Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 8)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
darkhawk1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Just when you thought I'd squeezed all the life out of this old thread!

Symbols of the Federation

Excellent graphic! Are you going to do the same for all the Starfleet logos?
IP: Logged
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly.

NEW
A TOS era Romulan logo.
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As someone asked to nicely, here is a Kzinti logo.

-

And just for kicks, the Romulan standard.

-

--------------------

coatlantis1745
Member # 1034

- posted      Profile for coatlantis1745     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks very much for that Kzin insignia, Reverend. [Smile]

--------------------
All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by. . .

-John Masefield

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

No problem.

Next up we have the Trill.
 -
I know that technically this is thought of as the logo for the symbiosis commission, but it's all we really have for the Trill. At least as far as I know.

Second today is the Borg symbol.
 -
A little closer to the real deal than the previous version, but still very much styalised.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think for the TOS Romulan symbol, the head and claws should look more like the wings and be angular. Also, the head should be much more prominent and strongly triangular and overlap the wings.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
use the FASA Romulan logo

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just when you thought I'd squeezed all the life out of this old thread!

Symbols of the Federation

Is that intentional to have a shillohette of a man on the left and a woman on the right flanking the circle on the 2161 badge? I.e. look at the gold 'wreath' bits... they are shillhouettes.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
I think for the TOS Romulan symbol, the head and claws should look more like the wings and be angular. Also, the head should be much more prominent and strongly triangular and overlap the wings.
Point taken.
How's this?

-

quote:
use the FASA Romulan logo
That would defeat the purpose of design somthing original, besides I don't even know what it looks like.

quote:
Is that intentional to have a shillohette of a man on the left and a woman on the right flanking the circle on the 2161 badge? I.e. look at the gold 'wreath' bits... they are shillhouettes.
I do belive that was FJ's intention.

P.S. Another, slightly more interesting version of the Borg symbol.

-

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

P.S. Another, slightly more interesting version of the Borg symbol.

Gold-pass Borg? [Smile]

How about the Boomerang from the walls of TOS starbases? Or the Klingon emblem from the wall of Kor's office in Errand of Mercy (I think it showed up again). There was a thread about it here - many moons ago. [Smile]

Obsidian Order/Tal'Shiar emblems? I wonder what the Klingon intelligence (and oxymoron??) and Section 31 emblems look like?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the last UFP logo, is that actually supposed to be 2830 or is it a typo for 2380?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
How about the Boomerang from the walls of TOS starbases?
Yeah...umm...there isn't much I can do with that one, but I'll give it a shot.

quote:
Or the Klingon emblem from the wall of Kor's office in Errand of Mercy (I think it showed up again). There was a thread about it here - many moons ago.
Give me a link and I'll see what I can do.

quote:
Obsidian Order/Tal'Shiar emblems? I wonder what the Klingon intelligence (and oxymoron??) and Section 31 emblems look like?
Both Obsidian Order and Tal'Shiar are on my to-do list, but the Tal'Shiar one is going to be a little bit tricky.

I imagine the Klingon Intelligence logo looks just like most Klingon logos; red, yellow and spiky.
I seriously doubt that Section 31 has a logo and if they did it'd probably just be the old FJ Federation Seal with '31' superimposed on the star field, nothing spectacular.

quote:
For the last UFP logo, is that actually supposed to be 2830 or is it a typo for 2380?
It's supposed to be 2830, which I randomly chose as the decade in which the U.S.S. Relativity is based.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rev, I'd go even larger and more angular with that head. Your wings in that emblem are very angular with no small details at all. However, the head has small eyes and beak details. Also, I think the head in the TNG logo is much larger, about half the width of the entire emblem. The head in your version should be at least that large. The talons should also be more angular.

Edit: I was watching "And the Children Shall Lead" yesterday and noticed that on the UFP standard/banner the lettering is actually gold, not white (The stars are white). I've been drawing this wrong for years!

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

-

Ok, I've enlarged the head about as much as I dare and made it a little less detailed and a little more stylised.
I'm not sure how to make the claws look more angular without them looking disproportionate. I had a go but it looked just crap.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

That's better. But the wings are still visually overpowering the head and still look like they are in front of the head, especially since the wings' thick black border is intact all around. The head should be clearly standing out in front of the wings. Maybe the lines used to constuct it should be as dark as the lines in the wings? Another possible problem is that the head is now mirroring the knife blade-ish thing between the wings. Perhaps making the head half blue and half green would help.

The claws are the only organic-looking things on the whole emblem, so they look a bit out of place. If making them angular is too busy, think about reducing their number or enlarging the globe and claw.

--------------------

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps