Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Wondering... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Wondering...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush is an idiot. My mom voted for him, and even she says so. 'Course, her rationale is that having a moron president who's surrounded by people who know what they're doing is better than having someone who knows what he's doing, but lies constantly. Personally, though, I think it just has more to do w/ the fact that Bush was the Republican candidate, and my parents still cling to the ignorant notion of "party politics".

------------------
"Yahweh likes to meddle in the affairs of us, as it makes him feel powerful, and he forgets the many years of torment he endured at Supreme Being Secondary School. Many a day would 'Thor - God of Thunder' & 'Mars - God of War' steal Yahweh's lunch money and hang him up by his breeches, all the while belittling Yahweh by insulting his very odd, and non-imposing God name, usually by adding a valley girl accent, and having it come out as 'yeah! way!'."
-Ultra Magnus, 15-Dec-2000

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, that's so funny I nearly choked when I read it. And yes, I do wish Omega-san would answer my question.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Okay, i'm over it now.

Quatre

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim:

"Bush is an idiot."

For the, what is it now, third time this thread: what is your basis for that conclusion? You just keep repeating what you've said before, with no explaination. So ask yourself: why can't you give your explaination?

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I for one am glad to see that some people believe that Bush is the intellectual best that the Republicans have...why else would they nominate him to be their president.

I, for one, can't wait to read the position papers written in Duhbya's own scrawl.

I don't think that I ever siad that Duhbya was stupid. Well, maybe I did. However I will say this...I think Duhbya is unintelligent, un-intellectual, often unintelligible, and not much smarter that either the fellow who works at the car wash or the average tree stump.

Other than the finely coached presiedent-Elect, eyes and ears are what I base my opinion on and the continued wait for something wholly written by himself (God bless Karen Hughes and all) that would make me take notice.

Fine traits in your average Joe and maybe even in the person of the Governor of Texas. Nevertheless, I believe all of which makes him poor presidential material in my humble opinion.

What sort of thing does Little Duhbya like to read? Does he read much? Is he an avid reader and student of the presidency like Clinton? does he like to just sit and think or does that far away "deer in the headlights" look mean he's just thinking about a really great crap he has on deck. Let's look for some of the answers to those sorts of questions.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, here's the thing ... when Jay posted that pic of the "Clinton Memorial", even we Dems laughed at it.

Yet, all Omega can do is cry foul when Bush's speech is posted ... a speech taking many statements that he has, in fact made (putting food on your family one of the funniest). What, no sense of humor?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Come the millennium, month 12,
In the home of greatest power,
The village idiot will come forth
To be acclaimed the leader

--Nostradamus, 1555
"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet." - George W. Bush, 24 Oct 2000

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So in other words, you base your opinion on absolutely nothing. That's about what I thought.

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega,

I'll answer your question (which I haven't done yet) when you answer Daryus' question. Get to it and stop delaying.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Come the millennium, month 12,
In the home of greatest power,
The village idiot will come forth
To be acclaimed the leader
--Nostradamus, 1555
"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." - George W. Bush

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: We could give you any number of reasons why Bush is a dipshit, and you'd reply to every one of them w/ "That doesn't make him an idiot.", "[Some other politician] did the same thing.", or just another "Why?". So, why should we even bother? Kindly remove your lips from Bush's ass (assuming they haven't, after so long, actually melded together w/ it), and look at him from some other perspective.

------------------
8164 7644 8724 6991+360 8164 8724 6541 8164 7239

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to post someting similar, except using a more vulgar kissing-up reference. Perhaps using a member of the male anatomy, or radiactive sea monkeys wearing turbans and singing that song that Tiffany sang in the mall. Or both.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Omega
Member # 91

You know, actual facts don't change with your perspective. Only your interpretation of them. Now if you can tell me exactly what facts you're looking at that, in your interpretation, point to Bush being unintelligent, then I can analyze the merit of your point of view. As it is, I can't even do that, and therefore can see basis for your subscription to it.

I can't see what you see if you don't tell me what you're looking at.

------------------
-Thomas Jefferson

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, whenever Omega asks people to provide even the most basic evidence or arguments for various issues, it seems like it's refused far too frequently...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Performing this operation on replicated CDs results in blue sparks that dance along the CD, leaving fractal-ish patterns etched into the reflective aluminum. For those of you not with the program, this also renders the CD unreadable." - CD-R FAQ

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, who here thinks Bush is the cream of the Conservative intellectual crop?? Anyone?

Assume with me for a sec that there may be such a thing as a intellectual conservative though.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Member # 91

Changing the subject isn't going to work, Jay.

No one ever said he was the "cream of the Conservative intellectual crop." That'd be me and Rob. I'll admit he's not some sort of uber-genius, but he's still smarter than your average bear, and he's certainly not dumb like you guys think (I still don't have a reason for that, BTW). Most people would simply flinch when they saw the US budget and the size of the numbers involved. He actually looked at it, figured in a ten year surplus, and fixed the long-term social security problem.

Anyone else here think they could do that, on top of being the governor of a relatively huge state, and running a successful campaign?

And back on subject, why do you guys believe Bush to be unintelligent? Upon what facts do you base that conclusion?

------------------
-Thomas Jefferson

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

"Changing the subject isn't going to work, Jay."

My subject is my subject...read my posts and you will see that they have an odd quality of linking together. Dude, this thread isn't about you. You seem to have this compulsive need to insert yourself into everything. If you can't keep all your personal arguments straight, well....

Advise...get over yourself.

quote:
and he's certainly not dumb like you guys think (I still don't have a reason for that, BTW).

And thanks for telling me what I think. Whew, I almost forgot what I thought for a moment.

In case, BTW, you missed it...

quote:
I think Duhbya is unintelligent, un-intellectual, often unintelligible, and not much smarter that either the fellow who works at the car wash or the average tree stump.

Nothing you have said shows me anyting different. *shrug* But you keep at it Sparky.

"He actually looked at it, figured in a ten year surplus, and fixed the long-term social security problem."

Do you have any substantive proof that it was he, and he alone that made all that stuff up? What was his role in the formation?

As for being governor of Texas, ooooo, I'm all a twitter about that. Line em up, stick the needle in and move on to the next one.

The original post of this thread was something I thought to myself at work...admittly anti-Duhbya humor...but I thought it funny. If you didn't Omega, BFD, but just for the record, it was you who brought up this Bush is a Dumbass line of thought. Congragulations of master of the meme.
------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 22, 2000).]

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps