Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Mirror Universe (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Mirror Universe
Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a little poll,

Who liked the evil bisexual counterparts of Kira and Ezri.

I really liked Intendant Kira

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...*shifts eyes back and forth*...no comment...

------------------
Navigator-"Heading, Sir?"
Kirk-"Out there...somewhere...out thatta-way."--Star Trek: TMP

Grand Admiral Reese
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't make an opinion on that, since I haven't seen that episode of DS9. But it sounds interesting.
IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*modspeak* This thread is sort of drawing the line on appropriateness. Not to be a party pooper, I'll keep this thread open. If I do see reason to lock it, I shall do so. Keep it tasteful. Thanks.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, i just wanted to see how many people like this version of the characters. If it gets to raunchy you may shut it down

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to keep this thread balanced. I believe that Regent Worf and Garak were bisexual too... in Shattered Mirror there was some definate sexual overtones - like - Garak's trying to please the Regent - The Regents - your not my type... the whole bondage thing... its rather quite funny - but of course no one goes past The Intendent... Give me any version of Kira... Emissary Kira and Season 7 Kira were the best.

Oh - and something that no one has answered for me before - Kira has longer hair in Season 7 but in The Emperor's new cloak - does the Indentant still have short hair?

Andrew

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't like the Mirror Vic Fontain. The guy's a holographic singer.. how the hell can he have a mirror universe counterpart?

------------------
"...and if frogs could fly; well we'd still have this problem, but wouldn't it be cool?" - Drew Carey
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It makes sense if Vic Fontaine's form was based on a real person. Possibly the programmer, or an acquaintance of the programmer.

------------------
"You don't need eyes to see; you need VISION"
- Faithless / Reverence

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could've sworn I saw sparks fly out of the Mirror Fontaine when he got shot. I was under the impression that he was an android...Anyone else get that?

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited February 01, 2000).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Mirror Universe weapons always shoot sparks when they connect with a body, don't they (Kira shooting Jennifer in "Shattered Mirror" aside)? I remember when Sisko fired the two disruptors at once in "Through the Looking Glass", we got some pretty pyrotechnics. But I may remember incorrectly.

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited February 01, 2000).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vic Fontaine is basically a '50s to '60s singer, correct me if I'm wrong. The logic behind this is that both universes have the same timeline up until the first Romulan war (from what I heard). That's when the histories of the two universes branch off in different directions. So having a mirror Vic Fontaine, does make sense.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, from what I've read, and what seems better to me, is that in the mirror universe Khan wasn't overthrown.

------------------
"Move your mind, it's gonna cost you nothing"
-Eiffel 65, Move Your Body

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that can't be good.

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still holding tight to my theory that the two universes never had a common timeline. It is a completely alternate universe. If the mirror universe actually was a different quantum reality branching off from some point in the Trek chronology, it would be next to impossible for all the characters from our universe or even most of their ancestors to have ever even been born.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Non Canon stuff:

Shatner's book, "Spectre" has the divergence of the two universees at the point where the Borg invaded, before first contact with the Vulcans. I hope part two goes into a little more detail, because I like the idea. Seems the idea of another cube made people amore paranoid, and an Empire was born instead of a Federation. The Borg never returned in the mirror uni, at least, as of book one. We may see them in the next book. I don't know anything for sure.

My favorite scene in DS9 that season, was Ezri and the intendent.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps