Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » X-Men 2, what did you think? $$$$$$$$ (Page 6)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: X-Men 2, what did you think? $$$$$$$$
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lifeforce, yes. Where did I get Lifeblood from? Oh well. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reference I noted about Wolverine remembering fighting near Monte Cassini was definitely early 80s, though. I had a copy of the annual in question (number 4, if memory serves) before I joined the Air Force, and I enlisted in August of 83. Logan's supposed ties (genetically speaking, of course) to Sabretooth were common knowledge in the comic book crowd (at least in my part of the country). All this was before Barry Windsor-Smith's Weapon X miniseries started muddying the waters of Logan's backstory. Back then his past was mysterious, not hopelessly convoluted.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie was excelent! I enjoyed it very much. I did hope to hear at least on comment about Mystique and NightCrawler lookig aline in the movie.

Also, did anyone notice that the claws of Lady Deathstrike were in at least one of the X-ray pictures? Pitty they never really fleshed out how she relates to the project, except for one simple reference.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NightWing:
The movie was excelent! I enjoyed it very much. I did hope to hear at least on comment about Mystique and NightCrawler lookig aline in the movie.

Alike? What - being blue? I liked their scene together.

quote:
Originally posted by NightWing:

Also, did anyone notice that the claws of Lady Deathstrike were in at least one of the X-ray pictures? Pitty they never really fleshed out how she relates to the project, except for one simple reference.

If you look in certain scenes (and certain magazines) there are X-rays of AT LEAST - Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike and even Archangel's Wing

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally saw it, very slick, and memorable. In fact, I'm enthoused enough to catch a second run, which was the last thing I expected. [Smile]

Cartman's random thought of the day: jealous brother = serious liability

"drop the knives!"

"I can't, look..."

*pop*

Ah... the irony in having a thick skull, eh?

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it for the second time last night; damn good!!

The begining sequence in the White House, especially.

..and yes I did notice the part where it looked as though Stewart and Cyclops were about to kiss [Big Grin] . Oh, and Colossus definitely had an American accent...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to point out for the record that Petey has been going to this American school for a few years now. I knew an exchange student from the Netherlands who went to my high school for senior year, and after just one year in the US she had the colloquialisms down cold, had no trace of an accent, and when it came time to leave, she found she was having trouble remembering how to speak Dutch. I have no problem with the fact that in his few lines Colossus didn't sound like Chekov...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither do I, just commenting. Although there's a Russian and 2 Germans at my school who've been there for a few years and don't have British accents. Just to be difficult [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your school is like Yalta Jr.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh.

Saw it last night. I'm tempted to go all Simon on you guys and write some kind of an erudite thread of quasi-review, but for now I'm too damn lazy. The best subtle use of fanwank award has to go to whoever decided to put those folders on Stryker's computer desktop, though.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a legacy.

I'm pretty certain what looks like a wing in those x-rays is just, like, a shoulder-blade or something. I think I read that somewhere.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, that whole plotline with Mystique, well, uncovering the plot on that computer. . . How likely is that? You leave the central details of your conspiracy to commit genocide on your PC desktop accessible easily by voiceprint, but then require a login and password to actually say where it's all going to happen?

The way she then gets out by impersonating the cleaner and carrying the trash (which is laughable, really) can in this instance be explained away by the fact that a) Lady Deathstrike was pretrty much zombified, and b) having low-paid menial work experience in high-security installations, I know that it's best not to get to curious, hence the janitor's reaction of "Hey! This man is my exact double! Hey! That dog has a puffy tail!"

Other plot-holes abound. For instance, Logan goes all the way to Alkali Lake yet makes only the most cursory of inspections. I'd have taken a closer look at the dam straight off.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The helicopter landing pad, for instance, might have been a clue.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we're in anal-retentive mode, I'm tempted to dig through all the research I did on the Columbia River Treaty for a paper last fall to verfiy my hunch that Canada has never had a "Department of Energy and Natural Resources" as that plaque at Alkali Lake asserted. Of course, the bigger issue might be that there isn't actually an "Alkali Lake" in the Canadian Rockies, let alone one with a dam. Stupid fiction. [Smile]

Best plot hole I've found so far... how exactly does Logan cross the Canada-US border on the way up to Alkali Lake and then again on the return leg? Or does Xavier have a passport-forging machine tucked into a broom closet across the hall from Cerebro?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
I would like to point out for the record that Petey has been going to this American school for a few years now. I knew an exchange student from the Netherlands who went to my high school for senior year, and after just one year in the US she had the colloquialisms down cold, had no trace of an accent, and when it came time to leave, she found she was having trouble remembering how to speak Dutch. I have no problem with the fact that in his few lines Colossus didn't sound like Chekov...

--Jonah

OMG! THANKYOU! Someone who understands where I'm coming from. Why does it take someone else to summarise thousands of words and lots of posts in to one nice paragraph for me!?! Wanna do my Literature Assignment? [Smile]

Exactly about the accent. Had a school aquaintance who went to Germany GERMANY for 1 year and came back speaking with an American accent... GERMANY!?! He was a fake though. He WAS doing it on the last day of school before he went away - but how could you keep that up for a year or more. Unless he did hang around people with American accents and picked it up... but dear oh dear! LOL!

Yes, I'm actually glad Piotr didn't sound like Chekov! [Smile]

Actually I could see the movie a 3rd time! [Smile]

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps