Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes... (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes...
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, if they fixed it, why would I need comforting? That's when I would be glad. And your "sympathy" is out of proportion.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, I didn't say it was fixed, I said it was "fixed."

I gotta stop trying to display a personality. People always take it the wrong way.

Marian

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, Nim.
You're gonna die a lonely lonely man if you respond all women that way. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "fix" really isn't good at all. It's kinda like...a glow added to the outside of the stick. Or something. It looks wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Well you know, Honor Among Fucks and all that.
Palpatine acknowledging Luke's resolve, "So be it, Jedi"...

You thought that was honour? I thought that was Palpatine spitting at Luke. "Fine, if you're going to call yourself a Jedi, you're going to see how outmatched you are, you snot-nosed bitch."

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
The "fix" really isn't good at all. It's kinda like...a glow added to the outside of the stick. Or something. It looks wrong.

So so wrong. Ironically, when we followed up by watching TESB, the yellow flashes are there, too. They always have been there. ROTJ too. Only there, they don't...suck.

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by the FineScale Modeler Forums:
"Helicopters don't fly, they beat the air into submission."

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched it, Obi's saber-glitch is much better now, less objectionable. They fixed the sounds for Vader's saber too, now it turns on like in ROTJ and that of Darth Maul's, the original TESB-vadersab sounded like it could blow.

For some reason though, Luke's saber is green in the first practice-shot aboard the Falcon in ANH, what gives?
It reminded me of seeing Superman's suit become green for some shots of the movie.

I thought Temuera Morrison would be an awful Fett compared to Jeremy Bullock, but I must say his TESB-lines were quite allright, "He's worth a lot to me!".

And they finally fixed Solo's magical vest! In the closeups before his freeze, when he says "I know", they've dyed it white so as to look like his shirt. Nice.

Watching the old trilogy in DVD-format just does further justice to these already fantastic movies, and I'm just not being sentimental.
The scenery, stages and buildings of these movies are brilliant, I found myself staring at Cloud City's walls and slide-doors, it's so tight, clean and believable.

As I've grown a lot since last I looked at these movies (ten years ago), I also have a newfound appreciation for the character development, especially Han and Leia's cat and mouse games at Hoth and in space worm. I never noticed the dry humor and sassiness before.

Leia: "Sometimes you make things so difficult for me."
Solo: "Yeah, I do, I really do. *looks down at shoes, microscopic grin* You could be a bit nicer, though."

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it interesting (and by interesting, I mean so in a fairly sad and pathetic manner) than Han's magically appearing vest mistake isn't actually a mistake at all. Apparently, it was a shadow all along that just happened to look like a vest. Although Lucas was apparently sick enough of having it pointed out to him that it was still changed.

The thing that annoys me about the Obi-Wan saber fix was that it seems a bit...half hearted. If they were going to fix it, couldn't they have gone all the way?

Still, the lightsabers do look nicer. Apart from Luke's being all wrong coloured and stuff.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
Member # 205

This was the first time Yoda's death got to me, I'm getting old.
Also, ROTJ ewok party with the song they added in -97, I've finally gotten accustomed to it so now that gets me too. For some reason it reminds me of Peruvian music.

The Hayden paste job could be better, his head seemed to slide around in the collar somewhat and he doesn't look as happy and "salvationed" as Shaw did, more like "yeah, yeah, I'm goodguy now. *sigh*"
I think he was going for the "proud of my son"-look, like he was focusing on Luke, but it didn't reach all the way.
At least he's good-looking in that hair, at least, the bastard. Must get the wax he uses.

I forgot to mention that I went to the swedish Sci-Fi convention two weeks ago, met David Prowse, Warwick Davis and Ron Perlman. As I'd expexted, Perlman was the best experience.

It was day 2, so there were no lines to the tables they sat at, so I got to chat with Ron about Hellboy and other things.
When I saw Hellboy, I was amazed that they played Tom Waits' "Heartattack and Vine" for Hellboy's intro scene, since I've connected Waits & Perlman ever since seeing "Bram Stoker's Dracula". They look alike, act somewhat alike (to me).
He said that he did like Tom Waits and that they had discussed what kind of music Hellboy would listen to in his spare time, and apparently it was Tom Waits and Al Green.

Also, talked a bit about "The Last Supper", in which he did a marvelous but ambiguous conservative. We managed to connect it with "Hellboy" in different ways.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...his head seemed to slide around in the collar somewhat..."

I could be wrong, but wasn't it a complete replacement? I mean, they didn't stick HC's head on SS's body. I'm pretty sure that was HC's full head and body in that shot.

Nim
Member # 205

Yeah, you're probably right.

Hm, checked IMDB, Christensen is 6'1", Prowse is (was) 6'7". Mighty big shoes to fill.
I think somewhere on Curtis Saxton's SW-page there's an essay which theorizes that Vader's legs might be prosthetics as well, for jumping and such. That might explain the 6-inch boost. :.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jumping? He has the Force for that.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, the lightsabers do look nicer

Check the equivalent articles for V and VI.

Vader's. Sabre. Is pink.

Pink.

My school has just bought a top-o'-the-line desktop system for video editing. They don't NEED it, but they have it. I'm going to make use of it by taking these mostly-stellar-sounding DVDs and editing out the crap, replacing some things with earlier versions. No Jabba scene in IV, Greedo doesn't shoot at all, and most importantly, VADER'S SABRE WILL NOT BE PINK, DAMN YOU!!!!!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I think somewhere on Curtis Saxton's SW-page there's an essay which theorizes that Vader's legs might be prosthetics as well, for jumping and such."

Go-go Gadget shoes!

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Check the equivalent articles for V and VI.

Vader's. Sabre. Is pink.

Pink.

I share your pain. [Frown]

quote:

I'm going to make use of it by taking these mostly-stellar-sounding DVDs and editing out the crap, replacing some things with earlier versions. No Jabba scene in IV, Greedo doesn't shoot at all, and most importantly, VADER'S SABRE WILL NOT BE PINK, DAMN YOU!!!!!

Kewl. Don't forget to restore censored DS troopers getting hit, and fix the TESB turbolaser blast destroying asteroid before it touches it. [Cool]

Also, have you noticed that Solo actually shoots two times at Greedo? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps