Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I have a car (Page 9)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   
Author Topic: I have a car
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gotten my car up to 116mph a couple of times, but no faster... that's got to be where the governer is set to....

On my way to Seattle though, I regularly go 100-105 mph..... it's a long straight stretch of road with no one around, so I don't worry about hurting anyone other than myself.......

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was driving a Focus. It can reach 172 kph. I sometimes drive that fast. It was a long, straight stretch of highway. I regularly drive fast. I regularly drive at 4:30 in the morning coming home from work, where there literally is no one around, other than the occaisonal big rig. I like to drive fast, no other way around it. And yes, I have heard everything in the world about this, so I don't really need to hear anything out of you bunch. Just take solace in the fact that I won't be driving for a while whether of the province's design or my parents's.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:

As for "I'm a Believer", the Monkies (or however the frell it's spelled) version is vastly inferior. I have them both.

Monkees. And I wasn't talking about that one. I meant the Vic & Bob/Emf version done in about 1994. Similar to the one used on Shrek, with the all important "boom boom boom oi!" bit, something that should be mandatory for every cover ever.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Springfield Armory Snay:
I was in a car once doing 110 mph on a 65 mph highway.

I wasn't driving, but we weren't breaking any laws.

I know you want someone to ask this, so I will. WHY weren't you breaking any laws?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because I was in a police cruiser running full lights and siren responding to an emergency call [Big Grin]

Remember?

PS: Thanks for asking.

PSS: A buddy of mine begins testing for Baltimore County this coming Saturday, with the phsyical and written test. Then he's just gotta get through the interview, polygraph, background investigation, AND the Academy!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Oh yes. You cried because you couldn't wear shorts.

Baby.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cried because all the poh-leece thought it would be fun to spray OC in my face.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain... Mike:
argue that the speed of light changed, and caused a relative distortion that only created the illusion you were speeding. you were going 35 mph

Y'know, that argument just might be plausible! [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant the Vic & Bob/Emf version done in about 1994. Similar to the one used on Shrek, with the all important "boom boom boom oi!" bit, something that should be mandatory for every cover ever.

Ahhhhh... I was WONDERING where the "boom boom boom OI!" was. I must find this version.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Springfield Armory Snay:
I cried because all the poh-leece thought it would be fun to spray OC in my face.

Hey yeah, that does sound kind of funny!

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few points...

1. I shower in the morning (or, when I get up, which is often te afternoon), not the evening. And I don't sing. Believe me, you don't want me to sing.

2. Is this Bon Jovi "It's My Life" any relation to the one by the Animals? If not, my mental image must change.

3. One is much more likely to find a regular Civic riced-out than a CRX. CRXs just aren't as common or modern. But, unfortunately, yes, CRXs do get riced out. Those bastards.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
A few points...

1. I shower in the morning (or, when I get up, which is often te afternoon), not the evening. And I don't sing. Believe me, you don't want me to sing.

The worst verson of the Hulk ever.

quote:
2. Is this Bon Jovi "It's My Life" any relation to the one by the Animals? If not, my mental image must change.
Who?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You don't know who Bon Jovi is?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That, or he doesn't know who the Animals are. Either way, he's woefully underinformed.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps, though if I could scour all knowledge of Bon Jovi from my brain I would be a happier person.
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps