Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My Expanded Shiplist (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: My Expanded Shiplist
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I know, I probably don't need to start a new thread...but I have, it's done, so sue me...er...whatever... [Cool]

I've gotten everything switched over to the new server and all of Starfleet is up and running. (If you notice any broken links or anything that doesn't appear to be working right, please tell me.) I've updated a few things and what not. (Shik and EdipisReks will be happy to know that I've corrected my rather glaring historical oversight in the Bonhomme Richard entry. [Wink] ) I've also added a "condensed version" for quick review. I'll try to work on getting at least a good portion of the Federation section up before Thanksgiving.

Once again, Enjoy.
http://www.cdeath.net/monkeyofmim/Shiplist/Introduction.htm

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
much better. *bookmarked* [Big Grin]
IP: Logged
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good work. No real nits, though the Rhode Island should go before the Rio Grande, if you're sticking to alphabetical order..

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to let you know, somewhere there's a number of 74222 being bandied about for the Sovereign. I know Tom Sasser picked it up for use on his decals, & I think it came from RAST. Not certain, though.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Admiral:
Very good work. No real nits, though the Rhode Island should go before the Rio Grande, if you're sticking to alphabetical order...

Whoops! [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Just to let you know, somewhere there's a number of 74222 being bandied about for the Sovereign. I know Tom Sasser picked it up for use on his decals, & I think it came from RAST. Not certain, though.

This is one of those things that has been said for a very long time, but never once has anyone come up with conclusive evidence of where it came from or any degree of reliability to it, so I've kind of written it off as fan myth. (It's not like the Intrepid's number, which did come from Sternbach originally despite what has been said to the contrary, and lo & behold it has now come to be used onscreen in Nemesis!) But if you've got any new information, I'm listening...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevermind, answered my own question...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

INSIGNIFICANT UPDATE:
Fixed the alphabetization error and added a pair of Yamato screencaps that Spikey made for me.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
What was your question, The359? [Smile]

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never payed close attention to that casualty list you've got there before, but I did now, and started wondering what exactly happened to the Akagi to 21 people to go missing. Creepy. Also, a battle at a Starbase! There's an unseen thing I'd like to see.

Uh, anyway, yeah.

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work, MMoM. Great reference, and much improved server. I'll put a link up at TBG next update.

Just noticed a few things though... the Bozeman screencap as well as the studio model pics of the Firebrand and Princeton look amazingly like the ones I made. Not that I'm keeping track or anything. [Wink] And under the Trinculo entry, the episode "Sacrifice of Angels" is called "Sacrifice of Angles." And I don't totally agree with including the retouched images of the Constitutions from the Encyclopedia, but to each his own, I guess.

Overall, pretty sweet.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you are going with the '5xxxx' registry for the Prometheus?

Wasn't it corrected by Okuda somewhere?

If that is corrected - I wasn the Budapest, Appalacia and the Yeager corrected too. They are ALL 7xxxx's not 5's 6's and 8's.

If they are old ships that have been refit that extensively - why haven't we seen other 4's 5's and 6's upgraded like that!?!

Maybe the Sovereign is really and upgraded Excelsior!?! Not.

The (re)appearance of double-secondary hulls. Forward shuttlebays, not to mention many Defiant, Galaxy, Intrepid and Sovereign-esque features makes me think these are newer ships - post Galaxy.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"NAR-25820
Sydney
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country"

What was this!?! The orbital shuttle!?! I don't believe that this was a Sydney class. The Sydney class is quite large.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yeah, that's called an Executive Shuttle in most places, including the canonish Fact Files.

And in the entry for the Danube class U.S.S. Shenandoah it says the ship was "attacked by the Jem�Hadar and destroyed." Well, we don't really know if it was destroyed, it might've just been abandoned, they sorta forgot about it after Jake and Nog were beamed to the Valiant. Since the rest of your list is strictly canon, it might be a good idea to mention that no one said what happened to the ship in the episode, but you presume it was destroyed.

Btw, I like the way you're including info from TAS as well. [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's more likely that the Odyssey was (more) named after one of Homer's epics than the command module of Apollo 13.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few nits/comments:
1. Princeton is in New Jersey, not Pennsylvania!
2. You should mention the Russian battleship Potemkin rather than or inaddition to the General. Probably better known because of the movie.
3. For Sequoia, I'd mention the guy who developed the Cherokee script, for whom the treee was named.
4. Spector might be named for Phil Spector, the famous record producer.
5. In War of the Worlds, "Thunder Child" is two words.
6. Re: Lollipop http://www.reelclassics.com/Actresses/Shirley/goodship-lyrics.htm

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spector could be in reference to Gaming Guru Warren Spector. Given the source of the name, perhaps it most likely is.
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps