Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 13)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A near zero G spot? A few meters wide is way, way, way too big.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev has hull number dyslexia.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHy, Ent's was comparitively large? This one would need to be much smaller. If not meters, then a little bigger than the hatch. Also, you could just reposition the pod so that it is at like a 70 deg. angle or lower, then have a step ladder to get into the pod.

Also, on a Shik-like state of mind, a meter sized G-spot would be scary. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's quite simple. The grav plating is on and the crew enter through the "top hatch" (which from the outside is a wall hatch) and once they swing their legs in there's an internal ladder for them to climb down (horizontally) to the deck floor. It's a bit queasy but that's not a big deal during an emergency and it's simple enough to visualise if you've seen Kubrick's 2001.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here's a crossection.
 -

--------------------

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh I'd forgotten about the top hatch. I'd imagined that they'd have to climb in from the bottom, from the deck below.

Anyways thoroughly checked my RAM through memtest and one stick of it is definitely up shit creek. So I've gotta to send it back to Corsair and get a replacement, God knows how long that'll take. At least it has lifetime warranty though.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the same as OverRon.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok, I know I said I was done, but there were a few details that were bugging me (like the saucer rim nor having floor space to accommodate the escape pods AND a corridor) so here we go again...
 -
 -

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the USS Serenity is undergoing a compression coil refit, huh? Nice.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well you can't let a compression coil get busted now, can you?

--------------------

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I managed to steal 1 gig of decent RAM out of my brothers PC so been working on this a little more. Felt a little burned out with doing the saucer so I did another part, the nacelle pylon thingie.

Anyways it's fully modelled, I hope, and trying out new larger textures (although can't really see them too well unless the light is just right). Not sure of the material properties as it's looking a little too metallic, so I may tinker with them to get them looking a little more like plastic.

And I just noticed Rev has gone and changed the pylons in those last two images, sods law eh? [Razz]

-  -  -
 -  -  -

And here's a test render vid showing the material. Too metallic?

-

Edit: Making them clickable thumbnails now

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

If you want it to fit in with a mid-late 23rd century starship paint job, then you might want to tone the mettalic-ness.

--------------------

-George Carlin

OverRon
Member # 2036

Okay, finally re-built the top of the saucer section, and have done a final texture image for it.

How are materials looking now? As I've plasti-fied them a lot.

-  -
 -  -

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It shall be glorious.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Beautiful.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps