Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Shot across the bows (Page 9)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Shot across the bows
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well fine then. *royally pissed off now* See what you've done? :-P

------------------
"Shoes, yes. Definitely. Shoes."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologise in advance for this.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Ou tou kratountos h� polis nomizetai" - Creon

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*can't help but laugh at that* Priceless.... simply priceless...... :-D

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting, this thread went from heated discussion, to heated discussion about the name Chuck. Hmm.

------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. Alright, give me the bomb" -Ultra Magnus, Fight or Flee

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU DIE, FRANK. *L*

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*saves image to hard disk*

I've got a suggestion for the government of the Forums. If Charles wanted to take a less active role, so as to have more free time (not that he actually does anything around here anyway ), he could just sit back, take care of really high-level things (pay for the stinkin' thing, make periodic backups if feasable, etc.) and take it easy, create a couple new admins to take up the slack, and let them run the site democratically (subject to his overriding veto, of course). Maybe come up with some sort of password system where to make any major change (like banning someone), some majority has to enter their personal (rotating?) passwords. That way we wouldn't have these problems. Just an idea.

Oh, and he'd have more time to work on UP3.

------------------
Mephistopheles's Repossessions and Furnace Works
C/O
Mephistopheles, Cain, Brutus, Medici, Torquemada, Richelieu,
Metternich, Tweed, Rasputin & Daley, Attorneys-at-Law
1 Perdition-on-the-Styx Plaza
Dis, The Nether Regions

"A Hell of a Law Firm"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to the CC directory of Frank's site, and I couldn't help but notice the abundance of..uh..sheep. Hmm.

And I think a democratic-esque government could/would be a good idea, if implimented correcntly.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it's more of an oligarchy, but as long as it's well-run, who cares? The forums at The Straight Dope don't allow the users to dictate terms, and they're doing fine. Of course, the administrators maintain a strictly professional demeanor, and when (if -- I've never seen it) they lock a thread or ban someone, they do not pass comments about it along to the community. Period.

--Baloo

------------------
You can't seriously want to ban alcohol. It tastes great, makes women appear more attractive, and makes a person virtually invulnerable to criticism.
--Mayor Quimby
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

The Moderator Council (the unofficial democratic body of the forums) is being called back into active duty when Flare2 opens.

------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And when is that?

------------------
"We exist in a boundless time continuum. There is no weekend!"

- Zorak, "Hungry," Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

When It's Done.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And when is that?

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

When It's Done, of course!

------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps