Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ATTN: Treknophile (Page 6)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: ATTN: Treknophile
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lance: You should compress them using WinRAR - it does a much better compression job.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Dave sent them to me uncompressed, though I think the uncompressed versions are already pre-compressed, judging by some detail degredation (ack, spelling?).

WinWAR? Where do I get this from? To be honest, though, I use WinZip extensively, and have no problems. Email me a link, though, Chris, for me to check out. If you guys wish, I will send it to you uncompressed. It only took about 8 minutes to download from my mail server.

Let me know.

Lance

------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://thetrekker.homestead.com

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark's e-mail:

[email protected]

Lookin' forward to it.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrux:

I am downloading WinRAR now, and will use that format. Thanks.

Lance

------------------

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultra Magnus:
Once I've got everything unpacked, I'll be glad to make you such a deal! The only problem is that I don't have many SfD (love that abbreviation!) - maybe 2 or 3 - and I need to keep one.

People:
Here's a thought. Assuming I can find one, would anyone be willing to scan it and PDF? I am willing to let this one go web. Low-rez scans would be fine - the artwork was all pen & ink, and none of the text was fine.

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lance:
Regarding the nit-database, don't let it become a replacement for discussion in this BBS. Just a way of keeping track of who, what, and decision. The arguements over details are what makes this BBS so fine.

------------------

Treknophyle
Member # 509

Bernd:
Just checked out your "Ex Atris..." website.
Wow. Nit-picker heaven.
I am trying to come up with a shield/logo for 'Strategic Design & Tactical'. Although I do not want one that directly reflects the Starfleet Academy one, I would welcome your input. (As well as that of any other team member).

------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

Dave,

Gottit. Okay, let the record show:

1) The Intrepid Class should have Type X phasers, yes or no?

2) Rick Sternbach said in the Sternbach Forum at new.startrek.net that Voyager "is an explorer class starship, howbeit the smallest of the type". This I interpret as "Light Explorer", in keeping with the LUG classification system, which jives well with the TNGTM Type Table and those used on the series.

Have-at-you!

:-)

Bernd, Fabrux, Basil, and Mark should all have received copies now.

Lance

------------------

Basill
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Dang...

I went away yesterday at post #21 and came back to two new pages! Whew. I was thinking activity would be low since David was limited to coffee breaks. I shall not make that miscalculation again.
Well, I have sent my Ready to Transport E-mail to Lance, but just for convenience it is [email protected] .

As for my bio, not much too it:

Name: Gregg Drye (my cat's name is Basil-It is also my favorite spice-hence the cat's name)

Residence: Nashville, TN USA

Education: Bachelor of Fine Arts (only took 10 years -Actually I just loved school that much) Ironically enough, everything that I have posted on my site was learned later & independently on my own little Mac. And, I have learned quite a bit since most of that.

Personality: Still trying to decide that one, he he. Actually, very friendly but shy and generally non talkative (only because when I do talk I tend to ramble-genie in the bottle syndrome). This is why I actually like Message boards; it forces me to think about what I am going to say. ooops... I'm rambling.

Interests: Dedicating 93.5% of my conscious thought to the mythos that is Trek, although I am currently enamored by Stargate and Farscape. Although I have many, many other interests, I was infected by a love of space and a sense of scale at a young age. It seems for me, all perceptions pass through the filter of Trek. Some of those other big interests. The Sciences (especially astronomy, physics, and biology), History, and Philosophy (my Minor in college). Most of these interests grew out of, you guessed it, Star Trek.

Employment: currently interviewing with the Nashville Public Library system. Government wheels ... they turn slowly.

That is all I can think of that is of any interest. I am better at answering questions asked of me than volunteering data. (and I ramble)

------------------
Basil's Homeworld Dinosaurs,Elephants,Whales,Sea Vessels, Zeppelins,Starships... I just love big things that move

IP: Logged
NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Gents...

Work has been hell these last few days...

My email addy is: [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing the pics! As for my skills, I have been a TrekTechHead for the last 20 years...and my proofreading skills are excellent.

Thanks!
Art

------------------
Spoken in Klingon, with a distinct Scottish accent:
"If it's not Klingon...It's crap!"

Treknophyle
Member # 509

Team:
Thanks to those of you who have provided bios. And yes, I do prefer to work with people whose real names I know - I'm a throwback I guess...

Any suggested changes to the TO&E should be posted here.

Basil I don't mind this nick-name, I can SPELL it)
On the deck plans, you will note a section which shows all equipment from an upper plan view. Most of it is just short of 1 deck tall. Although I want the 3d-detailed view to be somewhat conforming to my plan view, I would be most interested in your 3d conceptions. Could you try the following:

- force-field/deflector screen generator
- quantum resonance imaging scanner

In each case:
- try to place a standard stand-alone console nearby (you know, the ones on a pedestal). With a generic person for scale if possible.
- place them in a gray compartment without windows, but possible with structural support (vertical and oblique) members showing raised on the bulkheads. Doors woould be nice too. Actually, just use the same room/console/person, and change the device. Colors will require some discussion. For now, use your imagination, and memory from the show.

Good?

------------------

Basill
Ex-Member

Well Lance, it seems our formats are not quite compatible (I am an unapoligetic Mac owner) What formats were the originals in? I might just need to get them uncompressed if that is possible. My system doesn't even recognize them as graphics files, but rather text.

------------------
Basil's Homeworld Dinosaurs,Elephants,Whales,Sea Vessels, Zeppelins,Starships... I just love big things that move

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, I'd love to e-mail you about the Intrepid blueprints ... but I can't find your address! My e-mail is [email protected] (afraid I don't know how to make that a link). Send it on the way!

*ahem* My previous "bio" was a bit lacking, so let me flesh it out a bit ...

My full name is Jeff Benson, I am 22, and I'm currently a history major at Towson University in Baltimore (although I'm thinking of switching to either Criminal Justice of PoliSci).

I've been a fan of Star Trek since I stumbled across a first season ep of TNG back in '88. "Wow, he's pale!" I thought of Data! I was rather fortunate in that I was friends with Russell Bailey at the time (third grade, I think, and we're still friends, although not as close as we were back then), and his father, Dennis Bailey, is a HUGE Trekkie, and co-wrote the episodes Tin Man and First Contact, so I got to meet all kind of people at cons -- including a lasting friendship with Howard Weinstein, I've met Mike Okuda, and a lot of other Trek writers from the DC/NY area.

I started writing Trek stories early on, although I was always missing one key thing: plot. I would literaly just START writing, then get stuck and move on. The first story I actually wrote (beginning, middle, end) was a Star Wars story, focusing on a bunch of fighter pilots (who coincidently happened to be named after friends of mine), who had to go and sabotauge an Imperial outpost.

My second story that I completed finished again, with my friends as characters, about the Starship Valor and her dangerous mission on the Cardassian border ... sadly, this story has been lost -- I can find no computer or hardcopy of it, and this saddens me. =(

I've always done well in english classes, and took a "Writing Science Fiction" course last spring at TU with sci-fi author John Flynn. Currently, much of my creative writing time has been wrapped up in Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant, a series set after Deep Space Nine.

Although Voyager is my least favorite show, I am rather fond of the Intrepid-Class vessel. It has a much more "open" feel to it than any other Starfleet ship I've seen (no doubt due to those big windows all over the place!).

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 07, 2001).]

Zor Prime
Ex-Member

Yep, I'm here Dave, just observing the chaos.
-Tim

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this thread is just alive with activity. The book you are talking about Dave is Starfleet Prototype: The Journal of Innovative Design and Ideas. That's where the Seldon came from. But my address is [email protected]. And here's the bio:

Name: Erick R. Munoz
Marital Status: Married, no kids or pets.
Education: 4 years at Air Force Academy
Hobbies: Model building (mostly Star Trek), reading SciFi - mostly Asimov, computer games, a little web design too.
Personality: Easy going and not to excitable. Enjoys spending time at home working on all of my too many 'projects.' And LOVES flying.
The future?: Be a good husband. And to keep on flying some more.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps