Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I've got gas this morning! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: I've got gas this morning!
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over $4 now in most of Colorado. Usually more in the smaller mountain towns. I'm sure it don't help that extra charges get added for delivery and what not. I've heard companies added extra shit on top of the value of gas bring up the prices.

As much as I'm against big government, and the government getting involved in private companies I wish they would step in. I know I already stated that I think the government should start regulating gas prices to prevent oil companies and gas stations from ass raping the regular people. Then again, that would mean the government cared about the middle and lower class America and not just the rich. Then again, in my opinion oil companies financially backed half (if not all) of congress, senators, representatives, etc... office so I don't expect the government to act against their string pullers.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly, I'm not sure there's much the government can do. Would they raise taxes on the oil companies? Then the companies will just charge more to make up for it. And I don't think they could get away with making a law that says "you can't sell gasoline for more than x dollars".

Basically, they should have been funding R&D on new fuel technologies for years. That's about the only thing they can do about it.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But why would they do that when the Vice President of the US has $32 million of Big Oil money in his pocket and the President's family is big into it too and so are their buddies the Saudis and the lobbyists for Big Oil must grease the political machine with so much money it's running just the fuck for them.

Can anybody tell how much I dislike unabashed capitalism?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear that the saudi oil minister has decided to increase production by 200,000 barrels per day. He said that it was so that people don't buy less because of increased prices and lower supply. Like that will work.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gas has dropped a bit in my area! It has dropped by 14 cents. It is now 4.19 a gallon. How much is it in Canada on average now?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dropped $0.10 last week. Now at $1.289/L.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was gonna say "What's that in USD?" but then I remembered a CAD these days is like, what, 99 US cents?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've just dropped the price at some supermarkets here. Morrison's is now down to £1.14 a litre.

Which is about $8.69 per gallon.

And this is down 4 pence from last week. I need to buy a diesel.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are those US liquid gallons or UK Imperial gallons?

And diesel over here is about a dollar more expensive than regular unleaded.

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
They've just dropped the price at some supermarkets here. Morrison's is now down to £1.14 a litre.

Which is about $8.69 per gallon.

Wow, the dollar sure had dropped quite a bit.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Yeah, it has. Exchange rate is is 0.50258USD/GBP, 0.63601USD/EUR, and 1.02037USD/CAD.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Talk about our economy being in the shit...any chance of us switching to the Euro? When it reaches 40 Yen per dollar, I'm moving to France.

--------------------

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do that. And I'll stay right here where freedom reigns free and just munch on my Freedom Fries until I die

[Razz]

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

THey have freedom in France too...also, a killer public transportation system, like the Paris Metro. Not to mention escargo, and Croque Monsieurs.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I'm not sure, but I think Shikaru was joking ;P
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps