Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Shot across the bows (Page 2)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Shot across the bows
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there was also that "lucky" post which was removed because it was in bad taste.

Oh...and the famous "firestorming" of the forums where we were before the TNO forums.

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the post was removed, at least.

The problem with the firestorm that CC seemed to blame Adam for it. Luckily that was probably his last poor decision, and it was corrected, somewhat.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Ou tou kratountos h� polis nomizetai" - Creon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Seemed to balme Adam for"? I doubt Adam would say that it quite like that.
Oh, and "Somewhat"? Well, was it corrected or wasn't it?

------------------
*gasp* "The pictures...they're...coming...alive!"
-Abe Simpson, on the miracle of the moving image

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited December 08, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did he ever explicitly blame Adam? I'm talking about the B5 quotation in the post.

Well, CC did confirm what he did. But, again, this was before the time period I am referring to.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"...sorry CC.
As much as I respect CC, you have to admit that he isn't an angel when it comes to taking advantage of the rules and his position.

Granted we all are only human, and I don't know all the facts...if any about this latest incident (latest of many)....
but it is hypocritical for him to come down so hard on those two.

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Why? CC is trying to protect the interests of the board.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Mucus
Member # 24

The interests of the board...in his opinion.
You know what? I check this forums like....oh once a day, more if something interesting is going on.

You know what? The first time I heard about a problem was when I heard about the suspensions.

Granted this isn't a democracy, but one wonders why the sudden clampdown. This is a "discussion forums" for crying out loud.

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank, Frank.How the scavengers roam when someone has fallen huh? As I recall Lee is still a person and a friend. If his opinions are not the same as yours fair enough. But leave whatever problems he has with CC between the pair of them.

Sometimes you really go overboard.

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Field Marshal Military Project
http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think we should know. This isn't the first time someone's been told to piss off without any of the rest of us getting a satifactory explanation. I think that we should be told what Lee actually did. And not something vague like "he said some naughty words to people too afraid to speak using their mouths". Tell us explicitly what he did. Publically, or the moderators. With proof if at all possible.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Mucus: Well, take a look at many of Lee's posts when he closes or moves a thread. This problem has been around for a while.

And it's not like an innocent poster was removed. Lee just wasn't acting in the forum's best interest as an admin.

Daryus: What are you talking about?

Liam: Lee has been cruel to people we know, like Lance and Boris, among others, and told people not to do their UP 3 work.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited December 08, 1999).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you know. With all the digging I have done, there seems to be no hard evidence, except the word of certain characters. That may change, though nobody is being overly forthcoming.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

No evidence? Look what he said to Boris. And then he deleted Boris's posts when he politely complained.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

*gasp*. I can honestly say that I had no idea that Lee was so cruel. I can understand Boris' plight. Do you think we should pay for councelling to help him overcome his trauma?

Still, I have now changed my mind. Lee Kelly is a spawn of Satan, as well as a complete bastard, and must be made to pay.

------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

I've seen it. And I'm not referring to that Frank.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Okay, what are you referring to?

------------------
Frank's Home Page

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps