Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My Expanded Shiplist (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: My Expanded Shiplist
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Thanks. It seems to be labelled on the photo as a scout.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I reckon - for the next Encyclopaedia revision - that these ships should be drawn up and included!! I mean if we can do it - the people with the primary source material should be able to do it!?!

--------------------

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMoM,

For the third Intrepid, you listed the events from "Force of Nature". I would think with the publication of the article in Star Trek: The Magazine that the Intrepid in this episode is the prototype of the Intrepid Class, not the Excelsior Class starship.

Some other notes:
-New Orleans is the birthplace of jazz.
-The Ambassador Class Excalibur had a run-in with the Borg. Data provided in "Survival Instinct" (VOY).
-USS Sentinel may be named after five US Navy ships that share this name. The most famous is the mine sweeper USS Sentinel (AM-113) which was sunk by German aircraft July 12, 1943 off the coast of Sicily.
-J. Swift, captain of the USS Yosemite, may be in-joke for Jonathan Swift, author of Gulliver's Travels.

[ November 28, 2002, 07:09: Message edited by: newark ]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I would assume that an Intrepid Class (the newest ship at that time) and the pride of the Fleet - the Enterprise would have more in common Engine-wise than an old Excelsior Intrepid. I agree with the Intrepid class thing there too.

When did Rick Sternbach start designing the Voyager?? When did he get the "Intrepid Class" designation - if it was during TNG's final year - it might be a little Nod towards Voyager... seeing as Intrepid Class was mentioned in the Pilot. And that half of Season 7 was peppered with Maquis references etc. To lead into Voyager.

Andrew

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, I even checked EAS for the picture, but there was no indication on the main page that any of the Wolf359 stuff had been updated. I guess that'll teach me...
SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for directing us to the pic by the way! [Smile]

Now that we can see it more clearly, anyone know for sure what the secondary hull is? It first appeared to be the shape of an upside-down seaQuest front end, but the kit would be too new for the Wolf 359 episode. It looks like some arrangement of Galaxy Class secondary hull parts. Any thoughts?

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you guys ask me it looks like two extended but flatened galaxy halls mounted to the back of the saucer right in the middle or just below the middle line of the of the saucer. Sort of like what the new Orleans type but flatter.

But thats me.

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some notes on the TAS freighters:

The NCC-Gxxxx drones were of the Sherman Class, according to the Federation Refrence Series - volume 5. Not canon, of course, but you could mention it as a note.

The Huron could be an Independence Class. Again, nothing canon, but perhaps worthy of mentioning.

(Source: http://www.shipschematics.net)

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again, the Independence doesn't look much like the Huron. And the registry range given for the Independences by, say, Dixon, is wrong, too (since the rego was mistaken for NCC-F1313 for so long). So it might be doubly appropriate to suggest some other class or subclass for the Huron. Something that came after the Fraternity subclass, obviously...

Timo Saloniemi

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. That is a very odd-looking lower nacelle attachment point configuration.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
(Would really have liked to know a specific Mag issue for Ju'day, but oh well...)

Dug my copies of Star Trek: The Mag out today... it's in the August 2001 issue, page 112 in the "Star Trek Stories" section, an article entitled "Creating a Bajoran model."
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was most helpful of you, SM! My thanks. [Smile]

The same goes for everyone who has reported errors, omissions, broken links, etc. I have made most of the needed amendments, but there are still a few items to complete, especially in light of the latest Mag issue. Bear with me, folks...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a guess, but I think USS Sentinel was named for the 1948 Arthur C Clarke short story (The Sentinel) that was the basis of 2001: A Space Odyssey. This source is more likely than some obscure minesweeper.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE:

-Added all ship info from Sternbach's latest mag article. (This entailed the creation of new entries for the U.S.S. Gihlan and U.S.S. Houbolt, and modification of the Constellation, Gettysburg, Hathaway, Magellan, Stargazer, Valkyrie, and NCC-7100 entries.)
-Updated Alka-Selsior entry and added model pic.
-Updated Enterprise-E entry with a small datapoint from "Life Line" (VGR).
-Added a screenshot to the Bonchune entry, a CGI shot to the Horizon entry, and a single better model pic to the Valkyrie entry.
-Updated Introduction page, adding Star Trek Maps, Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, and the Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology (all of which I have recently purchased) to the list of ancillary references. Also added some annotations with info from these publications throughout the list.
-Specifically, I updated the Bonaventure, Enterprise-A, Kobayashi Maru, and Republic entries.
-Federation L is now up.
-So are Q, U, and Y. (Don't get excited though...there ain't nothin' there! [Razz] )
-Updated the Condensed shiplist.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.

Masao: I'm afraid I must disagree. Considering that another vessel on those displays was the U.S.S. Silversides named for another WWII USN vessel, I'd think more in the line of newark's explanation.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn! (I'm still convinced I'm right, of course) [Smile]

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps