Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » What's your favorite sci-fi TV series so far and why ? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: What's your favorite sci-fi TV series so far and why ?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Using my m@d M0d sk!Llz, I am now declaring it law that RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON should be capitalised on EVERY occassion that IT is MENTIONED.

Your m@d M0d sk!Llz don't work in my forum, pal. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't they use that in the "PILOT EPISODE"?

Yep, when, "SAMANTHA CARTER" discovers the, DHD on, "ABYDOS", she, SAYS and, I, "QUOTE":

quote:
Amazing. This is what was missing from the dig at Giza. This is how they controlled it. It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth. Look how small it is!
The "EXPRESSION", on "RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON"'s FACE at, the MacGyver, reference, is just, "PRICELESS"!!!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Your m@d M0d sk!Llz don't work in my forum, pal. [Big Grin]

No, but I outrank you on LENGTH of service and roguishness of HAIR.

Besides, everyone seems to be doing it.

And, er, to answer the question..."BUFFY the VAMPIRE SLAYER".

Although that is FUDGING the catagory slightly.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's "O'Neill", dammit.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. There's another Colonel named O'Neil, but he has no sense of humor at all. And was played by a completely different actor.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say Deep Space Nine is my all time favorite.
The character interaction is superb, the premise is already established by the series that came before it so there's none of the required (and tiresome) explanations of why things like transporters work and the story can get really get moving.
An ongoing story arc was something new to Trek and it worked very well.
Mainly though, I loved that it gave all the actors a chance to add personality to their characters and the writers had a real respect for the history of the franchise.

Runner up is Farscape. It's fresh, full on non-humanoid aliens (a leap from what we'd seen prior) and the characters were as real and believable as any I'd seen.
Plus, the show was hilarious at times when John used sci-fi refrences to explain a situation.
I recall one episode where Aruen thought Yoda was a real wise man from earth....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt Russle played a more macho version in the movie. I think the Anderson version is better.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, the show was hilarious at times when John used sci-fi refrences to explain a situation.

Best scene ever was him walking around on the Scarran negotiating table, explaining how for one day only there's a blue light special in aisle three! "My wormhole technology and a free set of steak-knives for all the tea in China, and anything else you can imagine to pay me. Welcome to my cold war. Now what am I bid for all the powers of the universe?"

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can I get a HELL YEAH!?!"

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's something John yells when he FINALLY realizes that since the "Scorpious clone" is in his head, he can kick his ass and shut him up anytime he wants to.
I recall, he punched Scorpy about twenty feet up into the air and into an open dumpster before yelling it.

Awwww...heck: it's a Farscape thing.
You should watch it if you havent.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Member # 91

Naturally, an invisible audience responded "HELL YEAH!"

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Actually, it's a wrestling reference.

Or possibly a reference to other things. I imagine that phrase to be fairly commonplace. Still, wrestling would seem to be the obvious place.

--------------------

AVON
Member # 1186

- posted      Profile for AVON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to SEE that folks on here have a SENSE of HUMOUR!!! [Wink]

Quite like bits of "FARSCAPE"(probably due to it being an Aussie clone of "B7")!!! [Razz]

--------------------
"Have you betrayed US? Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

http://www.avon-paul-darrow.co.uk
http://www.blakes-7.co.uk
http://www.incredibleworlds.com

Avon.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's a clone of B7 because they are prisoners that are fleeing an oppress...uh...they're all rebels trying to overthrow the galactic govern...no....um...

It's just easier to call you an idiot.

Unless that was an attempt at humor: then it was just a lame joke and youre off the hook...kinda.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps