Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Honda Curse.... or is it just me? (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Honda Curse.... or is it just me?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, actually the cop killed the deer ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the Industrial Revolution killed the deer.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did all this get in here while I was away?

I wouldn't feel so hot if I had to execute an animal like that... And it's a responsibility if you're alone.

We have more moose up here, so a point blank crash usually means the death of all involved.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If wolves hadn't been mass-persecuted, you wouldn't have a deer problem in the first place.

------------------
"Censoring the Internet is like putting a toll booth at the bottom of the ocean."

--Celia Pearce, The Interactive Book

[This message has been edited by Tora Ziyal (edited February 10, 2001).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK: Yeah, Liz got her car back. It's apparently a mess, but unfortunately driveable. Yes, I say "unfortunately", because that simple fact of driveability means she's screwed out of the insurance payoff she would have had, otherwise. This was Thursday night that they found it, and I haven't talked to her since, so I don't know any more details.

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I feel I must point out that LOA is apparently about the closest person to Simon, geographically. I think we should demand she make a pilgrimage to determine once and for all the exact measurements"

Why make a pilgrimage? From where she is, she'd only have to stick her head out the front door to get a look at it.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, just taking the measuring tape from one end to the other could be considered a pilgrimage...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people are sick. And there's no way- *sees part of Sol outside the window stretching on* I stand corrected.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't feel so hot if I had to execute an animal like that ... And it's a responsibility if you're alone

Hot? Dude, if that deer had hit me a bit further down, he might've knocked me off the road. I wasn't feeling hot, I was feeling "oh my god I could've died" (it's a very narrow road).

Thank god for cell phones, because, honestly, the only thing I'd have to kill the deer with is my MagLite and I don't think I'd want to beat it to death with that. Trust me, I'd've preffered not to have hit the deer at all.

As for the "deer frozen in headlights" ... I don't know if that's what the deer does, or what the human reaction is afterwards. It certainly seemed to me like the deer was "frozen in my headlights" for a few seconds before we impacted, but I certainly don't think it actually "froze", just that I focused on its heads (my eyes, that is) before I hit it.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So thst's why people have MagLites. I suppose the mini-pen one I keep in my car wouldn't do. And what was it about the idea of bludgeoning this poor creature to death with a torch that so disconcerted you? How traumatic it would be for you, having to listen to it's squeals of pain as you laid into it? Or were you concerned your torch might get damaged? 8)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Actually, I have a MagLite to help me find my way to homes who don't turn their house lights on

I think it'd be a bit painful for the animal to be bludgeoned to death by a flashlight, don't you? I know I for one would rather get shot then bludgeoned to death.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine has a survival-knife in his car, but not primarily for deer. I worry, really...

What Geena Davis did was pretty good, though. Taking it by the horns and twisting, but it could get pretty nasty if the poor thing still stands, like you said.
Might take you a couple of minutes, especially if he's hefty, huh?

I'm sorry, this is horrible, but I thought of that "Jim Carrey"-movie.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

No horns.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I got the car back... sorry, didn't realize anyone here had even noticed that it was missing

It was trashed on the inside. It had a dead batteryv that took a while to get started, and they aparently removed the computer in my car at least for a while, if they put it back at all. It hasn't been to a mechanic yet, so I don't know if the parts that are there are actually parts to the car, or just crap parts stuck in to make me THINK they didn't damage the car. There's some body damage that needs to be taken care of (grr!)and the car was taken on a 150 mile joy ride, according to the odometer. I got it back on Friday morning at 1am, and since then I've cleaned it up a bit, gotten it washed, and had the body work appraised. Monday I have to take it to a mechanic and have THAT checked out, then I have to take it to a stereo shop to have an estimate done on replacing all of the factory installed stereo equipment that was gone. Tues, my insurance company is appraising the value, and from there I'll get a check... but I still get to keep the car.

Anyone ever read the book by Stephen King called "Christine"? That's what I've named this car now, because no matter WHAT happens, it keeps coming back.... quite frankly, the car scares me at this point, but what can I do? Pleh.....

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And on a side note.... Geographically, yes, I'm the closest to Simon.... but I'm not so sure that I want to spend time with the measuring tape like that I AM, however, taking a trip to Seattle at the beginning of March.... *grin* Yay for Old Navy!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps