Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Wondering... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Wondering...
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I didn't see anything at all in his post that made this about himself. As far as I can tell, You guys were the ones who switched the topic from whatever issue was being discussed to Omega's "apparent inability to answer questions".

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically, Jay, you can't give any reason for your belief, so you're reduced to challenging me to prove otherwise. Do you think this makes you look rational?

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just my opinion UM.

Funny thing is I have an idea how Omega is going to frame his answer, so this is getting kind of fun actually.

But really, I wish people would begin to address question and answers to people again and stop the "you guys" stuff. JK is not me nor is JR or Fo2 Omega. Neither group or person is interchangeable.

Generally when I say "conservatives" I talk in broad strokes about those on the right, not really a group of people on the Boards. When I say Omega I mean Omega.

I'm not sure that anyone here can honestly say that Omega hasn't inserted himself and his ideology into most every political argument on the Boards in recent memory. His right to do so by all means. But I think that most of what he does is done more out of hubris than anything else...much like his initial response to my post in this thread. So yes UM, I think...my opinion only...that for Omega, it is all about him in many cases.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, and Omega snuck in while I was writing. Good. And yes, Santa Claus, that was about the way I thought his post would go.

Merry Chrimble to all and to all a good night.....

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 23, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Jay is unintelligent, un-intellectual, often unintelligible, and not much smarter than either the fellow who works at the car wash or the average tree stump.

Disprove that.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Performing this operation on replicated CDs results in blue sparks that dance along the CD, leaving fractal-ish patterns etched into the reflective aluminum. For those of you not with the program, this also renders the CD unreadable." - CD-R FAQ

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Atta boy Franky. But like I've told Omgea in the past, if you are going to be insulting, please be original about it.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not a lot of disproving going on there, Jay...

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was I who asked Omega to answer a question posed to him in another thread. I am still waiting for him to do so. Then I will respond to his question. It was not Jay, or anyone else, who started that, it was ... ME!

So answer the question.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Come the millennium, month 12,
In the home of greatest power,
The village idiot will come forth
To be acclaimed the leader
--Nostradamus, 1555
"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." - George W. Bush

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't trying to be insulting, I was trying to make a point (which UM got, at least).

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Performing this operation on replicated CDs results in blue sparks that dance along the CD, leaving fractal-ish patterns etched into the reflective aluminum. For those of you not with the program, this also renders the CD unreadable." - CD-R FAQ

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, why do I think Bush is an idiot? Listen to him talk for about five minutes. How can anyone not think he's an idiot?

------------------
8164 7644 8724 6991+360 8164 8724 6541 8164 7239

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

You want me to defend my intelligence?

Where do you want to me to start?

• You want me to list my degrees?
  • You want me to list books I've read? Fiction or non-fiction?
  • You want me to list poems I've got published? Er, one.
  • You want me to list papers published?
  • You want me to list the intangibles?

What is it you want. You want me to point out that I'm not trying to be the fucking POTUS? Do we not hold the POTUS to a higher standard now? Or was that just Bill Clinton morals?

What?

You want me to point out the ideological differences that seep into every thread here? How bout I point out that that the right in this country don't seem to have a fucking clue about sub cultures that permeate this bright big world that we live in. Maybe you would like some books that you could read on the subject? Would that do it for you?

I've told you before Omega, Frank, and anyone else out there that actually has a care to listen, I can only base my feelings on Bush on what he says and what he does. Is that clear enough Sally? And by what Bush says and does, he does not come across to me as a very bright bulb. In fact he comes across to me as a rather dull one who wanted something and his family went about the best way they knew how to get it for him.

And yet if I question the fact that he looks like a deer in the headlights when asked a probing question, I get the sychophants that come screaming out of the woodwork and tell me to proove it. Empirically?

What does Bush read? Fuck if I know. Fuck if you know. Although it strikes me that he read cue cards pretty damn well and takes to coaching with ease.

Does Bush discuss philosophy in his off time? Fuck if I know. Fucj if you know.

Does Bush discuss foreign policy issues in his spare time? Fuck if I know. Fuck if you know.

Does Bush know presidential history beyond Daddy? Fuck if I know. Fuck if you know.

I'm no real defender of Bill Clinton, but I at least know that he has a ravenous appetite for reading and presidential history. And I don't have to climb into his sock drawer to know that his Rhodes Scholarship gives him more credentials and ease with extemporaneous issues than a co-authored book that to me smacks of more marketing than ideas when it comes out during a presidential race.

At this point I think that Bush is little more than the second coming of Warren Harding. Maybe he'll prove me wring...or at least his handlers will.

All of which lead me to say that there are some rather glaring holes in his well purchased education that neither his poor public speaking nor his ghost written book fill. Bascily I need Bush to show me that he's smart, and I do not think that he has done so AT ALL to this point. Nor in my opinion...which won't really get to change until I get to talk to him in person because his self appointed defenders in here rather suck at defending his intellectual record...likely to change anytime real soon. Could it change? Sure. Is it likely, nope.

Prove to me that Bush wrote his entire platform as you seem to claim Omega? Oh, wait you can't. Logically that is the other side of the prove to me he's a dumbass coin. But no, you unpucker your lips enough to say 'hey, someone else said something somewhere that no one answered so I'm not going to talk anymore.'

Fine.

No one, not one single fucking national politican, can say that they looked at the budget for a decade and fixed it all by themselves.

My opinion, and mine alone is that Bush, like most national politicians, and more than most, is a product of marketing and is a package presented to the public that really would not stand close, unrehearsed and unsupervised scrutiny.

Pardon me if I let my anger show, but I get tired of people responding to subjects with nothing deeper than a:

Raul:
Prove it...

Vladimir:
No...

Canuck:
Right on Bro...

And those others who hide behind a pithy sentence rather than a deep nuanced thought.

If the world if black and white for you, it's easier that way isn't it?

So go ahead you cool right wing fellows, pick out the sentence that pissed you off most and speak to that and ingore to the rest. That's what we're good at here.

Either that or you can fall back on that tried and true strategy by sniviling 'you didn't answer my question.' Still, I'm looking for some meaningful discussion about President-Elect Scarecrow and his brain from the other side of the fence...which by the way, wasn't the real reason for the thread, but thanks to Omega, it is now.

Damn, an actual argument about issues would be nice too.

Merry Chrimble again.....

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay is not stupid because he is my friend, and I have no stupid friends. My friends are brilliant, intellectual, cunning, charming, sexy, svelt, sleek, rapacious men and women who storm through life like armies, like people with missions. My friends make the world spin about on its axis. My friends can put their hand into the heavens and rattle the stars.

It is good that you are all my friends. Bless you. Bless you all.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're saying Jay is sexy?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Come the millennium, month 12,
In the home of greatest power,
The village idiot will come forth
To be acclaimed the leader
--Nostradamus, 1555 (Allegedly)
"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." - George W. Bush

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along with brilliant, intellectual, cunning, charming, svelt, sleek, and rapacious, yes. And I'm not even entirely sure I'm using that last one correctly, but I love it all the same.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*cough*

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited December 23, 2000).]

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps