Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Emissary (Page 8)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Emissary
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who cares. She was really hot.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trivia: She was supposed to be a Romulan in the early drafts.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Trivia: She was supposed to be a Romulan in the early drafts.

And where did you hear/read this?

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Me:

I stand by my opinion.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would kinda fit with the BoP supposed to be a Romulan ship. It could have been Valkris's ship and she handed it to Kruge...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It seems like the writers of the movies were always trying to stick Romulan connections in that never made it. Wasn't either Saavik or Valeris supposed to be half-Romulan at some point?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:

Very hot when that freighter was blown up.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It seems like the writers of the movies were always trying to stick Romulan connections in that never made it. Wasn't either Saavik or Valeris supposed to be half-Romulan at some point?

Saavik was Half-Romulan in the script for TWoK.

Fortunately they got rid of that reference because it wouldn't have made a lot of sense unless Saavik was less then 19 years old and breezed through the Academy program given that "Balance of Terror" was only 19 years before "TWoK" and no Romulans and Vulcans had had contact before that.

I suppose it could be possible that one of Saavik's parents was a Romulan spy on Vulcan and revealed their true identity after the events of Balance of Terror, perhaps if he or she got caught.

Or a Vulcan freighter Captain near the Nuetral Zone got it on with a person who they thought was Vulcan but was actually Romulan and never said so until later.

Either way, the alternative of her just being Vulcan is better.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OTOH, it would explain the terrible acting of the STIII Saavik.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the gasping and crying in STII.

Or all Vulcans (except Dr. selar) are (for some reason) more emotional than their male counterparts (explaining Savik and T'Pol at least).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

And the STIV/STVI background Vulcans, who were all overexited crybabies.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T'pau was pretty emotionless. Kinda wooden too, really. [Razz] But between her and Selar, those two have like ten minutes of screen time. T'Pol, Saavik, oldvulcanambassadorchick, and anyone with more than a dozen lines tend to be pretty emotional, that's true.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bond, James Bond:
quote:

Saavik was Half-Romulan in the script for TWoK.

Fortunately they got rid of that reference because it wouldn't have made a lot of sense unless Saavik was less then 19 years old and breezed through the Academy program given that "Balance of Terror" was only 19 years before "TWoK" and no Romulans and Vulcans had had contact before that.

I suppose it could be possible that one of Saavik's parents was a Romulan spy on Vulcan and revealed their true identity after the events of Balance of Terror, perhaps if he or she got caught.

Or a Vulcan freighter Captain near the Nuetral Zone got it on with a person who they thought was Vulcan but was actually Romulan and never said so until later.

Either way, the alternative of her just being Vulcan is better.

i suggest you guys read "The Pandora Principle" by Carolyn Clowes.. its one of the 80s novels, designed to help bridge the gap between TMP and TWOK, and also give the backstory on Saavik.

although the novel isnt canon, i find it to be one of the better installments Pocket Books has to offer of their hundreds of shittier titles, this novel actually 'feels' like the movie Trek universe. many sources have abided by the story of Saavik's early life presented in this book, including two separate stories from rival comic publishers DC and Marvel.

btw, without spoilers, if you dont feel like reading, Saavik is the product of the rape of a captured Vulcan scientist by a Romulan soldier at an abandoned colony. (this occurred before Balance of Terror) Spock helped to educate saavik in the vulcan way of life before she became a ward of boarding schools and the Academy. the book occurs when she is a freshman, and is the point when Nogurafinally weasels Kirk off the bridge and into the desk position he holds at the openng of TWOK

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mike XLVII:
an Oberth upper hull with no pylons or additions would be a Darwin-class scout from the SotSF/Recognition Chart milieu..

Didn't we work out in a thread from Flare past that the first three shillohettes on that chart are the Enterprise-ringship broken into three sections to make three new ships.

I think the Ariadne was the 'ring' part. Lombardy? the 'connecting neck/stick' and the first one the 'forward habitable section'.

the three ships that looked like a broken down ring ship were the Leonardo, Ariadne and the Frobisher. i want to see an action sequence with those three ships as models forming up into a ship Voltron style.

in order to lessen your confusion the artists used a markedly different picture to represent the Darwin, gave it a different name and placed it on a separate section of the chart. perhaps i should do an article.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"T'pau was pretty emotionless. Kinda wooden too, really."

That, and she didn't know the difference between "thee" and "thou".

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps