Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Tech to expand your summer! ["The Expanse" Spoilers] (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ Tech to expand your summer! ["The Expanse" Spoilers]
Darkwing
Member # 834

- posted      Profile for Darkwing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
To be pedantic (again), the timeline has changed roughly 7 billion times since we first saw "The Man Trap". If you wanted to, you could place every single episode of Star Trek in one of the many, many alternative dimensions that we've seen ("Parallels" was fun).

So yeah, Enterprise could be a new timeline. But it's almost certainly a timeline that still contains TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY.

If it did, Braga wouldn't have needed to say anything. I feel that ENT is now free of TOS/TNG/DS9/VGR, and this is a good thing. Now the Romulan War can happen anytime, and the ending isn't pre-ordained. Earth can lose. The xindi War can prevent the Romulan War. The Federation may or may not come to be.
The future is open-ended again.
As long as the "original" timeline is available to tell stories in, let ENT be it's own universe.
Darkwing

--------------------
Darkwing
If you don't drink the kool-aid, you're a *baaad* person - Rev Jim Jones
It is useless for sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while wolves remain of a different opinion - William Ralph Inge
Almond kool-aid, anyone? - DW
[email protected]

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it basically means that Enterprise lost its purpose... it's no longer a prequel series, it's just a... bad sci-fi series [Frown]
(and yes, I don't like Enterprise. After 'Night in Sickbay' it is clear to me that Archer doesn't have any qualifications to command anything - and if the producers still insist that he's a good captain then there's something very wrong with the series... [Frown] )

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumparoo!

With the premiere happening next week, let's look over the tech "The Expanse" brought us. We discovered a whole schqack of stuff about Earth, but we'll not be seeing any more of it anytime soon...

Any further thoughts?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photonic torpedoes gave me stomach ulcers.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So does Enterprise...

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps