Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ATTN: Treknophile (Page 5)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: ATTN: Treknophile
Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David et al,

Wow, I am humbled by the magnitude of this project already. To be honest, I'm not sure what skills I can bring to the group, in light of all the highly qualified artists and experienced people here!

Basically, I love Star Trek, of course. My fav has always been fandom Trek, the universe illustrated and framed by Todd Guenther of Mastercomm, David Schmidt of the Starfleet Academy Training Press, and his primary pubs, Dynamics and Prototype, Eric Kristiansen, aka Jackill, and his primary three part series we are all familiar with, and Alex Rosenzweig and Mike Rupprecht's Avenger/Miranda blueprints and fictional backstory. Dynamics is by and far my favorite, and I even sacreligously refer to is as my "bible" (the Officer's Bible is printed on the back cover). During the reign of DS9, I fell in love with the modern Starfleet, and, over the years constructed vast data bases, detailing ship construction and names and registries, and have compiled it all on my web site, TheTrekker.com (http://thetrekker.homestead.com). My site is a humble Starfleet reference site, and owes much of its existence to Bernd and Jason Colbert.

I would love to participate in this group, and I would love to be incorporated into whatever "club" David feels would be best. Perhaps I could simply be a proof reader?

My bio:

Name: Lancy M. Nutter
Marital Status: Married, no kids or pets.
Education: 3 years of college
Hobbies: Designing starships, reading starship books, surfing the web, drawing and writing scenarios related to starships, editing my starships web site, and such. I also read popular fiction, most war thrillers such as Tom Clancy, Harold Coyle, and the like.
Personality: Easy going, "sensative type", talkative, animated. I consider myself a realist, and take an objective view to life, or, try to. I'm a firm believer in the concepts of modern humanism, and as such am an atheist. Politically I'm independent, with leftish ideals.
Hopes for the future: To be a good husband to my wife, build a home, have a good stable job, and always drive a new Subaru Outback (just ask Fabrux)! :-)

------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://thetrekker.homestead.com

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ID Crisis:
1 - Starfleet Dynamics was my first major work, and I may still have a few kicking about, but not many. I'll have to search around.
2 - To be perfectly frank, I can't even remember the title of my second major work. It was red, published in landscape format (sideways), and featured fully-computer-generated line art (at a time when such was unheard-of in fan Trek-produced products). Can anyone remember the title? I have a few boxes of them.
3 - USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A Deck Plans was my last (and personal favorite) work. There is just something about seeing the inside of a ship come to life which makes it worth the effort. I have a few boxes of these as well.

I have always had a hunch that the distributors of the last two products didn't do a very good job of advertising same. Maybe the time has come to unload them. Anyways, if you want a copy of them, I'll work out a good price FOB your coordinates.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the record:

Bernd Schneider
33 years
currently working on Ph.D. in electrical engineering (that's what I meant with having no time)

Interests/skills:
Analysis of Treknology
Nitpicking
Starship design critic *g*
2D CAD (mainly starships)
2D artwork
Web design

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't mind taking some of those Ent-A prints off your hands ...

Jeff Benson
22, working on degree from Towson University

Writer & Creator of Star Trek - Gamma Quadrant
(Writing is the one thing I do really semi-well on a computer)

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 07, 2001).]

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
b) actually talking about Starfleet's hierarchy in terms of officers and enlisted, something which TPTB like to skirt over quite a bit.

This is something I'd be interested in working on. No one as yet *really* knows about Starfleet's bureaucracy and I'm sure that some fans out there (at least me) would like to see what it might actually be like. Of course, I could also proof, nit-pick, and do other sorts of treknological goodies.

Been awhile since I've been here. Good to be back.

------------------
"I see you have the ring. And that your Schwartz is as big as mine!
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

Gammera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 

[This message has been edited by Gammera (edited March 07, 2001).]

IP: Logged
Gammera
Ex-Member

Gammera
Ex-Member

Gammera
Ex-Member

Well I didn't want to put up my qualifications, because this is really starting to sound like a "My Starship is bigger then yours" contest.

But here we go, and I will admit my "starship" maybe smaller!!

Dave Vogel age 25

Head of the Imperial Starbase Socity Technical Committee we put out a semi annual pub called Jimbobs Hardly Used Starships (semi annual in the Seattle area means Rustycon, and NorwesCon!! three months apart!!!)

Eat breath live by the words spoken by the profits Okuda, and Sternbach (read as have ST:TNG and usfull and corect parts of ds9 tech manuals completely memorized, and know where to look stuff up if not in mememory!!)

Consider Berman, Piller, and Braga to be the anti-crist (ok i know it is not a requirment but it sounds so good to true fans)

Can model useing Maya, (draw back is I don't have the xfere softwear so you can use the models in studiomax or lightwave.

good technical writer, not a good technicial speller as you may have noticed

I live in Seattle (I see that Treknophile lives in Vancuver)

E-mail [email protected]

Treknophile if you are interested in using me give me an email and I will send you a copy of our last jimbobs

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Lance loves his Outback. When he's not smashing it up, anyways

Oh, and Treknophyle, I believe the book is called Starfleet Prototype, no? I'd love to get a copy from you.

Warped1701: Haven't seen you in ages! Drop me an email or an ICQ messge or something.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrux:
Thanks.

Jeff:
Ultra Magnus' concept of the "guided tour" is excellent! I certainly couldn't write it, but with all the talent we have here to help you (such as Basill & Gammera with 3d shots), I'm sure we'll do it! (it may just be our most popular product).

Ultra Magnus:
Thank you for the idea.

Team:
I am finalizing the 1st Table of Organization for the Team. We propably have enough members now (including my local friend and long-time researcher Tim Palgut - who hopefully will introduce himself online). I'll get back to you ASAP on this.

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem. I actually didn't post it to propose an Idea, as I didn't think it was interesting enough. But if it works for you, then I suppose that's all that matters.

Uh, a 'concept by' line would be nifty. Not that you have to, of course. The only requirement I have it that it kicks ass. Which it sounds like it does.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 07, 2001).]

Treknophyle
Member # 509

Tentative TO&E

I think I got everyone - but if I forgot someone (or if I didn't realize you had volunteered to join the team), please advise. I have selected Lance as the XO, as his skills seem to lend themselves to the administrative (mine sure don't).

I am posting the TO&E as a jpeg.

------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ATTN: David Schmidt's Group

I've just been notified by Dave that I have the honor of being the group XO. This means I am responsible for distributing materials, and organizing the group into a cohesive team. Ouch, sounds like a chance to flex my retail management muscles in a distinctly Star Trek flare!

That being said, Dave has asked me to distribute his color blueprints of the Intrepid Class thus-far created to the following individuals:

Bernd
Fabrux
Basill
Mark
Fructose 1
Shik
Gammera
NegVahr
Jeff

I have Bernd and Fabrux's email addresses, but the rest of you please email me so I can get the prints out to you. Do all of you have WinZip? It will greatly reduce the size of the pages, they are quite large, the total size of all four images is 3.42 MB.

Please, all email me a page stating "ready for transport", and I will "reply" the images back to that address you send me.

Thanks.

Psst: These images are BREATHE TAKING! However, they are NOT to be distributed to the public. Dave does not want even our closest friends to see them. If they are found on a web site, the entire team will be disbanded. So, by emailing me your address, you are agreeing NOT to distribute these images. Thanks! ;-)

-Lance Nutter, XO
aka Yakaspat ;-)

------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://thetrekker.homestead.com

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David: If you'll forgive my lack of your work, I wouldn't be adverse to obtaining copies of Dynamics, Prototype & The Enterprise-A schematics. If it isn't too much trouble, of course. [email protected] was created for this occasion.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps