Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » OMG OMG GO CALGARY GO OMG OMG!!!!!!!! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: OMG OMG GO CALGARY GO OMG OMG!!!!!!!!
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts exactly about "Red Wings"...and not the boots.

And really..."Lakers", if any team should be called that...it should be the one from the state surrounded on 3 sides by 'em, certainly not L.A.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Which sport are we talking about now?"

Well, I, like Nim, was talking about soccer. Hence my mention of the European Championship. You are slow.

And when have sports team names ever been 1) not shit and 2) geographically representative?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM was talking about hockey in the post before, which is where half of my confusion came from. The other half came from you saying "Remind me to go live in seclusion on the north pole sometime around the next European Championship or any other international competition that stars our grand band of misfits". And, as far as I am aware, Canada don't even play in the soccer European championships. Not being in Europe and all. So I wondered if maybe they were in the hockey European championships, for some strange reason.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
World Cup 2004: Go Sweden!
Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, UM was talking about hockey. Nim, however, was talking about soccer. Therefore, I, not being Canadian, was also talking about soccer. Not hockey. Which should have been apparent from my coyly mentioning this European Championship crazyness that is currently sweeping across Europe and consuming everything in its path like that Galactus spaceship dude from Silver Surfer. Except it wasn't. Mea culpa.

HAS YOUR CONFUSION BEEN RESOLVED NOW?

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure you used to be Canadian.

But if you're American, I am still confused and frightened. Unless you've decided to support Sweden, which would just be bizaire.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
Member # 256

Oh, Christ...

"I'm sure you used to be Canadian."

Erh, I was? When?

And I'm not supporting those Swedish turnips. I was only commenting on the fact that, whenever there is a soccer competition and our national team is actually in it, like the 2004 EC, everyone and their grandmother here goes mad. Everyone. And my loud obnoxious nextdoor neighbour with them. Grr.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I heard, Cartman hailed from Dutchland. But no-one seems to know that, so maybe it's changed.
Cartman
Member # 256

I am not at liberty to reveal my nationality.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am. I'm Canadian, Calgarian, and damn sure gonna be chewing my nails for tonight's game.

-

And THESE are the websites I enjoy the Flames with:

www.calgaryflames.com [club website]
www.theredmile.ca [pics of Flames party central, aka 17th Ave South]
www.flamesgirls.com [flasher pics of the Red Mile - adult content]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartwheel: "I am not at liberty to reveal my nationality."

It's not like we're holding a nip to your head.
But that day will come, you don't engage in defamation of Sweden's proud Footynips and expect to get away scot-free. *polishes pristine ladle*

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I hope Tampa Bay wins.)

(Also, I do not cheer for Team Canada.)

(Because I hate Canadians.)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HAVE NEVER TRUSTED CANADIANS.. AND I NEVER WILL.. I CAN NEVER FORGIVE THEM.. FOR THE DEATH OF MY BOY.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Member # 239

OH NO! THEY KILLED SOMEONE! PROBABLY WITH THEIR POWERS WHICH COME WITH BEING "DUMB BAGS OF SHIT."
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY! We're not dumb. As bags of shit go, we're pretty damned smart.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps