Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Tech to expand your summer! ["The Expanse" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ Tech to expand your summer! ["The Expanse" Spoilers]
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was outside smoking a joint for the last two years?

I'm sorry, did I hear there is a new series where the whole story premise where Berman goes back in time and fucks up star trek history.

Cool what is it called? [Razz]

Hey at least in the 24th century they filled the hole in Florida [Roll Eyes]

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I watched the Vaankara tape, I had terrible flashbacks to Event Horizon. This film, released in the mid-1990's, was the story of a lost ship which had returned from an unknown place. The crew of the rescue ship watched a log of the Event Horizon's crew raging against each other and when the tape ends there is a brief glimpse of one crewmember's face. The tape of the Vaankara was very reminescent of this film's logs down to the murderous rage of the crew and the camera suddenly focusing on the dying face of a crew member. For me, this was Star Trek parody.

For my mother, she didn't believe Florida would be above water in 2153. She thinks Florida will be flooded by rising waters.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
I'm almost positive that that "Bird of Prey" ship was actually just the same D5-class cruiser that we saw before, just a lot more maneuverable and kewl-looking.

Nope. The D5 from "Judgment" is quite distinct from the pre-BoP design, but it *is* however the same as the deuterium tanker from "Marauders."

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spike, I see you have placed ENT in the Alternate Realities section. Bravo! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Spike, I see you have placed ENT in the Alternate Realities section. Bravo! [Big Grin]

Hooray! [Smile]
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yes, I have, but not because I don't like the show. Firstly, it explains almost all continuity errors. Secondly, Braga more or less confirmed this theory. And thirdly, I want to enjoy the show.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Secondly, Braga more or less confirmed this theory.

What did he actually say?

Please can this be an alternate timeline...

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When asked about continuity discrepancies in "Regeneration", Braga replied the "timeline has been altered".

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that comes from his comments on "Regeneration". And besides, if he can ignore all the other series, we can ignore Enterprise [Razz]

But seriously, placing Enterprise in a different reality would be a rather clean way to explain all the 'errors' to the more loyal fans that have grown up with quite a different view of Star Trek, while still giving enough eye-candy for the occasional viewer.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For my mother, she didn't believe Florida would be above water in 2153. She thinks Florida will be flooded by rising waters.
Best comment ever.
Phoenix
Member # 966

quote:
I think that comes from his comments on "Regeneration". And besides, if he can ignore all the other series, we can ignore Enterprise [Razz]

But seriously, placing Enterprise in a different reality would be a rather clean way to explain all the 'errors' to the more loyal fans that have grown up with quite a different view of Star Trek, while still giving enough eye-candy for the occasional viewer.

I really like that idea. It seems rather likely that someone left ship plans on Earth in FC, which would explain the design similarities. Perhaps they also left some tech information, which would explain the early introduction of photon torpedoes, transporters, etc.

And it is a nice reason why Enterprise is called Enterprise, considering that it appears to have been called "Dauntless" in the real/other timeline.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Likeliest comment ever.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screw that.
I recognise Enterprise as canon and completely throw out TOS's final season, TAS, STV and the "transwarp devolvment" episode of Voyager.
Basically anything that makes me scream "What numb fuck wrote this crap and how in fuck did this get O.K.'d by anyone?!?".
Yes, I know, Voyager has several more of these moments, but I'm sleepy and don't want to get riled up just now. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Phoenix
Member # 966

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I recognise Enterprise as canon and completely throw out TOS's final season, TAS, STV and the "transwarp devolvment" episode of Voyager.

Why the final season of TOS? And if you throw out that, why not seasons 1 and 2 as well?

If I were to do a "throwing things out of canon" theory, I'd probably remove all of TOS, TMP, TFF, INS, Trials and Tribble-ations (DS9), Threshold (aka The One With Bad Science) (VOY), The One With Scotty (TNG), probably most of the Q episodes, and the silliest Voyager episodes to boot (I'm not even going to bother listing the silly episodes that don't particularly stick out).

Oh, and I could remove the "we can't replicate torpedoes" comment, and the entire "we haven't got a backup warp core, that one's just a cardboard cutout" episode.

This is fun. [Big Grin]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TAS is canon - Uhura dancing naked in TFF is not. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps