Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 14)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend, I really like your TOS Ship Logos. Are they the Exeter, the Constellation, the Huron, and the Enterprise? They look totally awesome. Great job. I can not wait to see you final versions.

Cheers,

Sarvek [Wink]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Minor update.
Yet another UFP member logo.
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting! [Smile] I like it... although it sorta looks like Scratchy from Itchy and Scratchy! [Smile]

What about a Bank of Bolarus symbol?

Nice work.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let everyone know, it looks like FJ's UFP seal is 'cannon' after all.

http://www.stguardian.to/starbase/sthead.jpg

When I get time, I'll do a comparison to prove the point.

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, knew that one was there for decades. On the travel pod scene in Trek II, the travel pod has commemorative plates lining the walls which are the Federation Founding Members seals from the FJ Tech Manual. The swan-looking one is particularly evident.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well it was news to me. I had always been led to belive that FJ's work had been largely ignored by the production people, supposedly under orders from GR.
Now with the frying pan ships turning up in TWOK, the blueprints being used in TMP and the logos appearing in TVH, it seams to be quite the opposite.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By TPTB, FJ's work was indeed ignored, but not by the Art Department. His material had a really profound impact on Trek art and design, and it shows through.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If my response sounded snooty Rev, I apologize. I had drawn out side and aerial view drawaings of the Trek IV Starfleet HQ buildings for a role-play game a long time ago and I had gone right to the old Tech Manual for the UFP symbol on the round building. I realize it probably wasn't generally known.

--------------------
Stephen L.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC the Son'a also had a logo, which appeared on almost every computer screen. I'll check my "Making of"-book ASAP.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
If my response sounded snooty Rev, I apologize. I had drawn out side and aerial view drawaings of the Trek IV Starfleet HQ buildings for a role-play game a long time ago and I had gone right to the old Tech Manual for the UFP symbol on the round building. I realize it probably wasn't generally known.
Don't fret SE, I just assumed that I had missed that tidbit. Wouldn't have been the first time [Wink]
I'd be very interested to see those drawings however.
I've already prodded a couple of architects I know to try and get some reasonable extrapolations of the various San Francisco buildings.

quote:
IIRC the Son'a also had a logo, which appeared on almost every computer screen. I'll check my "Making of"-book ASAP.
I vaguely remember it being hexagonal with a generic alien glyph at the centre. I'm sure I can do something with it.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an old and rather grainy version of it I've had sitting on my hard drive for the past five years or so...

-

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

SoundEffect
Member # 926

Here's a Son'a symbol I did in Illustrator shortly after Insurrection was out:

Son'a Emblem

I don't have the building drawings anymore. That was way back in role-play hey-day...mid eighties....

--------------------
Stephen L.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

That's a pity, I would have liked to have seen your interpertations.

UPDATE
 -
 -

[ November 23, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

And now for something a little different.

Sol: Flags and Emblems

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The symbol for mars is the "male" symbol... you've got the zodiac symbol for Aires the Ram!?!

Nice though.

What about The Venus station, Jupiter Station and I'm sure there is something around Saturn... the evac station on Mimas? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps