Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » OMG OMG GO CALGARY GO OMG OMG!!!!!!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: OMG OMG GO CALGARY GO OMG OMG!!!!!!!!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am far too busy to proof-read my posts.

And shouldn't "soccer=riots" be put in the same comedy coffin as "Canadians say 'aboot'! The French surrender a lot!" And so on...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not while there's a videogame about it, no.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT'S what Grand Theft Auto lacked! A sports stadium where a team was playing and you could run in on the field and start harassing players and crowds!

There was a sports stadium, over in the Puerto Ricans' turf, but it wasn't accessible...

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I am far too busy to proof-read my posts.

And shouldn't "soccer=riots" be put in the same comedy coffin as "Canadians say 'aboot'! The French surrender a lot!" And so on...

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/soccer.shtml

Wanna bet?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They have the ball at midfield, controlled by Batty, passing to McManaman, running down the near sideline, centering pass to Sheringham, ahead to Shearer..."
That hasn't been updated in a while, I think.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an old match, but the same principle applies. Even now. Remember the following punchline:

English Soccer Hooligans (872 - 79%)
run rampant over
The French Army (236 - 21%)

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Saltah'na
Member # 33

One more Game. It could all end tonight.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot believe the luck!

For me, to be in Calgary on the night of this most tremendous event!

There is no going to bed at a reasonable hour these days! Car honking has become a soothing lullaby to rest my head to.

The only red sea even slighly comparable to the immensity of this one is Moses', but tonight will live on in our memories and history just the same.

It is too bad that WWE Smackdown won more ratings than the Stanley Cup Final, those Americans don't know what they're missing! Even though both teams are kind of boring and have little in the way of exciting, all-star players, it has been a treat to experience each and every single win and the immense crowd reaction from the city of Calgary, of which I am so proud.

We even have a corral of ladies showing their breasts and vaginas to passerby each and every Flame night here. The sweet smells of barbeques waft through my window and the drunken hollering has only just begun.

To this I say, go Calgary Flames, and go the city of Calgary. If the Flames win tonight, they will have done it not only on the skill of their game, but with the brazen imbicility of the flag-donned crowd. You had just as much to do with it as they did, and you should celebrate just the same!

Remember though, not to get too rowdy, you need to go back to your junior assistant to the assistanct vice accountant job on Monday, to spread the good word!

Page 1, Calgary Herald: "One More Win!"

Page 33, Calgary Herald: "Canadian Vets remembered on eve of D-Day Anniversary."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Sweden just beat Poland, good times indeed.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remind me to go live in seclusion on the north pole sometime around the next European Championship or any other international competition that stars our grand band of misfits.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Which sport are we talking about now?

No matter. We just one 6-1. Granted, it was against Iceland, who have a population of roughly 27 people, but we looked moderatly competant. Woo!

And surely Canada don't tend to play in the European Championships? I mean, it's not like it's hard to figure out the criteria for playing in it.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And surely Canada don't tend to play in the European Championships?"

Well, but, the conversation veered off into hockey for a moment there.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:

No matter. We just one 6-1. Granted, it was against Iceland, who have a population of roughly 27 people, but we looked moderatly competant. Woo!

With a name like Iceland, they have to be good! [Razz]

Personally, I am a bit saddened by the Red Wings...all I can do is shake my head in shame, so much potential. [Frown]

But then again, the whole 'state-team loyality' thing has something to do with that...speaking of which, tomorrow the Lakers are going to stomp all over the Pistons. That gets double [Frown] [Frown] .

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
With a name like Iceland, they have to be good! [Razz]

See, now, I was talking about football there. I thought that naming a country would have been enough of a clue.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...tomorrow the Lakers are going to stomp all over the Pistons."

Well, what kind of a name is "Pistons", anyway? They should be playing the Camshafts and the Automatic Transmissions.

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps