Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Best Buy in White Marsh opened at 12:01am to sell the DVDs. I went, took one look at the parking lot full of cars, and the line of folks out of the building and around the corner ...

... and said, "fuck it" and went home, slept, and bought the set this afternoon.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... just like Christmas.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Kazeite:
quote:
I also remember how relieved I was seeing unfrozen Han Solo in ROTJ photos [Cool]
Heh, I remember being disappointed, because they gave it away. Big two-page shot of Han surrounded by Ewoks in Time Magazine. [Frown]

I wonder if Marvel Comics was ever able to wrap up their "where in the galaxy is the slab-o-Han" plotline before ROTJ came out. At the time it seemed perfectly natural that Our Heroes would have to scour the galaxy looking for him. Being just a kid, I didn't put two and two together and realise that they knew all along where Boba was going.

Apparently neither did Marvel. [Smile]

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by the Star Wars Galaxies forums:
"Well, just think about who really uses [leetspeak]: Lonely teenage guys who live in their parents' basements and have girlfriends whose names end in .jpg" --Fluke_Starbucker, 09-03-2004 01:26 PM

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marian: Actually, if you rewatch the end of "The Empire Strikes Back", Luke is on the medical frigate, talking to Lando and Chewie in the Falcon, briefing them on the rendezvous at Tattoine and instructing them to "wait for the signal". So they had the plans ready for infiltrating Jabba's palace already then. I think Leia and Chewie understood what Boba would do with Han already in the carbonite chamber.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He says "I'll meet you on Tatoinne." so it's not real secret as to where they're going: the reason why they're going there is not clear (as we never saw Jabba's palace before and the big slug could have lived anywhere).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jabba's presence on Tatooine was established in "A New Hope", as was Solo's being out of favor with him. And in TESB it seemed to be common knowledge that Jabba had put a price on Solo's head.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jabba's palace is not mentioned in the theatrical ANH thoug nad we were talking about Marvels' silly "where is the slab o' Han" story arc.

Though it's not as bad as any DC Trek comic.
((Suudder))

I may have to break out my VHS SE of ESB later for old time's sake....the update for DVD does not sound essential to my life (as it's been years since I bothered with watching them anyhow.
As I've seen the regular versions each at least ten times.

Something amusing:
http://img6.exs.cx/img6/5084/lucaschanges.jpg

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, go back and READ my post. I said "at the time" it seemed natural, because "Being just a kid, I didn't put two and two together". But obviously I already know all the stuff you were falling over each other to tell me, because I also said, "they knew all along where Boba was going".

Sheesh. Remedial Reading Comprehension, anyone? [Big Grin]

Marian

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been mentioned before, somewhere, but the name Tatooine wasn't mentioned in the original release of ANH, right? So, going strictly by the movies, when Luke says he'll hook up with them on Tatooine, noone really knew what Tatooine was and it could've been any planet. However, I'm pretty sure that it had been pretty well established in off-camera sources that the desert planet in ANH was Tatooine by the time ESB came out.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Tatooine was well established by the toys though.
Every kid knew what the planet's name was.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I may have to break out my VHS SE of ESB later for old time's sake..."

That's not good, when the special editions are viewed for "old times' sake".

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hate the Emperor's new dialogue in TESB. Now it has the feel of him scolding Vader, "I told you not to sleep with that girl, didn't I? Well, didn't I? And now your kid is running around blowing up our battle-stations. GOOD JOB, ass!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

What exactly IS the new dialogue?
If the Emporer refers to vader as "Annie" I will personally buckwheat Lucas.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MarianLH
Member # 1102

Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
What exactly IS the new dialogue?
If the Emporer refers to vader as "Annie" I will personally buckwheat Lucas.

To paraphrase a certain taciturn bartender, "no spoilers, no spoilers!" [Smile]

Or at least, use a spoiler warning.

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by the Star Wars Galaxies forums:
"What do you mean I can't run people off the road? I make my car payment, just like everyone else." --Me

Nim
Member # 205

Should we know this bartender? I've never seen a movie with a bartender discussing movie details, nor have I seen a bartender picking out auto-parts to rice out his car with, obstinately rejecting these wind-flaps.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps