Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I have a car (Page 12)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: I have a car
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you're a food fetishist who eats many pigs whole, the eSeries segway allows for 34kg of cargo to be toted. I do not buy fourteen thousand Caramilk bars, so I, for one, would "be down with that."
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Try to bring home groceries on one of those things. That's all I gotta say.
Now, Buttercup, all you would need to do is hitch up a little red wagon to the back of the Segway. It'd be so easy to transport groceries, a passenger, or a Great Dane with 16 kilos of pure cocaine tucked into condoms and shoved up his ass.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you shoulda seen the look on that dogs face
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You drool over Honda Civic Hybrids? Ugh...

I drool over this:
 -
2003/2004 Aston Martin DB7 Zagato

A modified Aston Martin DB7 Vantage that is shipped to Italy to have it's body built, by hand, by Zagato coachbuilders. Every exterior panel is pounded out with hammer and anvil. The standard 420hp V12 is upped to ~450hp, and the car made lighter by 60kg. Dark Chocolate aniline leather interior. 2-seater only (No 2+2 option, unlike DB7 Vantage). 6 speed manual transmission with modified Final Drive gear and short-throw shifter. Vantage Sport suspension. Upgraded brakes. Car built to buyer's specifications. Total uniqueness since only 75 - 100 cars will be built. 0 - 60 in under 5 seconds. Top speed over 190mph. Total price of approximatly $200,000.

Gimme. Now. [Eek!]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would I sound Omegesque in my tastes if I said I preferred the styling on the regular DB7? The grille just seems a bit disproportional, though I'm sure it sucks powerfully.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it looks like some kind of whale or something. Be sure to clean the excess plankton off the radiator regularly...
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's merely a matter of taste. The DB4GT Zagato had a slightly larger grill with a large nose overhang compared to the regular DB4GT, and the V8 Vantage Zagato had a totally redesigned grill. So I guess it's just a Zagato trademark (along with the Double-Bubble roof styling).

The grill reminds me of the Chrysler LHS/Concorde and Cunningham C12R grills.

Of course, the grill isn't the only thing that has changed:
 -

Beefed up rear wheel arches, double-bubble roof and rear window, Italian-style taillights, fold-down boot access, and a modern take on the Kamm tail, originally used on the DB6.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more of a Vanquish man myself. Though I probably wouldn't buy an AM (assuming I ever could afford one, that is).

Also, the '92 Vantage looked better. [Cool]

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

I have no problem with the Vanquish, it's also a great looking car and the performance is better then the DB7 Zagato, but the Zagato is also more of a collector's item. Less then 100 Zagatos will be built total, while 300 Vanquishs will be built this year alone. All to this the fact that the Zagato is the most powerful DB7 yet, better then the regular car or the Vantage version. The Vanquish is merely the starting of the new line. Vanquish Vantage will be out in a few years with slightly new styling and a ~700hp Supercharged V12. So this Zagato may be one of the last big hurrahs for the DB7 before DB8 comes out in the future.

Oh, and the '92 V8 Vantage was good, but the '99 V8 Vantage LeMans was better [Cool] 550hp Twin-Supercharged V8 in standard form or 600hp in V600 form. 40 built, the last of the V8 Vantage line. All painted British Racing Green I believe. Built for the 40th anniversary of Aston Martin's only winning of LeMans in 1959 with the DBR1.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put it this way: I'd have no objection to owning any of these beasts, but if given the choice, I'd still pick the Vanquish. [Razz]

*sigh* reality checks are a bitch.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OR, you could always get on eBay and buy a deLorian...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take the Vanquish that was used in Die Another Day... one never knows when a machine gun or a rocket launcher can be handy in Los Angeles traffic.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DeLorien? Bah! Go for a Bricklin! [Cool]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, no flux capacitor. And it's not stainless steel. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One could go to Long Island and buy a Delorean, but why would one WANT too?
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps