't get there 'til 11pm, and there was a cop arresting a man in the parking lot starting at 12:20. Unfortunately I didn't notice the car missing until almost 1:30.... good thing the cops were there already, right?

Anyway, I've had nothing but trouble from this car. Well, not from the car itself... I mean, it runs great, and it's dependable and all.... I've put over 16K on it! But I think God is trying to tell me I shoulda bought a Chevy or something, because now it's gone, and before that there were NUMEROUS attempts to get rid of it.

I bought the car in June. In July it was in the first car accident. $700 and a new hood/paint job later, it was good as new. Then came Sept's car accident. That one cost almost $5000 in repairs, and the car STILL isn't right, and neither am I. Then, just 2 weeks ago, I was in the 3rd car accident. This one was minor, but still shook me up. Now it's been stolen. I think it's the car. I HOPE it's the car. Because if it's not the car, then I'm seriously cursed, and there's nothing I can do about it...... I think I'll go hide now.

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! I can top that! My flatmate was MUGGED last night! On our street!

------------------
"Businesses used to be like Christianity; if you were faithful and obedient, you could obtain bliss in the afterlife of retirement. Now it's more of a reincarnation model. If the worker learns enough in his current job, he can progress to a higher level of employment elsewhere."

- Dogbert

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be a scuzzbag holiday or something.

Person or persons unknown drove up my driveway with their lights off last night. But the dogs and I both heard them coming - it's hard to be quiet on reddog gravel - and when I turned on the floodlights, they sped down over the hill, not using the driveway, nearly clipping two trees, and escaped.

Didn't get their licence plate, darn it. And no time for a farewell shotgun blast.

Oh, well, you can't have everything.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honda, eh?

Had
One
Never
Did
Again

Okay, so maybe I'm being a little harsh, but in my opinion, the Honda is hardly a dependable car. But considering your situation, I think it is pure bad luck, it could happen to ANY car.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to think twice about the car being cursed. Think about it: You've been trying to get rid of the car for a while, and then all of a sudden it gets stolen. If the police can't find the car, it's out of your life and your insurance can reimburse you!

------------------
Star Trek: Legacy

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have an Acura. What a piece of shit. Transmission dropped out the first month I had it. Ugh, bad car. Buy a Jeep.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, if you want a good car that will last a long time with relatively low maintanence, get a Mazda. They're good cars. My driving school uses them, and we beat the shit out of them on a regular basis. And they still come back for more...

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, just in case you don't know, Acura = Honda. Acura is the "luxury" division of Honda, that Honda just created in order to sell more cars. The Integra is the same car as the Civic, CL the same as an Accord, etc.

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a Ford. Our family has never owned one that hasn't lasted more than 10 years

Did I mention I drive a 1978 FORD Fairmont?

------------------
"President Bush. It's fun saying that. Go ahead, you try." - M. Lucinsky, Spectrum Editor

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way things are nowadays, new Fords are Mazdas, and vice versa. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Ford man myself.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, your car is older than most of these forumgoers.... You need to register it as a Historical Monument....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually want to get another Honda..... an Accord, actually..... late 90's, low miles, fully loaded.....

Or a 2001 Volvo S80..... but there's a bit of a price difference there.......... ;-)

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The359,

Yes, I am well aware of the relationship with Acura and Honda. Having a Honda engine is a big clue The point I was trying to make, is that I sympathize with those having problems with Hondas.

And yes, the Eagle Talon and the Mitsubishi Eclipse ARE the same cars too.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Eagle was a Chrysler division before they were broken up. Chrysler has been buddy-buddy with Mitsubishi since the 80s, and even have a firm control of their ruling board, but has never officially taken over the company (though there are rumors of DaimlerChrysler finally buying them out). Because of this influence Chrysler had over Mitsubishi, a lot of Chrysler and Mitsubishi cars were actually identical.

Eagle Talon/Plymouth Laser/Mitsubishi Eclipse
Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi something (I forget the name)
Chrysler Sebring/Chrysler Cirrus/Dodge Stratus/Dodge Avenger/Plymouth Breeze/Mitsubishi Galant
Dodge Stealth/Mitsubishi 3000GT (AKA Mitsubishi GTO)

Trust me, in the automotive industry, car company you can think of is either owned by someone else, created by someone else, or has a partnership with someone else. I actually have a chart of who owns who:

BMW Automotive Group:
BMW
Rolls-Royce
Rover
Mini
MG

DaimlerChrysler Automotive Group:
Chrysler
Dodge
Jeep
Mercedes-Benz
Mitsubishi
Plymouth
Smart

FIAT Group:
Alfa Romeo
Ferrari
Fiat
Lancia
Maserati

Ford Motor Company:
Aston Martin
Ford
Jaguar
Lincoln
Land Rover
Mazda
Mercury
Volvo

General Motors:
Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
GMC
Holden
Hummer
Oldsmobile
Opel
Pontiac
Saab
Saturn
Subaru
Vauxhall

Honda:
Acura
Honda
Isuzu

Hyundai:
Hyundai
Kia

PSA Group:
Citreon
Peugeot

Renault:
Infiniti
Nissan
Renault

Toyota:
Daihatsu
Lexus
Toyota

VW-Audi Group:
Audi
Bentley
Bugatti
Lamborghini
Porsche
Seat
Stoda
Volkswagon

Hard to even think of any company anymore that isn't owned by someone else...

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited February 01, 2001).]

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*the following message uses U.S. currency and measurements.

I drive a 1981 Dodge Diplomat, and it's quite reliable. We got it about one year ago for $416 and it had 121,539 miles. (We've since put 5,219 miles on it)... for a "beater", it's been a great car.

Total times that it wouldn't start for us: 4 (dead battery; revenge of the dead battery; flooded it with too much gas; unknown issue with carb)

Money invested in repairs/upgrades to this date: ~$247 (Some new assorted hoses and small brake components, a radio, some stuff from the junkyard, a battery)

Money invested in petrol: Umm....318 cubic-inch 2bbl V8 engine, 2400 lb car, heavy right foot, what do you think? *L*

Total road trips: 2

Features: P/s, p/b, p/w, tilt, am/fm/cass, and those cool windshield wipers that you can set on a timer

For a beater from 1981 which deserved either rest or a kind elderly driver (not a new teenage driver) long ago, it's a damn good car. *L*

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps