Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Beware the Tantechlus Field! ["In a Mirror, Darkly" Spoilers] (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ Beware the Tantechlus Field! ["In a Mirror, Darkly" Spoilers]
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we go by the Opening Credits it would appear that the Terran Empire existed even before Cochrane went gun-ho. In one scene it shows the Terran Emblem over a large army implying that the Terran Empire may have been a country that eventually took over the world. This is supplemented with scenes of ubertanks, sub battles, and other war scenes that show perhaps WWIII was a fought not so much by various countries against each other but by various countries against the Terran Empire. There's a series of books by S. M. Stirling that deals with a Terrain like Empire that takes over most of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draka

If the MU is indeed different from our universe in that people are more prone to do evi, than a history of earth similar to Stirling's novel is not so far off and would indeed prove that the Terran Empire existed before FC.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy shit... is that the Defiant MSD next to T'Pol?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the text right above the image. [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The is is too fucking weird, really. I get to see a proper Constitution-class starship in action and a Dalek in the same week.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:

The other day I was driving and listening to the radio, and I heard some news story or other, one of the many fucked-up things that happens these days. And I'd been thinking about this episode coming up, and the thought just popped into my head - WE are the Mirror Universe. Right now I can't see this species ever producing a world like the one we see in Star Trek; Mirror Star Trek though, no problem.

That's what I've been saying all this time...
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWoozle:
I expect that the battle of tau Ceti was against Andorians, explaining the lack of andorian technology. The Terran empire uses a lot of Vulcan Technology and in the regular show, the Vulcans and Andorians are pretty much even, so the Andorians should be able to hold their own against an Earth fleet.

$$$mild spoilers for part two$$$

Regarding the Andorians, check this image from the upcoming episode. (and you may notice something else, too...)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what could be an Orion woman behind him. Hmm. . .

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the Defiant at warp from next week's trailer... reminds me of ST: TMP when the refit Enterprise went to warp.

Well, they could always do another 5 year mission with the USS Constitution...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enterprise crew gather for their weekly Tae-Bo session.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note that everyone in blue in that picture is from Avenger. I'm guessing this pretty well establishes who kicks the universe's ass next week...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only one in blue is the Andorian.

Unless you're talking about the jumpsuits, which I would call purple. But, in that case, you'd be ignoring Sato in the middle there. Whose salute seems a bit out of step...

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks to me like she's claping.
Lee
Member # 393

OK, so obviously they're going to be able to rescue at least some of the NX-01 crew from the lifepods. But they (unlike the raiding party who have nothing to wear apart from their spacesuits) will still have their uniforms. So why would they all have to change into spare Defiant uniforms, unless it was to satisfy some bizarre fetish of Archer's? The mere fact that Sato is still in proper uniform indicates that not all do (and, conversely, we have a pic of T'Pol in TOS blue minidress from what looks to be the same scene).

I think what we're seeing here is the remnants of the crew after Archer's little power-play fails, and just before the bay doors get opened and they all get spaced. That's probably totally wrong, but hey. 8)

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

As for the clapping, could be an outtake or just after they call cut on the final scene, of the loyal crew doing the Imperial salute. Linda Park is clapping because she can finally get out of that ridiculous outfit.

And really, the midriff-baring uniform IS ridiculous, isn't it? It's a totally nonsensical variation of the proper uniform. Why don't the female MACOs bare their tummies? Because it would be silly. Well, these are too.

Also, over at TripHammered, evay made a list of out-of-evil-character moments by the Mirror people. Forrest was really quite a wussy Evil Imperial Starship Captain. Archer should have been slapped down hard for that confrontation in the corridor. I'm assuming that Sato going back to Archer was actually to keep him occupied while T'Pol sprung Forrest, but it's never made clear.

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess they figured since in TOS's MU ep the female's uniform was basically the same, midriff bearing and mini skirt. Which is why I'm surprised they didn't make a skirt version of the Enterprise uniforms for Hoshi and T'Pol.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps