Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Shot across the bows (Page 1)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Shot across the bows
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*boom*
*splash!*

That was at you Charles.
Don't get into a flap, I'm not declaring a civil war or being anything but calm and rational. I just wish to exercise my democratic right to speak briefly on recent events at Flare.

I know the truth about what's been going on and I am very disappointed. I have thought long and hard about whether or not to quit the forums in protest, but have decided to remain provisionally.

Just to cover my ass so I don't get banned, I do not wish anyone to start kicking any sleeping dogs - in this thread or elsewhere - because of this post. I doubt it would accomplish anything but provide excuses for more suspensions. I merely had to comment and, as I say, fire a shot across some rather egocentric bows.

That is all.

------------------
"I cannot live out that life.
That man is bereft of passion... and imagination!
That is not who I am!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fires another shot!!
------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited December 08, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO, CC has done an excellent job of running SolarFlare/Flare since it began, and I'm confident his decisions are the right ones.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Ou tou kratountos h� polis nomizetai" - Creon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why must EVERYTHING fall apart at the same time? WHY?

*holds head in hands* I hope we get this over with... and soon.....

~LOA

------------------
"...my body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Men Suck. Except Ben & Jerry.... *smile*

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Steps boldly out onto the bridge, puffs out chest dramatically*

#Rikerspeak#

"What the Hell is going on?"

#End Rikerspeak#

Naah, forget it, don't tell me. I think I'd rather remain in the dark.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz seems scary today. Or at least "ham-actor"-ish...

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited December 08, 1999).]

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary? Sorry... that isn't scary... scary is yet to come......

They drew blood today... that's scary... I was afraid the needles were going to be electricly charged, but they weren't... that's good...

But no... scary is yet to come... sorry if I'm scaring you... not my intentions... just seems to be a sudden talent of mine.......

------------------
"...my body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Men Suck. Except Ben & Jerry.... *smile*

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Mongomery 100% BTW. I am not happy with what's happened.
Oh, and Frank; could you please climb out of CC's arse? I'm sure it's clean enough after all the licking you've done in there.

------------------
*gasp* "The pictures...they're...coming...alive!"
-Abe Simpson, on the miracle of the moving image

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I spent all those months criticising CC because I felt things could go a lot better around here. Now they are, IMO. Read my signature.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read Fraks first post, then the second, then the first again, then the second. Head is now spinning!!

------------------
Gandalf

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Er, why? CC has been doing a good job in the past few months, and he has my support.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't need to start saying dirogatory things about one another. I may not have been around as long as the rest of you but I must say this is ridiculous. I don't know the whole story behind what CC did but from what I do know he did the right thing. So lets all just take a chill pill and take a few steps back.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

quote:
IMHO, CC has done an excellent job of running Solarflare/Flare since it began, and I am confident his decisions are the right ones.

quote:
You know, I spent all those months criticising CC because I felt things could go better around here. Now they are, IMO.

So has he been doing an excellent job since it began, or is he only now doing a great job?

------------------
Gandalf

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Since SolarFlare began in March 1999. Unless I'm forgetting something.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To my knowledge, the only bad event that has happened in the past three months is Lee's suspension from his duties as admin..... And he had reason to do it too......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps