Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Wondering... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Wondering...
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's just saying that cause I like his writing.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yes JK, I am right sexy.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim:

"Okay, why do I think Bush is an idiot? Listen to him talk for about five minutes. How can anyone not think he's an idiot?"

So you don't base it on empirical evidence, instead on your own subjective opinion of his speaking technique? Interesting way of judging intelligence, but I think I'll stick to judging his ideas.

Jay:

"I can only base my feelings on Bush on what he says and what he does."

If this is the case, then why will you not list the things Bush says and does that make you feel him to be unintelligent?

JK:

As for you, I said I'd answer your question when you told me exactly what question you want answered. All you've done is say, "Oh, I think you know," or words to that effect.

And once I answer your question, will you answer the nine or so you haven't answered from that same thread?

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

quote:
If this is the case, then why will you not list the things Bush says and does that make you feel him to be unintelligent?

Oh, it's not like we've been down to road before. But just be be short and sweet, I watched the debates and I've watched speaches that he given. When well coached he's marginal, when not he's horrible.

And I'm not talking just about the gammer fuck-ups either...although I still want my president to be able to form complete sentences and have correct word usage, that's kind of neat.

Now, if you want me to go and find all the interviews and speaches I saw on CSPAN or CNN of Bush during the campaign, well, you are going to have to wait till I get press credentials or you can make a trip to the National Archives to the find the video. Till then, your SOL.

Goodness, I don't even know that I want to listen to the NPR archives to fill the void in your life for you.

The rest of what I wrote was well neglected Omgea. Keep sticking to those talking points. Props.

Merry Chrible to all and to all a prosperous time of day after the sun has gone below your local horizon.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 23, 2000).]

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still waiting for things that make Bush unintelligent.

Speaking technique and intelligence level aren't generally considered to be related, in case you weren't aware of that.

Personally, I consider it a sign of low intelligence when someone can't answer a simple question, but, hey! That's just my opinion.

And yes, I ignored the majority of your post, because it was an irrelevant rant.

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega,

Jay answered your question. It's not his fault you can't recognize the answer to an objective question. It's not a "yes" or "no", you might be aware. If you don't like his reasonings, that's too bad. Jay said why he doesn't find "Dubya" particularly intelligent. Deal with it.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." - George W. Bush

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd imagine though, if one were to use solely verbal evidence to provide for the 'Bush = Dumb' argument, one could come up with just as many, if not more, 'Bush = SMRT' points.

He's made a few retarded sentences, yes. But considering he's publicly spoken for many hours, ten sentences doesn't amount to a whole lot.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited December 24, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading this thread, I've boiled it down to this:

Forumer 1: I think Bush is an idiot.
Forumer 2: What basis do you have to believe that?
Forumer 1: I don't have to tell you, its my opinion!
Forumer 2: I'm confused... What basis do you have to believe that?

etc. etc.

In fact, I've seen most discussions end up this way, especially in threads where Omega is involved. I'm beginning to see a trend. I'm beginning to think you guys enjoy arguing if only to read your own text.

------------------
Greg: You bought me a urinal cookie?
Mike: Not just any ordinary urinal cookie! It has the AOL logo embossed on it!
-www.userfriendly.org, 12-08-00

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

I said it's a matter of what I've seen and heard. I pointed to the debates which are easily accesable even to you. As to the rest of what I've seen and heard... *shrug*...it's not my fault you seem to limit yourself to Newsmax for your information.

There is a big wide world out there and I've seen quite a bit of it and have formed opinions of it while watching. If you want to see the things that I've used to form my opinions about, again I point you to the CSPAN, CNN and NPR archives. You can go watch and learn.

And, I am stating an opinion on all those things I've watched and heard. I'm not writing a master's thesis and I'm not going to footnote my opinion. Esp not for someone who seems to think that Bush wrote the Budget all by himself (that's a rather pityful way to think).

So, off with you now...fly like a little fairy and listen to CSPAN and NPR. Go, listen and learn.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

JR, that's pretty good. Too bad you snuck in while I was posting

• http://www.cspan.org
  • http://www.npr.org

Go, listen...there are just hours and hours of stuff for you to have a ball watching and listening too.

Now, were I writing a paper about Bush and his inate lack of much on top, well I would have sat there and footnoted each fuck-up and each time he was clueless about any given policy. But the evidence is all there for you to go watch and learn about too.

Fly now with the other faries of the night and learn.

{QUOTE]Most people would simply flinch when they saw the US budget and the size of the numbers involved. He actually looked at it, figured in a ten year surplus, and fixed the long-term social security problem.[/QUOTE]

Although, when I do finally write a paper about Bush, I'll be sure to use that as definitive proof that he in fact did write the budgetary solution all by himself. Now was that on the kitchen table of the ranch house at 3am over bowl of Trix or was that perhaps drafted on the back of a Reader's Didgest in the Texas Governor's offical shitter?

Oh, HOLD ON A BLOODY SECOND THERE! Damn, I thought I was changing the topic for second and asking the other side for an opinion. Sorry about that fellows.

Back to me...cause I love me sooooo much. Again, my opinion is based on my life experience that for fusk's sake I haven't footnoted...that's why it's an opinion in case you missed that in class. Again, when I write a paper about Bush and if at that point I feel moved to call him a paper hanging-thumb-up-the-ass-moron, then you can bet by GUM I'll have gone to the National Archives and backed that THEORY up.

Then again, you fellow haven't read much about history, culture and theory have you? Pitty.

Continue having a Merry Chrimble.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 24, 2000).]

Omega
Member # 91

"Fly like a little fairy?" I'll try not to take that personally, Jay.

------------------
-Thomas Jefferson

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Mearly a little person of the night...like Tinkerbell although as masculine as you like.

And I might add, one who lives in a fantasy world much like you do Omega.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 24, 2000).]

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*AHEM!*

Omega is about as much as a fairy as Stalin was a dyed in the wool Nazi.

And yes Jay, you be DAMN sexy. *L*

Hell, Omega could be damn sexy too but do we care? Not hardly.

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Quatre. That certainly sorted things out.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fairy, �n. 1. (in folklore) one of a class of supernatural beings, generally conceived as having a diminutive human form and possessing magical powers.

Sure sounds like Omega, since I refuse to believe anyone's head could get that thick w/o something supernatural and magical involved... :-)

------------------
8164 7644 8724 6991+360 8164 8724 6541 8164 7239

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited December 24, 2000).]

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps