Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Time to bow out... (Page 11)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Time to bow out...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At this point, I feel I should mention my deep love of cheese.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Rochfort ... isn't that a smelly kind of cheese?" - Porthos, "The Three Musketeers"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since we're all off topic, I'd to share with you something I find so humorous!

"I can't believe that the people of Florida want to see the expression of their will taken away by politicians," Gore told CNN.

Can't believe it? It certainly didn't stop you, Gore, did it?!

LOLOL

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If he wins or loses, life goes on. I will do anything to win." - Al Gore, Newsweek, 1999

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, Cheese.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can only explode when I bother to read something. This thread activates my internal self-defense mechanisms, though, causing the fluid in my eyes to ignite and boil away, thus saving my life. It hurts, but it's a good hurt.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, there's an article in the Wall Street Journal that briefly mentions that Gore campaign staffers are now hard at work 'obtaining information' on Republican Electors, so that an effort might be made, since electors don't HAVE to vote for their candidate even though they're supposed to, to 'persuade' them to vote for Gore instead.

*Insert "Godfather" theme here*

'Hey, Al! You heard about McKennitt?'
'The Bush elector? What about 'er?'
'Apparently, she's a lezbo!'
'Really? Well, ah, tell 'er if she don't vote Gore, maybe we'll have to come OUT wit dat, if youse knows what I mean...'

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I can't believe that the people of Florida want to see the expression of their will taken away by politicians," Gore told CNN.

On the other side of the fence, he may be referring to the people who wanted to vote for Gore, but didn't.

Still, the statement is kinda ironic. After all, he doesn't have any proof of the whole thing.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go Netrek! Go Netrek! Go Netrek!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry. Did someone say "Cleese"?

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At this time, I am compelled to point out that the US Supreme Court has just ruled. They agree with my position, in that they see no constitutional or statutory authority that supports the Florida Supreme Court's decision to rewrite the law. They are therefore asking for an explaination from said Florida court.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm very happy for you.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JK: You play Netrek?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I used to, in High School ... only thing to do in the MacLab =)

God, I loved that game ...

Especially cloaked starbases on self destruct. Muwahahahaha! Eventually, me and the guys I played with all decided to "ban" those, because, well ... they were sneaky ... but oh so fun ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Props to the Supreme Court. Such is our system.

Say, did anyone esle listen to the arguments before the Court? Great stuff.

It seems that the Supreme Court feels that USC section 5 trumps the Florida Court decision.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 05, 2000).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny. My understanding was that they decided that they couldn't figure out what was the legal basis for the ruling, not that they found a law overriding said basis. Thus they sent it back to ask for more info on the basis. There wasn't even enough info there to make a ruling on.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps