Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Tholians! (Page 12)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Tholians!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Not sure about the Mirror Universe, but I do remember that the Tzenkethi were originally going to be the Kzinti from TAS, except that that name is owned by Niven.

It's like the 27th February all over again! And really, who wants to go back to that time, eh? Men walked around naked, cats ate dogs, and the great floods were upon us, causing a massive shortage in clean towels.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that before or after Timelord joined and the "Star Trek sucks threads" began to pop up here em masse? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Oh, and one thing about that whole "rights" issue. Wasn't there some talk about the DS9 people having to pay the writer of "Mirror, Mirror" when they started doing their mirror universe episodes? Talk about whether he owned the rights to it in some ways, or something like that?

I don't know about that case, but that's possible. When I pitched some scripts to TNG in 1989, my agent told me that I was more likely than not to sell a script that didn't include characters or elements created for another episode, because the writer of the episode will have to get paid and possibly some credit.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Anticans and the Selay. The first "T*r*lians" were the plague-bearing Tarellians from "Haven."

Who may have been mentioned in Enterprise's "Singularity," come to think of it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah.
The Anticansssss and the Ssssselay.
(at least that's what they sounded like when they spoke!) Two whole races of Cobra Commanders.
Man they sucked.
TNG would never survive today with shows like that in it's first season. [Razz]

Thanks for the correction.
I'd never want to remember these losers on my own. [Big Grin]
Say what you will about Enterprise: the plots are certainly no worse than TNG's first few seasons.
Plus: No Betazoid "feelings of great joy". [Roll Eyes]
And they have a dog!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
The Anticans and the Selay. The first "T*r*lians" were the plague-bearing Tarellians from "Haven."

Who may have been mentioned in Enterprise's "Singularity," come to think of it.

Also, the mysterious corpse from "Future Tense" had some Tarellian DNA, I believe.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Mabye his HMO didint cover the Plague.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACtually didnt we see some female-feline dancer/stripper-type alien in ST5:TFF?? She was in the bar at Paradise City, attacked Kirk and Spock and got thrown in a fish tank or something?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we did. Felinoids in Star Trek are a legion. Here's a partial list (canonically unconfirmed names in quotation marks):

-animated "Caitian" Lt. M'Ress from TAS
-animated Kzinti from TAS "Slaver Weapon"
-animated Vedalan from TAS "The Jihad"
-live-action "Caitians" from ST4
-live-action unknown from ST5

"Caitians" have catlike faces, hands and feet, two side-by-side breasts (or at least two visible ones, on the single female we saw, but those uniforms leave little to imagination) and a long, prehensile tail. Live-action versions seemed to be males, and preferred their fur long and ragged. All three specimen witnessed were man-sized.

Kzinti males have tigerlike, fanged faces but with winglike ears, and are larger than Homo sapiens, with heavily built upper torsos. Females are said to be nonsentient and were not seen.

Vedalans seem like generic cats although with large outer ears that have a somewhat humanlike mid-structure. And the one individual we saw had a really painful-looking slouch. Man-sized, it seems.

The unknown cat-dancer from ST5 had three breasts side by side, and was somewhat more heavily built than M'Ress, with more complex and more handlike paws and (I'm guessing) more humanlike legs if not feet. Could have been a sturdy Caitian, too, or a female Kzin. Anybody have good pics?

Timo Saloniemi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
ACtually didnt we see some female-feline dancer/stripper-type alien in ST5:TFF?? She was in the bar at Paradise City, attacked Kirk and Spock and got thrown in a fish tank or something?

Are people in this thread caught in some kind of weird temporal anomaly where they make comments that have already been made earlier on in the thread?

The Tzenkethi were going to be the Kzinti. Yes. And Tholians look a bit funny.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where else have I made that comment?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not you specifically. Someone else has already stated that.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Hmmm...Guess I just dont have the time to scroll through 12 pages to figure that out, especially on this PoS modem I be visiting here with.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Oops]
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I have a piece of shit modem too, and I am really cool. If I can find time to do it, so can you, who are far more worthless and pathetic than me.

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps