Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » What's your favorite sci-fi TV series so far and why ? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: What's your favorite sci-fi TV series so far and why ?
AVON
Member # 1186

- posted      Profile for AVON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason Abbadon
quote:
Unless that was an attempt at humour: then it was just a lame joke and youre off the hook...kinda.
NO I'm DEADLY SERIOUS I'm afraid, regarding my comments about "FARSCAPE"!!!

"FARSCAPE" like, "ANDROMEDA" is a clone in parts of "BLAKE'S SEVEN" - (The former having a cloned-"SERVALAN" type character, for instance).

All, of "ANDROMEDA'S" characters can be easily recognised as, being copied from "BLAKE'S SEVEN" too ("AVON" = "TYR", "BLAKE" = "DYLAN", "JENNA" = BECCA", etc)!!! [Razz]

--------------------
"Have you betrayed US? Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

http://www.avon-paul-darrow.co.uk
http://www.blakes-7.co.uk
http://www.incredibleworlds.com

Avon.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"YOU" = "INSANE"
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, that was my 5,000th post...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I only need about 60 more before I become "Active" [Big Grin]

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget to buy protection.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know that Jason was for sale.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...the fuck!?!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

Wow! I managed an expleteve and triple punctuation from Jason. With NO mispelled words to boot!

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WizArtist, the Timecube� has you...

Uh, so back to topic before we there's any more moronic newbie-abuse:

Star Trek: TOS is the winnar and gets teh powwarup. What was there before it? I don't know. There's likely a reason for that. The idea that anyone could realistically make this series is plainly insane, yet somehow got on the air and stayed there for three fertile seasons. Although it was campy and sometimes downright ridiculous, it pioneered episodic (hard) science-fiction television. By today's standard the production values look preposterous and the costumes silly, but so much of the writing was so good, and so provocative that it earns the top place in my ranking. I'm of the opinion that today's writers have at least as much to learn from TOS writers as the production and FX guys for TOS would have from the production and FX people from today.

Of late? Firefly is the show to beat these days. The more you watch, the more you appreciate just how good it really was. Unfortunately this also has the effect of making you realize just how bad many of its contemporaries are. Great characters, great dialogue, interesting and exciting stories with big and little arc development and, hey, gunplay! Too bad FOX has gotten so good at finding/developing new properties and then completely undercutting them and destroying them. Seriously, it could be, like, a part of their business plan.

Farscape was starting to be really good, and then started to be bad. Really bad. I almost wrote some spoilers, but suffice it to say, I feel like maybe people ought to watch the first two seasons.

I caught a couple of episodes of SG-1. It wasn't too bad really. Which isn't a compliment is it? Hrmm. Well, Enterprise is far worse. No, that's still not a compliment. Ummm. Nice production value. I'm sorry, it's just that as much as I like "RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON", he's playing the same character he played in McGyver only less resourceful, more violent and older. O'Neill is fun to watch for a while, but not the way Picard was fun to watch, and certainly not the way Kirk or Malcom Reynolds(FF) is fun to watch.

John Pertwee is my favorite Doctor Who.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Pertwee was okay....the first three Doctors were more like cranky old bastards than the later neurotic versions....
I still think that Peter Davison played the best Doctor (and was by far the best actor of the lot).
And his companions didint always leave the show happily (or alive, for that matter!).

Over at SSM, we've been debating the gains to sci-fi made by Space: Above and Beyond.
Sadly, Fox killed it by placing it during football's timeslot or shuffeling it with the Simpsons to fill gaps in their programng, then blamed the show for the fact that fans "couldnt follow the storyline".
Kinda sounds like another recently killed Fox sci fi show..

SAAB was definitely worth watching and I think worthy of revisiting (with a larger budget).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

John Pertwee was okay....the first three Doctors were more like cranky old bastards than the later neurotic versions....
I still think that Peter Davison played the best Doctor (and was by far the best actor of the lot).
And his companions didint always leave the show happily (or alive, for that matter!).

Over at SSM, we've been debating the gains to sci-fi made by Space: Above and Beyond.
Sadly, Fox killed it by placing it during football's timeslot or shuffeling it with the Simpsons to fill gaps in their programng, then blamed the show for the fact that fans "couldnt follow the storyline".
Kinda sounds like another recently killed Fox sci fi show..

SAAB was definitely worth watching and I think worthy of revisiting (with a larger budget).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Balaam Xumucane:
I caught a couple of episodes of SG-1. It wasn't too bad really. Which isn't a compliment is it? Hrmm. Well, Enterprise is far worse. No, that's still not a compliment. Ummm. Nice production value. I'm sorry, it's just that as much as I like "RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON", he's playing the same character he played in McGyver only less resourceful, more violent and older. O'Neill is fun to watch for a while, but not the way Picard was fun to watch, and certainly not the way Kirk or Malcom Reynolds(FF) is fun to watch.

Which ones? I mean, if I'd catch a couple of first-season Babylon 5 or TNG or Farscape or even DS9 (or SG1, I'll admit) episodes today without having any knowledge of how those shows would grow and mature in their later seasons, or if I randomly grabbed Shades of Grey or Let He Who Is Without Sin without having watched The Best of Both Worlds or In The Pale Moonlight earlier on, I would probably turn away in disgust and never tune in again in my life, and then I'd be missing out on some of the best sci-fi ever aired. Which is only to say that I have learned (slowly) to at least sit through a full year of something before judging what I've seen too harshly.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I like the job Andreson's doing on Stargate and i like his character a lot.
As long as I dont try to think of him as Kurt Russell's character from the movie anyway...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

Ditto.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

Species 1162
Member # 1162

- posted      Profile for Species 1162     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Trek in all its forms, never got into Stargate, but did watch the last two seasons of B5. Good show. Saw the last season of Farscape, I wish that was still on.

And of course Firefly. Those b*$*rds. Hope the moron who gave the cancel order is run over by a bus. Several times. Then said bus runs over Avon. [Mad]

--------------------
Experience Is What You Get When You Don't Get What You Want.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps