Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Geography of San Francisco in Trek times (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Geography of San Francisco in Trek times
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dispite writing many threatening letters, no building in Hong Kong has a giant starfleet emblem on it.

Yet.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What places on Earth have we seen in the 24th century??

San Fransico city part - Non Sequitur
GGB - all the time
Academy/Headquarters

New Orleans

LA is underwater

Penal colony in Wellington, NZ.

Cambridge

La Barre, France

And Iowa in the late 23rd.

We know that Lisbon and Alice Springs are still around.

They have never mentioned anything of the East Coast of the US (apart from Florida in Ent).

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paris through the President's window.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I guess on the holodeck in "We'll always have Paris"

Was Jaresh Inyo in Paris in "Homefront"/"Paradise Lost"?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alaska, in Nemesis.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The East Coast has been mentioned - Barclay's flat was in Boston.

And not *all* of LA need be underwater, as Janeway only speaks of "this place" while standing on a beach boulevard.

Does the Hawaii holoresort from VOY count? It supposedly *was* Hawaii (although which part?) and supposedly was also 24th cent.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

New York was never mentioned... maybe it's because it was turned into a maximum security prison!?! [Smile]

And Cleveland wasn't either... I guess with the Hellmouth and everything... [Smile]

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the TMP novel, Gene Roddenberry wrote of Los Angeles Island being a major suborbital transit hub, from long-distance to local access. So at least part of the LA basin is submerged by the 2260s.

And Tokyo R&D is mentioned in the TMG TM as being big in phaser research.

Yosemite was seen in TFF. We don't know where Sulu and Chekov were hiking in that same movie. And I don't know where Kirk's landing site was in the deleted opening scene of Generations.

As for New York, the only reference I've seen was the print of the alternate present "New Borg City".

Those are the only other locales I can think of that haven't already been mentioned.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Yosemite was seen in TFF. We don't know where Sulu and Chekov were hiking in that same movie.

Mt. Rushmore in the deleted scene.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Was there an extra head? Zephram Cochranes? [Smile]

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we saw mid-21st century Montana in FC and assuming the Smithsonian never moved, Washington, DC is still around by the 24th century. Along the way, St. Petersburg changed its name to Leningrad again. Wherever Hoshi was teaching in the Enterprise pilot is still around. (Somewhere in South America, but I don't recall a specific city or location). And McCoy is from Mississippi IIRC.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

No, it was some black woman... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

No, it was some black woman... [Roll Eyes]
Is there a problem?

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Crusher won a dancing competition in St. Louis.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
Is there a problem?

No...it just seems a little blatant, like to the point of being silly. "L00K GUY$!!!! BY TEH 23RD CENTURY, THERE HA$ BEEN A BLACK-WOMAN PRE$IDENT!!!!"

I mean, it's kind of like beating the audience over the head with it. I can see why the scene was deleted, it's pointless and silly.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply I was a racist-sexist or anything...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps