Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes...
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Should we know this bartender? I've never seen a movie with a bartender discussing movie details, nor have I seen a bartender picking out auto-parts to rice out his car with, obstinately rejecting these wind-flaps.
Uh, Nim, remember the scene in Star Wars when Ponda Baba pulls a blaster and the bartender dives under the counter shouting "No blasters, no blasters!" as Obi-Wan ignites his light-saber and slices Ponda Babe into deli sized portions?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fairness to Nim, I think I may have misused the word "paraphrase." But yes, that is what I was thinking of. [Smile]

And Sol, thanks for the quote! I can't wait to use it in the SWG forums. [Smile]

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by the Flare Sci Fi forums:
"In the incredibly sad circles I traveled in as a young boy, knowing that Greedo was played by a girl was the best way to establish nerd cred." --Sol System, September 20, 2004

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never heard the "no blasters"-line, just Ponda's angry bellowing and Kenobi's igniting saber.
Tell you what though, I may be able to check it out on the new DVDs this weekend, my favorite shop is selling the box for 499 Kronor (67$), quite doable.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha. I got mine for $44.03 flat with my Target employee discount. But even without it it would only have been $44.99 plus tax. Then i went to Borders and laughed at their $67 price tag. I rule.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone told me that Meijer is selling it for $44, too. For those of you not from the Northern Midwest, USA, Meijer is like a regional version of Super Wal-Mart. Except better.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to Best Buy, got it for $46 or something.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I got mine for $44.03 flat with my Target employee discount. But even without it it would only have been $44.99 plus tax."

So, your employee discount is about 2%?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's 10%. You have to remember that sales tax in California is up to 8.75 cents on the dollar now. Man, does that suck. But that's why the employee discount is nice. [Wink]

[ September 26, 2004, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sales tax is 8.25% in Los Angeles. [Frown]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Check again. It was just raised a few months ago.

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My discount is a crushed biscuit in office mail bin.
I will go chop the DVD-box AFAIK.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
14.5% total sails tax in B.C.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
19%. Spoiled twats.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps