Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Definitive List of Star Wars DVD Changes...
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17.5%. Oh, the joys of comparing VAT rates.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missouri's sales tax is 4.225%. Of course, St. Louis County adds their own tax onto that, bringing it up to 6.075%. And each municipality in the county adds to that as it sees fit, so it tends to be a little over 7.5%.

So, um... ha, I guess.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, after watching the new DVDs I note that while Boba Fett's voice has been redubbed by Temura Morrison of AOTC, the stormtroopers have not. So I, in my infinite wisdom, declare the argument that the troopers during the Civil War are just the clonetroopers from the Clone Wars re-costumed to be null and void.

And the Han-steps-on-Jabba's-tail scene in ANH still looks like crap. And so does the musical number in ROTJ. But what the fuck...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the Jabba scene is a definate improvement over the '97 version.

The greatest let down of the DVDs for me is the ending of RotJ, where we see Naboo and that the Gungans are still alive! Why couldn't the Death Star have been demonstrated on that planet?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, come on, think it through! 20 years for R&D and full construction of the first Death Star, yet only, what, three for partial completion of the second? No, I think we can make a good case for at least one previous prototype, perhaps even one with the planet-blaster emitter on the equator as depicted in ANH. It would make sense to then test it on Naboo. But obviously it failed. Why? Did whatsisface, Gungan voiced by Brian Blessed, deflect the beam with a shake of his massive jowls? Perhaps. More likely, the prototype was insufficiently shielded against Jar-Jar's annoyingness and self-destructed.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is, of course, a Star Wars novel about this very subject, minus the Gungans, or indeed any prequel references. Why did I buy so many of these?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just bought them and flicked through, and I thought that the Han treading on Jabba's tail bit was much improved. Still not great, but better.

And then, being ultra cool, I looked for the most important change in all the movies...the removal of the English lettering on the tractor beam transmitter. Yes.

Oh, and I looked at that bit where Obi-Wan's lightsaber disappeared (I can't believe they didn't fix that in the SE). And...it still looks rubbish. 10 years and two new versions, and that was the best that they could do? Pah, I say.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention that contrast and color equalizing processes left Vader with pink saber [Roll Eyes]
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't colour and contrast equalising. They re-rotoscoped the effects. Which could be the same thing, I don't know. To be honest, I had trouble seeing any colour in most of the lightsabre scenes in ANH originally.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reminds me that I came across a collection of side by side comparisons that I thought was more pleasing to the eye than those previously made available here. (The website itself, I mean.) Unless it has been made previously available here, in which case, woah, spooky.

http://www.dvdanswers.com/sw1.html

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't feel like going and looking through long lists of alterations, so maybe someone already knows the answer to this: I noticed an external shot of the hangar on Yavin that I didn't recognize. It was a tall stone building with jungle on the sides. Was this new to the DVD, a SE thing, or was it always there?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's always been there. Like a small plaza, right?

And Vader's saber has always been pink in the Obi-faceoff. I haven't watched the new SE:s but I had hoped they'd fixed Obi-Wan's dying saber.
Funny about that scene, I always thought Vader was rude to have ignited his saber before Kenobi arrived.
It would've been cooler if he too had lit up just when they met.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heaven forbid that Vader be rude... [Eek!]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you know, Honor Among Fucks and all that.
Palpatine acknowledging Luke's resolve, "So be it, Jedi", Raoh's eloquent retort to Shin in Fist of the North Star, "I didn't plan on dealing with you at this time but if you're that eager to die I'll oblige you".

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
I haven't watched the new SE:s but I had hoped they'd fixed Obi-Wan's dying saber.

You're actually looking forward to it? OMG, I feel so sorry for you. Yeah, they, um, "fixed" that scene. Watch it with a good friend who can comfort you afterward.

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by George Lucas:
"A special effect is just a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing."
-From Star Wars To Jedi, (1983)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps