Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Honda Curse.... or is it just me? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Honda Curse.... or is it just me?
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egad!!
I came here to see if anyone had heard from Liz, and find this thread. Again, Egad!

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really should look into this religion thing, it souncd nice and safe and boring. My current lifestyle's focal points of alcohol, drugs and meaningless sex are beginning to have an adverse affect. I don't even remember how I got home last night, for Christ's sake. . .

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember to lubricate your Belief Engine before you go looking into religions. They mostly use Snake oil, which isn't good for your Paradigm Shift.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the what now? 8)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget to keep a close on your Rotating Manfibulator.

Grrr. I hit a fucking deer last night. Grrr.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's terrible. It died immediately, I hope?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

It was 11:30 last night, I was coming from a delivery in Balt. County (sort of the country-ish part), came down a hill on a curve, and hit it (I'm assuming) with my right front bumper.

I don't even really remember what happened, except it jumped in front of me, I almost swerved into another car, and then I was in the church parking lot. I think I broke it's front leg (or both of them). It was trying to limp out of the parking lot and into the woods, and it wasn't having much success. The police showed up, and the officer told me that if Animal Control wasn't in the area, he'd wind up shooting the deer (but I left before that happened).

Amazingly, there was no damage to my Jeep! The bumper is AMAZING -- but, probably that I hit him at an angle and not direct on -- led to that.

God damn deer.

It was at least ten minutes from when I hit it to when the police showed up, and I know the cop was going to wait until both of us left before "finishing" it (another driver pulled over right after I hit the deer, and waited for the police with me).

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited February 10, 2001).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK, the deer hunter.....

Glad our Jeep came through, some of the deer strikes from where I am from cause major damage.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

If I'd been a foot further up the road, it would've done more damage 'cuz he would've impacted at the front right wheel. That would suck -- as it was, the impact almost caused me to lose control (and since there was another car coming the opposite way, that woulda' blown chunks). GET A JEEP! Great for ramming your way through deer ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn! You almost damaged your bumper! Holy fuck! Good thing that deer wasn't bigger, or you might have had a scratch! But you got him good! Serves him right for jumping in front of your - the man's - jeep.

God damn deer, thinking they have the right to be able to run around in the woods. What the fuck was he thinking. I hope that policeman shot him up good, and smacked him around a bit, toteach him a lesson. A DEAD LESSON!!!!!!1

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited February 10, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, the deer population in Maryland is huge. The state has organized "Hunt-A-Thons" to go whack 'em to bring it under control, but there's a huge problem with people hitting deer, we got so many of them.

UM, I think you misunderstand. I'm shocked that I hit a deer and ONLY damaged my bumper. Most people who hit deer have to take their vehicles into the bodyshop.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK, I think you misunderstand. I'm shocked that you hit a deer and ONLY worried about your bumper. Most people who hit deer have are at least a little shaken up at killing some large creature.

You = Major Liberal!

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I was shaken up by hitting the deer. Did I ever say I wasn't? If I'd been just a little bit father up the road, he would've slammed into the side of the engine, and might've knocked me into oncoming traffic. If I'd been a foot back, I would've hit him dead on. But ...

a) it wasn't my fault, I was going the speed limit, on a curve down a hill, and there was nothing I could've done differently (on my side) that would've prevented me from hitting the deer.

b) it was last night. I got over it.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited February 10, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hey, LOA, you get your car back yet?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeeps don't kill deer... Liberals with Jeeps kill deer!

No, actually I almost hit one last week here, with my old Cougar.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps