Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I have a car (Page 10)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: I have a car
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful who you say that to...In some circles (mine for example) thats fighting talk. I'm seeing Bon Jovi live in October. I have bought �85.00 worth of designer underwear just in case the unimaginable happens and I find myself in his company..... [Razz]

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember that Bon Jovi had a cameo as a navy photographer in U-571, and a lot of the audience guffawed when a flying piece of wreckage decapitated him. Was this a bad time to tell that story?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The director got death threats for months apparently....No idea who they were from....

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUT HE WILL DIRECT TERMINATOR 3!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is never a bad time to tell that story. Unless I am drunk, in which case my opinion of Bon Jovi makes a Jeff-like dramatic about turn, and I love the man like a mother.

I have no idea who the Animals are. I'm hoping that they involve Animal from the Muppets, but I'm not holding out much hope.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've never heard the song "House of the Rising Sun", I suppose?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have, but only because it was a pre-programmed song selection on my Yamaha MegaKeyboard.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's pulling your vas deferens, TSN. The group comes from the UK, for quck's sake.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are these like those "Beatles" fellows?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He's pulling your vas deferens, TSN."

That explains why I felt a slight tugging down there. I thought it was just a puberty relapse...

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bon Jovi, Clare? Bon Jovi? Yikes.

And I thought he was alive at the end of U-571, and had a larger role than a cameo. But maybe it was my imagination.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean John Blow Me? He sucks.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He had a real role, I think he was master of arms or what the call it, he was next under Matthew Mackonoitagravy in command, I think. I thought he was real cool, short hair and everything.
I don't remember the flying hatch decapitated him, but he sure died from it, it was a point in the movie where all the people non-essential to ze plot would be removed, just like Captain "Game over man!" Hudson.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was very quick, as sub explosions that propel debris hard enough to decapitate people tend to move quickly. His death was originally longer but they shortened it for concerns about how violent it was. I didnt think he was an important character.. he was taking pictures, i'm pretty sure he was just the sub photog. i'll check.

siegfried, i apparently had that same keyboard. played house of the rising sun, yesterday, and venus. i was so surprised when much later i found out what the real versions of those songs sounded like. i prefer the midi-ized versions of a few of them.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Grokca:
You mean John Blow Me? He sucks.

Aha! Because his name is John Bob Jovi, but you have cleverly subverted it! It's as funny as "Titney Spears", or "N Stink"! I have died.

--------------------

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps