Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes...
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or for that matter, the changes made from the theatrical versions to the special editions. Anyone know? There's gotta be SOME website devoted to this out there somewhere...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This page covers the changes between the Special Editions and the DVD release:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would think Lucas would realize that the whole Greedo shooting first thing was the worst idea ever ... including Jar Jar Binks. Restoring it to the original Han shooting first would have made a lot of fans happy.

Also if he's going to change Anakin's ghost, why not change the scene after he throws the Emporer over the edge and Luke takes off his helmet.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The final changes are all here:
http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2374

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an idea, Sir Nguyen; buy da box and look @ it! *overgasps*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
You would think Lucas would realize that the whole Greedo shooting first thing was the worst idea ever ... including Jar Jar Binks. Restoring it to the original Han shooting first would have made a lot of fans happy.

But it seems that a lot of fans don't realize that Greedo *always* fired first...at least according to Lucas. The manner in which the scene was edited originally just didn't make this clear. But I agree, the digital morph effect on Solo's countenance and having Greedo miss by soooo far at point blank range were hackneyed and distasteful.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by School of Nim:
I have an idea, Sir Nguyen; buy da box and look @ it! *overgasps*

Ahh, Nimsie... You KNOW I will. But my untrained eyes will nae see many of the more minor alterations. I need a Cliff Notes digest of the changes to help me on my way.

Speaking of which, how about a list of the changes from the theatrical version to the SE?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.theforce.net/swse/

Sponsored by Google [Wink]

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that too Mim, I don't know if it's true or Lucas says so because he doesn't want to revert to the original version. He obviously knows fans hate that alteration, so he gives a reason for it being there with no intention of changing it back even though it'd make almost every Star Wars fan happy.

Greedo can't be much of a good bounty hunter if he misses a target by that much when he's only sitting two feet away from him.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair, nobody said he was any good.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I was thinking that it wouldn't be too hard to replace ugly-old--bloke with Hayden-in-makeup.

And I know that's all changing things and bad, but I really, really hate it when characters are recast. It drags you out of your suspension of disbelief.

"But what about Obi-Wan", you cry. And you'd be right. Except that between the time Ben first appears in ANH and dies, we've had over an hour to get to know Guiness as the new/old Kenobi. With Anakin though, kid's are going to go: "who the fuck is that in Vadar's costume? He didn't look like that? What's going on? Wait, no, he's back to looking like he did in that other one. I'm confused. I hate Star Wars. I'm going to go and watch The OC."

Disaster, I think you'll agree.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Hobbes:
quote:
Greedo can't be much of a good bounty hunter if he misses a target by that much when he's only sitting two feet away from him.
It was the Duros gloves. They threw off her aim. [Smile]

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by Freefall:
"This is a nice place. Veterinarian must be an important job on a planet that's being terraformed."
"It really makes you wonder what kind of strange creatures he has in here."
"...Especially when you realize that something is licking your ankle."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now you're saying Han shoots women in bars?
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I think that the changing of Anakin at the end of ROTJ is the most stupid thing to have been changed as he dies an old man - not a young one! [Frown]

Someone needs to teach Lucas how to suck eggs! [Frown]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Hobbes
Member # 138

Her? Greedo's a she? When the fuck did that happen?

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps