Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 7)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On a black background please.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Done and done.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone ever done a United Earth Space Probe Agency Logo (UESPA)?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly.
 -

--------------------

coatlantis1745
Member # 1034

- posted      Profile for coatlantis1745     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice UESPA logo, Reverend, though I think I preferred it more with a less than "scrunched" globe hehe.

While we are on logos, would you consider designing a hypothetical, and I do stress, hypothetical logo for the S.S. Bonaventure?. Realistically speaking, I believe that the conjectural design for Valiant would best fit the Bonny. Perhaps a mission patch similar to your Valiant one, with any registry number you think would fit best.

--------------------
All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by. . .

-John Masefield

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a possible design for the Bonaventure emblem. In the TAS episode the Elysium Council is shown. One of the members is a human woman with an old-style cowl-neck tunic and a breast insignia. She might be a Bonaventure crewman. Use can see my version on this pic (200 kb): http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/232/TAS.jpg

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

coatlantis1745
Member # 1034

- posted      Profile for coatlantis1745     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
There is a possible design for the Bonaventure emblem. In the TAS episode the Elysium Council is shown. One of the members is a human woman with an old-style cowl-neck tunic and a breast insignia. She might be a Bonaventure crewman. Use can see my version on this pic (200 kb): http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/232/TAS.jpg

Thanks Masao! I had forgotten that insignia element was there.

As such, I can see this insignia being an element of the proposed mission patch, or perhaps even a development project logo.

Now I am a die-hard TAS fan, but even I have difficulty accepting the old Bonaventure as shown on screen as the first space vessel equipped with warp drive. With great reservation, I could see the Bonaventure of TAS as being the first Federation starship equipped with warp drive. Now what if Valiant of 2065 had a sister vessel also named Bonaventure (a homage to Spaceflight Chronology, technical fiction, etc). Then perhaps, we could have a companion mission patch similar to Rev's design for this class?

So in a nutshell, lets have two mission patches, one for each incarnation of Bonaventure. [Smile]

--------------------
All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by. . .

-John Masefield

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice UESPA logo - pity you left out New Zealand on the globe! Or is it? [Smile]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Nice UESPA logo - pity you left out New Zealand on the globe! Or is it?
It's there, the image is just too small for it to be visible at that scale.

UPDATED
After watching "First Flight" last night I made a few observations to revise the UESC logo. Mostly concerning the shade of yellow and the presence of a black outline.
 -

NEW

I also have some new stuff here too.

First up is the UFP Press and Information logo. This one was very tricky and I may yet go back and correct some apparant errors made by the original artist.

Next I have two versions of the Starfleet Academy logo, a gold version seen on one of Picard's certificates. Which I presume to be an earlier incarnation of the more familiar red version.
I don't know about anyone else but I think I much perfer the gold one.

As for a Bonaventure logo, we'll see but it's not high on my list of priorities at the moment.
I've been dragged into doing TAS based work before and the results have been somewhat questionable.

[EDIT: link fixed]

[ June 03, 2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend, since seeing "First Flight" have you considered designing the NX Project Logo?

I totally understand about TAS. You do an excellent job on all your work. It would be interesting to see what you come up with for the Bonaventure. I have always appreciated what you did on the Aquashuttle. It is still on of my favorite shuttles and you represented it quite well.

Great job on the Starfleet Command logo from Enterprise. It looks great. Keep it up. The other logos look good to. You might want to check your second link for the Starfleet Academy logo. I think they are one and the same.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Not wanting to be pedantic - but I can see Tasmania... if you can see Tasmania on there you should EASILY seen New Zealand - it's not THAT small a country! Tis not there. Just saying - that's all. [Smile]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Not wanting to be pedantic - but I can see Tasmania... if you can see Tasmania on there you should EASILY seen New Zealand - it's not THAT small a country! Tis not there. Just saying - that's all. [Smile]
Trust me, it's there.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
After watching "First Flight" last night I made a few observations to revise the UESC logo.
Could you please send me the revised one on a black background?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
After watching "First Flight" last night I made a few observations to revise the UESC logo.
Could you please send me the revised one on a black background?
Done and done.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Just when you thought I'd squeezed all the life out of this old thread!

Symbols of the Federation

--------------------

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps