Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » STAR TREK LIVES! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: STAR TREK LIVES!
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/210406_01.shtml

Booyah!

I would have preferred a Romulan War movie myself, but right now I am just relieved that (a) this will not be a reboot and that (b) Berman and Braga will be nowhere near it!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope they realise that Spock was already a commissioned officer when Kirk left Academy ... and let us pray to the Great Bird that they don't make the Lieutenant Kirk before graduation nonsense canon ...

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Grey? There is a reason the Starfleet Academy story has never been made. IT'S STUPID! This is a drastic understatement, but I'm tired and about to go to bed.

Dear God, if this gets made it'll probably kill Trek for good.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kobi:
I hope they realise that Spock was already a commissioned officer when Kirk left Academy ... and let us pray to the Great Bird that they don't make the Lieutenant Kirk before graduation nonsense canon ...

When did each of them graduate? Is there any specific canon information? All I can find are general references to the 2250s
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my initial response was "How does this idea suck any less now than it did fifteen years ago when Harve Bennett first pushed it?"

I'm assuming it would be set chronologically before "The Cage" so that gives them more leeway in terms of design (sets, costumes, props). I don't think you can have Kirk on the Enterprise-nul before he becomes her captain though, so will be we saddled with yet another previously-unmentioned variant? 'Cause the dedication plaque must be getting pretty long by now - "Sixth Starship To Bear The Name - No, Seventh, Ooops, Tell A Lie, Eighth If You Don't Count That Ring Ship. And the Space Shuttle. Or The Aircraft Carrier(s). And That Galleon Spelled With a 'Z' Which Aren't Starships Anyway."

Then, while having a crap just now, I had this really bizarre casting idea. Josh Hartnett as Spock. He has the right look. Whether he'd do it is a good question, his career post-Pearl Harbour hasn't amounted to shit, but then since Lucky Number Slevin came out he seems to be getting some good press of the "He can actually act, sort of" variety.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need for there to be any Enterprise, is there?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no, but there's a school of thought that'd expect the more casual potential viewer (ie non-Trekkies, an audience the producers're sure to want to attract as much as the fans) with only a passing familiarity with Trek to expect it to be on a USS Enterprise at some point. It can't all be at the Academy.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess is the TOS enterprise will show up at some point in the movie follwed by an overly forseeable line by a newly commissioned Ensign Kirk to the effect of, "Some day, I'm going to be at the helm of one of those... Starfleet's finest... That's who we are Mr. Spock."

I remember at least one view of Kirk's Academy days uniforms. Didn't an old class mate of his show up on a fantasy panet wearing an academy tunic? It was just a grey version of the then-current officer's uniforms. Which makes little sence being that "The Cage" uniforms would have been used in the interim. So I think we have to assume that the uniform Kirk's delussion was wearing was the Academy uniform current to the episode, not Kirk's stint.

Who votes to get Rev's Antares design in as the main ship? I do, I DO!!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh. I'm getting sick of all these revival plans. It's too soon. But, if Berman and Braga won't be anywhere near this movie, then that's at least one mitigating factor. I'll withhold judgment, but I'm extremely dubious that this will be any good...

Also, anyone want to place wagers on a William Shatner cameo in a movie featuring a young version of his former character? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one word to describe this idea: "shit".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh. No more prequels! At BEST, a movie like this willb e left as an afterthought in the franchise. Even if Abrams is in charge, I really doubt it will be anything but mediocre.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After "These are the Voyages", I would be thrilled with mediocre.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno about this...I also think its too soon. And the idea of a young Kirk and Spock makes me nervous. I mean who else other than Shatner could Talk. In. Pauses.

I say let the grapes ferment before making wine. Wait until there's another huge science fiction boom in television and the movies and then try to revive trek. And let's stop whoring out the name Enterprise.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also, anyone want to place wagers on a William Shatner cameo in a movie featuring a young version of his former character?

What do you mean, with a little makeup, an industrial strength girdle, and the right hair system, Shatner will be able to reprise the younger version of Kirk.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I think he means that Shatner will play some other character that probably interact with young Kirk. I sure hope not.
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps