Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » OMG OMG GO CALGARY GO OMG OMG!!!!!!!! (Page 8)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: OMG OMG GO CALGARY GO OMG OMG!!!!!!!!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
England-Croatia is the last set match for you, as Sweden-Denmark is for us.
The quarter-finals will only go on to play out groups A versus B and C versus D, so as Lee pointed out, we could only possibly meet in the semi-finals. I'm rooting for you in group B and the first semifinal, naturally.

Psyliam:
 -

You can see Buffon, Italy's goalie, being pushed aside, on the right, and Zlatan using this chink to heel it in.
That's not seeing an opening and taking it, that's creating it. I've never seen anything like it.

If you can find a video clip of the whole bloody dream sequence, check it out.
I haven't found a clip yet that is downloadable, only streaming realplayer-shit.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KLACKRENT, ZLATAN
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Nim
Member # 205

Click this link, scroll down the page to the Italy-Sweden video clip (this spot) and watch a 30-sec summary of the game, ending with Zlatan's goal.

Thats the only website in Europe that offers streaming video summaries of all current championship games, and it is free.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the Swedish I know, I learned from watching the Swedish Chef. The hell does "klackrent" mean?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazingly, Portugal go from potentially not going through to the quarter-finals, to winning the group. And Spain are out! That's just hilarious. Eurpoean football is basically run by the Spanish, Italians, Germans and French - and all four could potentially fail to get past the group stage. I can dream, but as it is this time tomorrow I'll likely be eating my words if England fail to get through.

And all of a sudden the Russians develop an ability to play! What will have happened is, their previous two outings will have dropped their odds against Greece right down and the Mafia will make a lot of money by betting on something with very low odds, namely the chance of their team beating Greece. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
Member # 205

Edit: Odds? What were the odds that we would post at the same time???

TSN: It's a wordplay on "klock(-)ren", which means, approximately, "clean as a bell". Like when you hit the middle of the dartboard or throw a basketball that only touches net, that's a nice clean hit, a "klockren" hit.
Zlatan heeled the ball in, so it is "klackren". "Klack" is our word for shoeheel, from french "claque", of imitative origin (klick-klack).

Check the videoclip I linked to and you'll know why everyone makes a fuss of the heel, it shouldn't even be possible, what with a 6-foot-4 italian goalie in Zlatan's way, being gently bumped to the side.
Also, in the goal-cam, notice the other italian (no.9) that tries to head-butt the critical ball out of its course, but has to abort or he'll hit the goal frame. Not their finest hour, no.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CLEAN AS A SHOE BELL ZLLATAN!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've watched it. That was a hell of a lucky shot.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GO PISTONS!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

Indeed it was, one might even say one in a million.
That's why it's so cool. Straight-shooting penalty kicks are boring, this was totally out of the blue, we weren't even sure it had gotten in before we saw people hopping around and screaming happily on the field, truly a telltale sign that something important has happened.

Alexander Magnus: zlatan is as zlatan does. You aren't the zlatan-material.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll decide what I am, myself.
Nim
Member # 205

You task me?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smug grin*

Well, that was fun. Sure, England tried to give me a heart attack on several occassions, but overall, quite good.

Surely all the other teams in the competition are shitting themselves over the prospect of facing Rooney now? 4 goals in 3 games? And he's only 18? Eat that.

Pity Henry's finally found his scoring boots. For a few brief moments, France were heading out of the competition at the end of the group stages. For the world #2s to do that two tournaments would have been brilliant.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's still Italy and Germany to crash and burn. Granted Germany has yet to assemble another team of the calibre of 1990, but we still like to see them fail. Italy, who aren't so much a team as a bunch of prima donnas running in the same direction, will probably do their usual 90 minutes of poncing about with the few seconds of luck needed to win.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps