Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$)
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only seen the first ep, second is on my hard drive, but so far I'm very impressed. The show pretends that T3 never occurred, which is just fine by me. It's very much about the relationship between John and Sarah, and also between them and the world around them. The action is good, though I never really got the same feeling of impending doom from Cromartie that I did from the 800 and 1000 models. Maybe that's just me, though. Summer Glau is great fun, especially when she's coherent.

And when a shiny time-traveling robot is called chrome-marty, I just have to laugh.

So, did anyone else watch it?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't but if you say its good and that it ignores T3, then maybe I will see it.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Downloaded the leaked copy of the pilot a while back, I gather the actual broadcast version didn't vary much or at all. So, I'm downloading ep 2 now.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it doesn't actually ignore Terminator 3. They time travel around it. At least one thing from the film (cancer) seems to sticking around for plot development purposes.

Anyway, I thought it was OK, but it feels. . . televisiony?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has potential. Pilots are often a bit dodgy on the characterisation and dialogue fronts while the actors and writers get a feel for their characters, so no surprise in that department.
One thing I did like is that whoever is writing this has done their homework on Terminator lore. The dogs, the barcode tattos, it seams to hold up quite well. At the very least they watched the movies & took notes, which is good.

The only problem I have is how did Chrome Dome's (as he shall henceforth be known) head make it through the time vortex sans flesh?

Something of interest; I noticed the Terminator in the second episode didn't recognise Cameron (his HUD said "Unknown Cyborg") so either he's from an earlier point in time from when she was manufactured or she's something new. My money is on her being designed and built by the resistance themselves, if not John himself. Why not? In the "original" timeline Tech-Com managed to destroy Skynet's defense grid and enter the main complex, which is where they found the time displacement equipment and a freezer full of T-800s with one missing. So in whatever alternate future this series is heading towards/trying to avoid maybe they got their hands on an manufacturing facility aswell, turning Skynet's weapons against it.

Speaking of the future, it seams as if the war against the machines have become a temporal game of chess (first person to say temporal cold war gets a kick to the back of the head) as the resistance obviously have been able to hold onto their timer machine this time round (in the Original timeline they blew the whole complex after Reese & "Uncle Bob" went through.) Not only that they understand the technology enough to be able to send back someone who can recreate it with 20th Century technology.
From this we can only assume that the future ground war has reached a stalemate with both sides now resorting to time travel sleeper agents to out manoeuvre the other.

quote:
I never really got the same feeling of impending doom from Cromartie that I did from the 800 and 1000 models.
Not to split hairs, but this is the kind of common misunderstanding that bugs me.
Cromartie is a T-800, as are all the flesh covered exoskeleton cyborgs we've seen. Arnie was Model-101 of the 800 series, so presumable this chrome dome, the other one in the second episode and the one from Kyle's memory (in the first movie) were just different models of the same series. Which is good for the actors/stunt guys on this show because they can do a Cylon and kill them as often as they like, Skynet is all about mass production.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't trying to be precise, just referring to the models of Terminators seen in the movies. [Smile]

Also, some of the writers have been posting on a board I frequent, and they explain Cromartie's head. They say it still had the flesh on it when the time machine activated, but the flesh was already burning away. It went to the future where the flesh finished burning, resulting in a skinless skull.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it might be something like that, though that is pushing credibility.

Anyone else looking forward to the episode where they find out who's been elected governor of California?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the question in my mind at the moment is why is it that Cameron can regenerate her skin but Cromartie can't?

Also, there is some kind of special relationship between Cameron and Future John... she knows an awful lot about him.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well even "Bob" said he could heal like any human. The original Terminator only went funky because he took too much damage for the flesh to be able to cope.
On the other hand, I can see Cameron getting cut up quite a bit as the series progresses so they'll probably introduce some kind of gimmick to explain how she heals quicker than the T-800. Nano bots in the flesh, or a genetically enhanced form of clone tissue, which might explain why we saw her eat, to feed the flesh's enhanced metabolism. Not sure how that would work in the absence of a stomach though, giver her endoskeleton looks to be basically the same design as a T-800, just scaled down and with blue eyes instead of red.

My money is still on John having built her. Maybe she's his daughter or something.

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sigh... and here I was, hoping for some hair continuity.
Yeah, it's a minor nitpick, but I'm glad that the biggest issue I have so far [Big Grin]

So, Linda Hamilton's Sarah obviously was a blonde, but Lena Headey's is not. Apparently, it is not a good day to dye [Smile] First Daniel Craig's Bond, and now this. [Razz]

What pisses me off is that they could've made Headey blonde in the photo, which would mean that Sarah did dye her hair black afterwards, and it'd be a non-issue.

What next? Black guys playing Normans in Robin Hood series? Oh wait... never mind [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Revanche
Member # 953

- posted      Profile for Revanche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Something of interest; I noticed the Terminator in the second episode didn't recognise Cameron (his HUD said "Unknown Cyborg") so either he's from an earlier point in time from when she was manufactured or she's something new. My money is on her being designed and built by the resistance themselves, if not John himself. Why not?

It appears that may possibly be addressed in the next (4th episode). There was a teaser where Cameron tells Sarah they are in the same location where she was built.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever since Cameron's first cryptic comments about about having spent time with John and about how the sleeper agents "have seen her before" (but not "know her" as Sarah put it), I've thought that she was created with John's future daughter as a model.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Revanche
Member # 953

- posted      Profile for Revanche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
...I've thought that she was created with John's future daughter as a model.

Oooh, I like your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is with this future daughter business? You do not send a sexy killbot who happens to look just like your own daughter back in time to hang out with your teenage self. This is a recipe for the most painfully awkward family dinners imaginable.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

You never saw Back to the Future, did you?

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps