Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Tech to expand your summer! ["The Expanse" Spoilers] (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ Tech to expand your summer! ["The Expanse" Spoilers]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the " Leave the CMO and a bunch of rookies on the ship with the motherfucking BORG in the area while we empty the ship of anyone worth shit to look for ONE AWOL crewman".
What was the name of that episode? I think it was "What the fuck are you thinking!?" [Wink]

I'd only have to ditch the truly horrid episodes of TOS: much of it was really good for it's time.
Crap like "Spock's Brain" or the ones with gangsters, nazis or greek gods have to be chocked up to 60's drug experimentation and excised from the timeline.

The "Dr. Crusher scottish ghost story" needs to go, as does the TNG crew devolving into monsters crap (a idea so damn bad they used it again in Voyager).

ANY historical figures still being alive and well in the future needs to go for sure: Amelia Earheart is alive and well (and still wearing the same clothes!) on an alien planet at the assend of the Galaxy?
Drugs are bad.

Hey, you're right: this IS fun! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
TAS is canon - Uhura dancing naked in TFF is not. [Smile]

Uhura dancing naked is akin to french kissing Chtuhlu. [Razz]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Don't forget the " Leave the CMO and a bunch of rookies on the ship with the motherfucking BORG in the area while we empty the ship of anyone worth shit to look for ONE AWOL crewman".
What was the name of that episode? I think it was "What the fuck are you thinking!?" [Wink]

I'd only have to ditch the truly horrid episodes of TOS: much of it was really good for it's time.
Crap like "Spock's Brain" or the ones with gangsters, nazis or greek gods have to be chocked up to 60's drug experimentation and excised from the timeline.

The "Dr. Crusher scottish ghost story" needs to go, as does the TNG crew devolving into monsters crap (a idea so damn bad they used it again in Voyager).

ANY historical figures still being alive and well in the future needs to go for sure: Amelia Earheart is alive and well (and still wearing the same clothes!) on an alien planet at the assend of the Galaxy?
Drugs are bad.

Hey, you're right: this IS fun! [Big Grin]

In addition, we can remove every single holodeck episode of Voyager. [Smile]

And we can do the same with the Intruder Friendly Operating Systems from Basics.

And The One Where 8472 Pretend To Be Humans.

And The One With The People Whom Everyone Forgets.

Ooh, and 11:59. [Smile]

The problem I have with TOS is the way SF goes from decent (ENT) to rubbish (TOS) to decent again (TNG/DS9/VOY). So either I can place ENT in a different timeline, and excuse its decentness by saying it got it from the E-E in FC, or I can remove TOS (and the episodes from the other series which refer to it). I think I'd rather just treat everything as canon and place ENT in a different timeline, to be honest. [Smile]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Jesus! I had blocked out the god-awful "captain Janeway falls in love on the Holodeck" nightmare!!!!
Fuck. Now I'll wake up screaming again.
Thanks alot Phoenix.

I'd really love to see Starfleet Command's debrifing on her screwing photons and the effect it must have had on the crew's morale. [Wink]

If anyone ever mentions the word "continuity" all you have to say is Dork Frontier andd the conversation sputters to a halt right there.

As a starship designer I really have to question the brainiacs that made the Promethous: "a ship so advanced that only 12 easily killed, unarmed officers can fly it and they *upgrade* the EMH to andy Dick".
Why not go all the way and have a holographic Jerry Lewis to run the ship too?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jesus! I had blocked out the god-awful "captain Janeway falls i love on the Holodeck" nightmare!!!!
Thanks alot Phoenix.

If you like I could post screenshots? [Big Grin]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
quote:
Jesus! I had blocked out the god-awful "captain Janeway falls i love on the Holodeck" nightmare!!!!
Thanks alot Phoenix.

If you like I could post screenshots? [Big Grin]
I'll damn you to hell with my dying breath if you do.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Phoenix
Member # 966

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
-- In Duras' first attack, Reed mentions that "both port phase cannons are down." Um... last we saw, the NX-01 only had two starboard cannons, and only one port cannon. Unless they magically made up parts for more weapons the same way that Voyager made parts for more shuttles...

Sorry for the delay, but I've only just seen the episode. Reed actually says "both forward phase cannons are down". He slurs the word a bit, but it's definitely "forward".
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On-topic, folks.

Mark <---Stooooopid VCR

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sorry for the delay, but I've only just seen the episode. Reed actually says "both forward phase cannons are down". He slurs the word a bit, but it's definitely "forward".
Hmm, that sounds reasonable. We can blame it on the bad British accent. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

EvilTree
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for EvilTree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having missed most of S2, I heard it was the season finale so I thought might as watch it for shits and giggles.

Boy, was I disappointed.

Plotwise, it doesn't keep you interested. Seemed like broken fragments of a bad storied that was put together by a child.

To me it was like typical VOY ep.

And then there is stupid Archer who keeps Duras alive by only disabling his ship. Is there a captain who's more stupid than him?

--------------------
Loyalty, Vigilance, Excellence
-Motto of Imperial Space Marines

Phoenix
Member # 966

quote:
Originally posted by EvilTree:
And then there is stupid Archer who keeps Duras alive by only disabling his ship. Is there a captain who's more stupid than him?

Have you ever seen Janeway? [Smile]

Actually, I think the Worst Captain Ever award probably should go to the Prometheus' Captain, who managed to lose the most powerful ship in Starfleet to a bunch of Romulans.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EvilTree:
And then there is stupid Archer who keeps Duras alive by only disabling his ship.

Have you ever heard the saying "Don't kick a man when he's down"? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"the ones with gangsters, nazis or greek gods"

So, all the best ones, then?

Ok, maybe just "A Piece of the Action," but come on! A classic by any definition.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not by mine (while readily admitting that I am perhaps not the most, erh, qualified person to judge on classicalities).
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
God. People whining about photo torpeedos is exactly why I dont come to these forums very often.
The tech of trek is cool and all but some people just take it way too seriously.
It was a very enjoyable episode and better then anything else on at the time. I'm willing to put money on Enterprise lasting seven seasons.

Yeah... well I'm like Nigel Powers [or was it Austin]:

There are only two things I hate:
People who are intolerate of other people.
And the Dutch.

Well in my case it's people who cannot allow others to enjoy the aspects they enjoy, and people like you!

Those of us in this forum get as much out of the characters and plots as we do out of the tech and in-jokes.

As far as I'm concerned you don't have to come to this forum, though that's not my decision. I'd also recommend you grow up a little, and allow others to enjoy the things they enjoy--- and complain about the mistakes they see in the things they enjoy.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps