Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Page 9)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well that's good because the wings were supposed to be overpowering. [Wink]
My intention here was to cross the Romulan logo of the ST:VI/TNG era with the Nemesis version, while at the same time produce something distinctive and easily recognised as a stencil on the side of a hull.

Ok, I think I've about cracked it.

-

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new talons are nice. I still think the head is a bit weak, because its outine is still much thinner than the outline of the wings. As a result the head look like it is between or behind the wings rather than being in front of them. But I won't say any more.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I see what you mean now. Sometimes it's a little hard to take a step back from your own work.

-
Now lets do a comparison to see how far we've come. [Wink]
 -

--------------------

Jan
Member # 1133

- posted      Profile for Jan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This looks very good, Reverend! The lines are clear and well placed now, as are the proportions of the head, wings and talons.
Your first attempt wasn't bad, but the newest version is so much better! The Romulans would be proud! [Big Grin]

--------------------
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -- Douglas Adams

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Edit: I was watching "And the Children Shall Lead" yesterday and noticed that on the UFP standard/banner the lettering is actually gold, not white (The stars are white). I've been drawing this wrong for years!
Me too. I'd better rectify that.

-
And while I'm at it...
 -
The old version was a little too plain.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Romulan patch is much better. I think it might be made PERFECT (!) by isolating the head more from the body by extending the black border you have at the top of the head to enclose the entire head. A similar thick black line could be used around each talon/planet unit to make them stand out as well.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

There. Let it never be said that I am unresponsive to criticism.
 -
It is officially perfect!

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Not "criticism," but "suggestions."

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know that technically this is thought of as the logo for the symbiosis commission, but it's all we really have for the Trill.
I think it's safe to assume that it is the Trill logo as it was also used at the reception for the Trill scientists in "Rejoined".

BTW: Do you have an image of the UESPA arrowhead?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I have this.
 -
Or did you mean the pennant that was painted on the side of the Friendship One probe?
'Coz I have that too.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, just the pennant. Thx.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Regarding the six different Klingon logos. Does anyone know in which episodes they were used? I just remember the ones from TOS and TUC.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you just put all the logos on a website that people can browse and download at... just a thought. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yes, wonderful idea, wish I'd thought of that..but I don't have a website, and that's the beginning middle and end of it.

Spike: I'm pretty sure that the 'blade' version was from a DS9 era Klingon computer display.
The version with the red background instead of white is from ST:VI, on the BRG Kurla (sp?) transmission IIRC.
I'm almost certain that the version with the gold disc, one red spike and two greens is from one of the DS9 war maps.
The grey & red one is probably from TNG, as for the rest I don't know off hand.
Oh and there are SEVEN variations, not six. [Wink]

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd be willing to host you, i could start an art outgrowth of the galactopedia and forum

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps