Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Shot across the bows (Page 3)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Shot across the bows
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly in regrads to what he said to Boris. It's not something I would cry over. Boris is a big boy, who I am sure does not need help to express himself.

These things that Lee supposedly said at the chat. For anyone to believe that it is a cohcer you need the entire Chat log so all comments can be seen in context. It's far too easy to twist facts. Secondly these horrible emails that Lee sent out. I'd like to see those too. If you have the above information, email it to me at [email protected] send a copy to CC as well.

I'm sure it will make interesting reading. But without the hard evidence Frank, its hard to take one persons word over another.

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Field Marshal Military Project
http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. It's one of the easiest things in the world to do, to tape someone speaking, then take a small section and use that as proof that the person supports baby-sandwiches or something.

Let's see the proof. All of it, not just small things. And if all you're basing this on is Leesaying something amusing that even a 6 year-old would brush off, then your case is laughable at best, and the biggest loadof crap since OJ's defense at worst.

------------------
*gasp* "The pictures...they're...coming...alive!"
-Abe Simpson, on the miracle of the moving image

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter; Lee is being mean and it is not a way for an admin to operate.

I only saved this section of the chat, and Elim and Fabrux can confirm it. It follows a conversation where Fabrux asks about when UP3 info should be completed.

The_1st_On: But in fact I wouldn't bother, to be honest. UP3 is dead.
The_Shadow: Wha?
Fabrux: It's dead before it even got finished?
The_1st_On: Well, let's face it, it is.
The_1st_On: It's going nowhere.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Ou tou kratountos h� polis nomizetai" - Creon

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited December 08, 1999).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow, three lines. Conclusive prrof if I ever saw it. And I have to say, convenience of the first order that you only managed to save that part of it.

So basically, Lee's total crimes include:

He once took pot, and was declared the scum of the earth, directly responsible for the holocaust.

He doesn't handle people people with kid golves. people who are apparently old enough to tell us the exact intermix formula on a galaxy-class starship, but who can't handle hearing the word "crap".

Oh, and his worst crime. He expressed an opinion. Burn him at the stake.

------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank, what matters is proof. That on it's own is an opinion. You may disagree with what he said, but until we see what drove Lee to make those comments it's irrelevant. So I ask you, where's the proof?

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, Krenim can confirm that chat segment too.

Liam: There is a major difference between expressing an opinion and expressing an opinion as a person in authority.

Daryus: If you think that insulting forum members and sabotaging a project isn't proof of his ability to lead, I don't know what to say.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited December 08, 1999).]

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

You have a very twisted perception of facts old fellow. Tell me, are you measuring up for a new uniform?

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Dunno, do you keep your admin position just for your own personal use?

------------------
Frank's Home Page

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

So people in authority aren't allowed to have opinions? Ah, that explains politics then...

And how exactly do those 3 lines you've shown us constitute "sabotage"? Unless they all contain sumbliminal messages telling you to attack Charles' hard drive and burn his house down.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

The opinions of people in authority carry far more weight than others, which can be abused.

Lee, a person in authority, is telling people not to work on the project. That's sabotage.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

There's your problem daryus: you're not visible enough. Perhaps if you told people off for doing bad stuff, then you too could get fired. Again.

I'm afraid to go to bed now, just to see what other crap is spewn forth from here. Oh well.

------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What if we threw a war and noone came?"

I wish someone'd tell me when a thread like this starts up here. I don't read the Flameboard often.

Ok, first things first, I've made some really STUPID mistakes in the past. You all know what they are, and I know that your trust in me was prolly given a good kick in the head when you found out.

Second, Frank, stop sucking up. The admin positions are filled, give it up!

Third, the thing with Lee. Well, as was pointed out above, he attacked Boris, then removed Boris' posts attacking back. That was the last of a long string of completely unacceptable behavior. In short, Lee was taking out the anger and fusteration generated IRL on the Forumites. Among other things, he's apparently sent out nasty letters concerning spams and deleted posts. (I've gotten third party confirmation of both). He's also been giving everyone a REALLY hard time lately. I originally suspended him to get him to get the hell offline and fix his life.

Well, that worked too well, and he asked Daryus to blow away his profile. Unfortunately Daryus didn't know the cpanel was still screwed up when he deleted the profile, which resulted in some nasty profile corruption for fifty others.

I thought that Daryus DID know that the cpanel was screwed up, and thought his act may have been malicious. I suspended him, hoping to avoid any potential situation later. That was a mistake, I should have waited until I could talk to him.

I'll take this oportunity to sincerely apologize for jumping the gun on that one.

Ok, I think that covers it - questions? *L*

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*snorts*

Been here, done this...

I think it's been proven time and time again that CC is as bad as anyone else here. Yet, when someone in power screws up, around here, they're forced to walk the plank. When CC screws up, absolutely nothing happens... Interesting.

Must be nice to be above the law.

------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

SapphireEclipse Productions
http://sapphireeclipse.virtualave.net/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

"Second, Frank, stop sucking up. The admin positions are filled, give it up!"

CC, I expect this from Daryus, but certainly not you. As I said, I didn't spend all that time criticising you because I was bored. Simply put, I felt you could spend a bit more time considering how your decisions would impact the forums. Whenever this was apparent, I said so, hoping that every time you screamed "stop %$@&ing bothering me" you were still considering at least some of what I was saying.

These days people are rarely banned and posts are rarely deleted - it shows that posters are not considered annoyances but the primary component of the forums. Lee was removed because he didn't understand this, and because he didn't consider the effect on the people he was insulting or attacking. This, above all, indicates that the poor practices of the pre-SolarFlare/Flare boards will not be tolerated. This was my goal, and from what I've seen, it's been achieved.

The following are quotations from former administrators of the board (and not Lee). They represent a time when paranoia and disdain were rampant. I cannot imagine anything like this being said today, which I think represents the greatest improvement on the forums.

"I never invited people to be on the same level as me, and I never let anything escape my attention. People have to earn my respect - and that can take time."

"People come to both to talk to others, and some of those people are just out to cause trouble. Others simply screw something up."

All the time I see UBBs where threads are locked or removed and people banned without explanation or good reason. Hopefully Flare will serve as an excellent example of what they should be doing instead, or at least will once situations like this are resolved.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

*Shakes head*. Yes, thankyou for sharing your visions, goals and beliefs. You're the man

------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps