Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Beware the Tantechlus Field! ["In a Mirror, Darkly" Spoilers] (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ Beware the Tantechlus Field! ["In a Mirror, Darkly" Spoilers]
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to the uniform changes, Archer's away team had to switch to the Defiant uniforms since all they had were the EVA suits. Archer's team had T'Pol, Reed, Tucker, Mayweather, and one or two extras. Hoshi and Phlox escaped in escape pods from the Enterprise and so wouldn't need a uniform change after being picked up by either Avenger or Defiant.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The raiding party do NOT have their standard uniforms. They wear grey, form-fitting undersuits, as seen in numerous episodes. So, upon dispensing of the suits, Archer orders everyone in the party change into the Defiant scrubs - which is everyone on the main cast except Hoshi and Phlox. It seems like those two remain in their evil uniforms, while pics show that Archer, Mayweather, T'Pol, Trip and Malcolm all switch over. As for anyone else spotted in TOS livery besides possibly a couple redshirts, well... Maybe the Gorn swiped the laundry first. [Wink]

[EDIT - Damn you, Dat!!]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't there a couple of (metaphorical) redshirts along anyway? At least one, anyway - five in the raiding party. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if it has been mentioned, anyone notice that the ISS Enterprise (Not IX or anything) had an interactive computer system - with a male voice.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, just noticed something: The hull of the ship says "I.S.S. Enterprise". So the MU already uses a prefix? Furthermore, NX-01 is completely gone. I wonder if this Enterprise even is NX-01. We're going to see the NX-09 Friday, and Starfleet just launched NX-02 in our universe. So either it's not NX-01 or it is older than our Enterprise. And why would they build so many ships of that type anyway? IIRC, the NX-01 was nothing more than a testbed for the new warp-5-drive. It makes sense to have an NX-02, but beyond that? Why don't they start refitting the old ships before building so many new NXs? (Of course assuming that they will do the same thing in our universe.)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The patches on their shoulders say NX-01.

As for it being a testbed (in the original universe), yes and no. Yes it was the first with a warp 5 drive, but it was always intended as the first of many of that class. I suppose with all the testing they had done since "First Flight", they had confidence in the drive's performance.

B.J.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Imperial Starfleet apparently hasn't got strict guidelines for safety, and they're a war-economy, meaning they can crank out much more NX-class warships.

As for ISS: this is the same Terran Empire. There won't be a Federation or evil equivalent.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The underside of the ship was left unchanged (so they could use at least SOME stock footage), so we can safely say that NX-01 is still painted on the belly.

Mark

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Just looking through the preview for part two. Minor spoiler follows:

Two words: AFT TORPEDOES.

Mark

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Defiant or for Avenger? It seems you're talking about Defiant.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah... screen caps of the trailer anyone?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It almost looks like they're fired from the dorsal, or the upper part of the secondary hull. It seems to be too high up to be fired from anywhere near the shuttle hangar alcove.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
Hey, just noticed something: The hull of the ship says "I.S.S. Enterprise". So the MU already uses a prefix?

I beat you by 5 hours on that one! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all we know, this is a blast from the phasers that in the refit are clearly visible above the hangar. It's just fired in the pulsed "proximity blast" mode familiar from "Balance of Terror"...

We'll have to wait and listen to the dialogue referring to the use of this weapon.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps